Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are only 92 league clubs in the league so not many jobs to go around.

If there is a stato amoung us they can probably provide figures but blacks account for 3% of the UK population, now if that is reflected in football then we have already had our quota,(lol).

How many ex black players have come across as potential managers in your eyes?

It's all about perception.
    Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post

If there is a stato amoung us they can probably provide figures but blacks account for 3% of the UK population, now if that is reflected in football then we have already had our quota,(lol).

Statto here, there are 4 BAME managers in English football. This gives a percentage of 4.35%. In 2011, the census gave a 3% account for Black or Black British people. Assuming this may have changed by up to 1% in the last 4 years, I would say that there is a fairly accurate representation here of the population itself.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        Statto here, there are 4 BAME managers in English football. This gives a percentage of 4.35%. In 2011, the census gave a 3% account for Black or Black British people. Assuming this may have changed by up to 1% in the last 4 years, I would say that there is a fairly accurate representation here of the population itself.
        Ok, it all makes sense then, if anything to many black managers should be the cry.
        Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
          I can honestly say hand on heart that I have not seen a hint of racism at QPR in maybe over 25 years and it pains me to say it but it just seems that Les is jumping on the Sol Campbell bandwagon inventing issues where there are hardly any whatsoever these days at any club and yes I do include Chelsea in that
          Ole ole ole Didier Drogba's got AIDS?

Some mug behind me kept trying to start that off at Stamford Bridge. He got nowhere, fortunately. A lot of people told him to stfu.

But you don't have to go far to find people who think that's just "banter". This forum, for a start. I was in a tiny minority who thought the aids chant was racist here: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...at-Loftus-Road

Comment

Black people are hugely overrepresented in football though *as players*. You can't seriously tell me they make up just 4% of the pool of potential managers (ex footballers retired within the past decade or two).

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
              Black people are hugely overrepresented in football though *as players*. You can't seriously tell me they make up just 4% of the pool of potential managers (ex footballers retired within the past decade or two).
              I'm not saying that, I'm saying relative to the population, the value isn't too bad. Of course relative to footballers the numbers vary.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

See that bolded bit is a great example of the subtle racism in our society. Not saying you're racist at all, just pointing out that that sort of negative perception is the exact thing black people have to deal with all the time. Working class whites have to deal with it too, to an extent. Essentially anyone bar a posh white straight male (hi guys) suffers from this sort of stuff.

Comment

I'm not saying that, I'm saying relative to the population, the value isn't too bad. Of course relative to footballers the numbers vary.

Sure but I don't see how it helps to compare a profession drawn from another (heavily black) profession with the general population.

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                    Ole ole ole Didier Drogba's got AIDS?

Some mug behind me kept trying to start that off at Stamford Bridge. He got nowhere, fortunately. A lot of people told him to stfu.

But you don't have to go far to find people who think that's just "banter". This forum, for a start. I was in a tiny minority who thought the aids chant was racist here: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...at-Loftus-Road
                    That Drogba chant is cretinous. How the hell can anyone suggest that isn't racist?

Comment

Originally posted by KuPR View Post
                      That Drogba chant is cretinous. How the hell can anyone suggest that isn't racist?
                      agreed on that for sure. Disgusting to say such a thing. Also with regards to Geng's point, I agree, it isn't the most representative thing but it is the best I can do in about 10 minutes haha.

Comment

Ok I ask stato another question, how many black players are at the 92 clubs?
                        Kept the faith!

Comment

Ok I ask stato another question, how many black players are at the 92 clubs?
                          The difficulty with this is that are we talking about black british footballers? or all black footballers including foreign players?

Comment

All
                            Kept the faith!

Comment

All
                              http://blogs.channel4.com/keme-nzere...droom1897/1897

this article suggests 25 percent of players at the moment are BAME

Comment

If a black man comes out and says he believes that for one reason or another there are not enough black coaches/managers. I would rather listen to what he has to say about than just dismiss it as left propaganda. Not saying Les is right but I am guessing he knows more about it than most people on the site do.

Comment

Working...
                                X