This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blue and white View Post
    If a black man comes out and says he believes that for one reason or another there are not enough black coaches/managers. I would rather listen to what he has to say about than just dismiss it as left propaganda. Not saying Les is right but I am guessing he knows more about it than most people on the site do.
    Absolutely agree, It isn't about the fact that there is a representation of people at the end of the day. From their experience, if they feel they haven't gotten a job due to skin colour, then there is a suggestion for sure that things need to change.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by KuPR View Post
      That Drogba chant is cretinous. How the hell can anyone suggest that isn't racist?
      Got no problem whatsoever with chants. Just banter mate. Gallows humour, football banter or call it what you want. It's a part of football and always will be hopefully. If you dont like it then dont sing along.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        Absolutely agree, It isn't about the fact that there is a representation of people at the end of the day. From their experience, if they feel they haven't gotten a job due to skin colour, then there is a suggestion for sure that things need to change.
        Hmmm there could also be the suggestion that the idea of racism has clouded there judgement and they might be inadvertently using that idea to further their ends and advance their career. I dont believe that their are racist chairman in the 92 clubs stopping coloured people or ethnic minorities from advancing. Thats utter nonsense. If you are good enough then you will succeed. Stop looking for an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
          If you are good enough then you will succeed. Stop looking for an excuse.
          Hear, hear.
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Hmmm there could also be the suggestion that the idea of racism has clouded there judgement and they might be inadvertently using that idea to further their ends and advance their career. I dont believe that their are racist chairman in the 92 clubs stopping coloured people or ethnic minorities from advancing. Thats utter nonsense. If you are good enough then you will succeed. Stop looking for an excuse.
            Thats very true as well. But the point I made was that if it was clearly racism, and I mean very very clearly, then yea things need to change obviously. Agree with you though too that at the end of the day, results bring jobs.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Got no problem whatsoever with chants. Just banter mate. Gallows humour, football banter or call it what you want. It's a part of football and always will be hopefully. If you dont like it then dont sing along.
              Racist banter is still racist.

If you want to chant racist chants go ahead. Just don't complain when it's pointed out it's racist.

Comment

Singing a song about someone having aids is Beyound racism, it's ignorance of the highest order!
                Kept the faith!

Comment

Isn't the Rooney Rule a bit counter productive though? One ethnic minority *has* to be considered for any head coaching role. It's a bit 'Token Black' for my liking. If they have all the badges etc they should be considered whether black, white or even a FEMALE!

Comment

Originally posted by DannyDire View Post
                    Isn't the Rooney Rule a bit counter productive though? One ethnic minority *has* to be considered for any head coaching role. It's a bit 'Token Black' for my liking. If they have all the badges etc they should be considered whether black, white or even a FEMALE!
                    Agree.
                    Kept the faith!

Comment

for

for those of you that are not aware of it les ferdinand has asked the football league for us to install the rooney law this is where every head coach
                      has to look at black or asian candidates,we have seen how the bosman ruling finished us little clubs because we no longer could hold onto our best players
                      so we never used to have a head coach untill ferdinand came along
                      and look who his first head coach is,YES YOUVE GUEST IT ITS A BLACK MAN,THE WHITE RAY WILKINS,ABSOLUTELY USELESS BUT BECAUSE HES BLACK WE HAVE TO DROP THROUGH THREE DIVISIONS
                      BEFORE WE CAN SACK HIM,now please forget about lets see what players he can buy,if we dont put and experienced manager,and i dont care if hes black white or coffee coloured we are in for serious trouble,

ITS BEGINNING TO LOOK LIKE WE NEED TO SACK BOTH RAMSEY AND LES FERDINAND IF LES WANTS TO TAKE UP POLITICS OK BUT PLEASE GO TO CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB GET OUT OF OURS WE NEED A MANAGER WHO CAN MATCH THE SPECIAL ONE AT THE MOMENT WE HAVE A BOY SCOUT LEADER
                      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

If black footballers are using their race to get ahead in management they really aren't doing it very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                          If black footballers are using their race to get ahead in management they really aren't doing it very well.
                          if thats the case then obviously not

Comment

Having said sod all for years Les seems to be going into overdrive

Comment

That's racist and you say that "you hope it will always be here"???

That's made me sick!

Gallows humour has an entirely different definition and context: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallows_humor

Further, in no possible way could it be defined as 'banter'.

You were banned for this very reason last time, we offered you another chance and you've not changed your views.

This time it's a permanent ban.

Comment

Working...
                              X