5 minutes in the dressing room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 minutes in the dressing room

Ok, it's a few minutes before the teams take the field, and you're delivering the team talk.

What would you say?
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Get out on the pitch and show some backbone. fight for your right to play in this league.

You dont want yet another relegation on your CVs. There are no guarantees that Premiership clubs will be interested in signing you with yet another relegation against you. So if you want Premiership football then go out and earn it.
    Its 11 against 11 professionials out there so don't roll over and let them walk all over you. Those fans out there pay their hard earned wages to waych you and expect you to fight for this club from start to finish.

Comment

Super thread!!!!

Feel bit stumped. For me at the moment we just seem too timid so would have to be something stirring to get the adrenalin going in them. Give them the confidence to take some risks on the pitch and play the game in front of them instead of trying to execute a rigid plan; if an opportunity presents itself then back yourself and go for it

And in an odd way remember what made them love football in the first place when they were kids and capture that feeling again. We look terrified on the pitch at times and play it so safe. Football is fun and their playing it on the biggest stage of all so enjoy yourselves as some of you will never play at the highest level again. I am firm believer in if you enjoy what your doing your better at it so we need to capture the enjoyment factor

Not sure if that answers the question but that's what I would try to encapsulate in a team talk

And if all else fails just smash them and rough them up!!

Comment

We get relegated - we won't sell you, we won't release you, you all will be stuck with QPR in the Championship, is this what you want?
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Can I have your boots please

Can I have your top please

Can you sign this please

I met you at the POTY doo

Anyway on to the team talk.... Oh times up

Comment

"You wanna hear a funny one? There's a bloke called QPR Richard who thinks we'll stay up!!"

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
              "You wanna hear a funny one? There's a bloke called QPR Richard who thinks we'll stay up!!"
              What's funny about having belief in your team? If us fans aren't up for the challenge, fans who say they love the club, should the players take the same approach and lay down for the remaining 8 games?

Perhaps they agree with you and have already given up. True fans would spit blood if the players went public and said they've thrown in the towel, just like fans such as you have.

I don't expect the players to have the love for QPR that us fans have. I expect them to go out and win bloody football matches. But why should they bother if the fans can't be bothered? Being a QPR fan is a labour of love. Should we abandon our club when it most needs us? Like it or not, I'm sticking with my belief to the very end, and no amount of stick from you or anyone else will make me think different.

Comment

Nice thread.
                Listen you cants when your finished losing another game i want you to run over towards our fans waving your paychecks in the air and if i don't see you all smiling i'll sell you wanchors to fulham....shaun grab the water bottles you useless little p rik.
                PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                  Nice thread.
                  Listen you cants when your finished losing another game i want you to run over towards our fans waving your paychecks in the air and if i don't see you all smiling i'll sell you wanchors to fulham....shaun grab the water bottles you useless little p rik.
                  Better still, tell them if they lose, Ted's boys will be waiting for them outside

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                    Better still, tell them if they lose, Ted's boys will be waiting for them outside
                    Gilhooley mob

Comment

Hereford have made bids for Shaun and junior so I'll be starting with Eduardo and Adel
                      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

I'd make them watch the playoff final again and show them what it means staying in this league, it's not over yet and that we can still do it.

On our day we can beat anyone, go out there and show the world what we can do. We should be the ones laughing... not them!

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                          I'd make them watch the playoff final again and show them what it means staying in this league, it's not over yet and that we can still do it.

On our day we can beat anyone, go out there and show the world what we can do. We should be the ones laughing... not them!
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                            On our day we can beat anyone
                            This is so true MYU but the facts show we have only had our day 6times in 30 this year and its gutting

Comment

I'd bring a bit of Sunday league to the dresing room in he form of cable ties. Love to see SWP try & cut his Gucci trainers from the hot water pipe in the shower.
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                              X