Greeno called up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
    He has had a very good season for us but you can ask Clint Dempsey whether he is good enough to play for England.
    One moment should define someone's career? C'mon mate, you know that isn't true.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      One moment should define someone's career? C'mon mate, you know that isn't true.
      I agree that it doesn't define his career. It was just one big moment in the World Cup for England and it cost us. I was just pointing out that he makes too many mistakes to be considered for England, and that was one of his biggest. And I'm sure you have noticed that he has been making plenty of mistakes for us this season too. If we go down, we'll see who he plays for next season.
      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

He is my POTY so far but even i admit he is prone to the odd clanger every now and then. Comes with the Rob Green territory but imo he makes up for it with some game saving saves.

Comment

makes some blinding saves

Comment

He has been good, that's why Chelsea scum want to buy him for next season
            You Rsssssss

Comment

Say what you like but without Green we would be losing by more than 1 goal every week !

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                He has had a very good season for us but you can ask Clint Dempsey whether he is good enough to play for England.
                I was there at that game in Rustenburg and the clanger Basically meant we missed out on top spot in the group and made us face the Germans in Bloemfontein and to say I was scathing of him at that time is understatement to say the least but I may have slightly forgiven him if he was a QPR player at the time!

As for now well I think he has been one of our top 2-3 players all season but still England class I dont think so but hopefully I will get to see him play for at least a small bit in Turin next Tuesday as there is no way Joe Hart will play or at least not 90 minutes

Comment

If he wasn't prone to the odd clanger, he wouldn't be playing for QPR. If he was consistent with this performances he would be playing for a top 6 prem team. I don't think we could get a better keeper to play for us (qpr) currently. Not sure if he is England class but there isn't many who come close to Hart at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                    the clanger Basically meant we missed out on top spot in the group and made us face the Germans in Bloemfontein
                    I've never got the reason to blame Green on this to be honest.

Firstly, we didnt lose the game.

Secondly, we got out of the group regardless of this one game and if you want to win the World Cup you are going to have to play the best teams at some point in the knock-out stages anyway so facing Germany next or in a later round is almost irrelevant.

Thirdly, we wouldnt have got to the final if we'd won the group anyway!!

Comment

Chelsea after our keeper? I've heard of agent orange but agent green? Might work though!

Comment

In Green's defence that was a new World Cup ball they were playing with, that had a slippery surface to it, and that they'd only had a few weeks practice with. Been modified slightly since. That ball is responsible for all the game changes you now see.

Long shots that power in without the GK getting near them.
                        Speed from all angles on headers that catch GK's out.
                        Power shots that go in at the near post.
                        Rebounds like pinball machines.
                        More curve on the ball from shots and free kicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          I've never got the reason to blame Green on this to be honest.

Firstly, we didnt lose the game.

Secondly, we got out of the group regardless of this one game and if you want to win the World Cup you are going to have to play the best teams at some point in the knock-out stages anyway so facing Germany next or in a later round is almost irrelevant.

Thirdly, we wouldnt have got to the final if we'd won the group anyway!!
                          It is unfair to blame him but I am still convinced if we had won that game we would have reached at least the semi finals and that clanger added another 2000 miles to my travelling in South Africa
                          Last edited by IsleworthRanger; 26-03-2015, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                            It is unfair to blame him but I am still convinced if we had won that game we would have reached at least the semi finals and that clanger added another 2000 miles to my travelling in South Africa
                            2,000 miles....ooosh!

Comment

Working...
                            X