No announcement yet.

Faurlin!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't really argue with any of the opinions expressed here, he reminds me of Peter Ried at Bolton years ago, injury after injury, he came back and kicked #### for years, and that was in an era without the medical knowledge we now process, my gut and heart says keep him, my head says, no.
    Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Thing is that in that first prem season, he was being touted for a move to arsenal in January before the injury. Faurlin as far as I and many others can attest to has been a big player for us when available. Saying he only appears to love the club would be an injustice to his feelings about the club. Plenty of people have better director of football qualities than Les and yet we went with him because of his association with the club and I think that will be huge in the long run for the trust. Getting rid of Faurlin would have the opposite effect and wouldn't have any real benefit apart from maybe 20k off the wage bill and with SWP and many others off on high wages, what difference would that make to our accounts next year?

It isn't about owing him anything, I don't think that is the correct term. He is a very talented player with the right qualities to succeed at this club be it in a playing or coaching capacity. He works hard and brings the right attitude needed at this club right now.
      His playing days are more than probably gone at the highest level , but i get what your saying Nasser
      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Good over the years for us(although over rated by some people) but he will never return to his best again so its time to shift him on. I can see him breaking down by october at the latest if we stick by him again.
        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

People moaning about accounts and wasting money then in next breath want to give out a sympthetic contract which will cost us what million a year on 20k a week

I like Ale and would love him to stay fit and if you could guarantee he would I would extend him but as others have said the guy just picks up injuries. If were looking to take the club in new direction and spend money wisely then in theory he should be let go on given pay as you play contract at the very best

Comment

Coaching role beckoning methinks

Comment

Pay as you play deal if we go down. if we stay up then i doubt he'll get a deal.
              Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
              Lovejoy: "No?!"
              Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                Yawn,yawn..

Gang of four.
                What are you on about ? He's permanantly injured . Lovely bloke and all that but this club needs to cut the ######## and cut away any fat that isn't servicing qpr fc . He can't contribute and its a bitter pill to swallow but it's time for him to move on . What is it with us are we a charity ? Harsh but I'm afraid it's reality

Comment

I'm saying there are plenty of other playing staff leaving who we are happy to see the back end of. Faurlin isn't on big wages, I'm sure he would love to stay and he would bring heart to the club. He is built into the foundations of what we have achieved and he shouldn't be considered disposable. Either as a player or a coach, he has to stay on at this club.
                  No it's only 1 million pounds a year . Pocket change

Comment

time to get shot of #1hip and #acl. they got their honoury 1 year contract last year. time to move them on now.
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                      No it's only 1 million pounds a year . Pocket change
                      And better spent on a player who we will get something out of.
                      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                        And better spent on a player who we will get something out of.

Comment

People complain about the sport not having any heart anymore because it is all about the money. Then you read threads like this, it is just a shame.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Correct if I'm wrong, but did R.Dunne get a clause in his first contract that if he get a long term injury he will be released without any compensation? The club should consider giving Faurlin a similar contract and not pay as you play. If he is stuck to the bench, will he receive any money, even if he is fit?

Comment

People complain about the sport not having any heart anymore because it is all about the money. Then you read threads like this, it is just a shame.
                              Spot on!!
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

It's not about not having heart Nasser. The guy hasn't played for 3 years and has taken probably over £3 million. (Assuming £20k a week). That's £3,000,000 without kicking a ball. I'm sorry, he might be a nice guy but there is absolutely no way whatsoever he should be given a new contract.

Would rather use that money to give Charlie a £20k pay rise and keep him here

Comment

Working...
                                X