Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey Barton- stay or go?

IMO...

if we stay up he's got to go. As the seasons gone on it seems as if he's gone down hill each game he plays. His passing has been woeful, and every time he goes in for a challenge I hold my breath. Also with his latest outburst it shows his attitude has still not changed and has/could cost us vital points

BUT on the flip side if we go down after all Ive said I actually think I'd keep him. He might not be a Prem player any more imo but he could still do a job in the Championship. Also if we go down we're going to need some strong experienced heads both on and off the pitch just like last season. And also JB was a massive influence when we rebuilt from that shower of $hit that MH left us.
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

We need to cut costs and if we drop he's good enough for the Championship, but not on the wages his on. We can bring in 4 or 5 Championship players on the wages Joey is on alone.

If we stay up, still think we can find a better player that's cheaper. All the players are well over paid and that's why he didn't want to leave, he knows he wont get paid that again.

Plus that sending off cost us 3 points, and no one to replace Sandro yesterday.

Comment

Think we would be daft to keep him. Liability on big wages, who isn't very good. Never thought I would say this but Karl Henry all day long.
      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

I'm a Joey fan:

Stay up - ship him out

Go down - offer minimal salary - if he takes it then we have a decent midfielder, if not we spend the dough on someone else.

Comment

Go.
          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Get rid off him liabilty though and though, will never learn to control his temper. Who's to say he won't cost us points in the championship. and no premier club will touch him with a barge pole
            You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              I'm a Joey fan:

Stay up - ship him out

Go down - offer minimal salary - if he takes it then we have a decent midfielder, if not we spend the dough on someone else.
              This. Bar the opening line.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Bye
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Keep all day every day. Good player in a struggling team

Comment

never a premiership player so if we manage to stay up then get rid but if we drop he will do a job for us.....i'm sure in his own mind he will sign for barca.
                    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

go, need a younger midfield dynamo

Comment

If we stay up - Get rid.

If we go down - Get rid.

Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                          never a premiership player so if we manage to stay up then get rid but if we drop he will do a job for us.....i'm sure in his own mind he will sign for barca.
                          Exactly

Comment

Cant help myself but i really like him as a person and as a footballer. Dont ask me why though cos im deffo in the minority.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Cant help myself but i really like him as a person and as a footballer. Dont ask me why though cos im deffo in the minority.
                              I would say that you're in the minority with good reason - he's an average footballer at best, and (comes across as) an even worse human being.

Comment

Working...
                              X