i'm sorry but i don't think we should be playing furlong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
    Harsh but i agree with you. Nothing against the lad and he looks like a prospect but he has been thrown in the deep end and i feel a bit sorry for him. He is nowhere near prem quality but then again apart from 2 or 3 none of our players are prem class either. If Isla was fit enough to sit on the bench then he should have started last night at RB.
    I agree with the OP as well, think Furlong should play but bring him on as sub. As you said V, he's been thrown in the deep end and it's not fair on him.

Comment

What are we all expecting from our youth? How many games he played? 3? Playing against one of the inform players in the PL and Arsenal are good footballing side. And people are moaning. Get a grip
      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Was given a good chasing by Sanchez last night. Still, it is good that CR is taking a chance on the youngsters. Sometimes it will work out and other times it won't. HR wouldn't even try because of the risk that this would happen.

Furlong definitely a good prospect and showed some nice touches but could somebody please tell him how to take a throw in!
        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

The Ramcrapp backlash starts here.....Furlong is dropped for Saturday. Ramshit hates playing the youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            The Ramcrapp backlash starts here.....Furlong is dropped for Saturday. Ramshit hates playing the youth.

Had a chuckle at that one

Comment

i thought we hated Harry because he never gave the kids a chance?
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

W C Fields had it right, never be on the same stage with kids or animals.

Comment

Its great him getting the chance whilst Isla was injured but no doubt he shouldn't be in front of a Chilean international haha

Comment

Pure unadulterated naiviety from a new inexperienced manager playing a kid that young, with 90 minutes pro football under his belt, against a top three club. He hung him out to dry and could of set him back months.

Comment

I personally thought he did well against Hull and therefore should have kept his place. Jesus if he got dropped and Isla got done by Sanchez (like most full backs have this year) then people will be complaining and saying that the kid shouldn't have been dropped after a good game and it's like Harry again.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
                        I personally thought he did well against Hull and therefore should have kept his place. Jesus if he got dropped and Isla got done by Sanchez (like most full backs have this year) then people will be complaining and saying that the kid shouldn't have been dropped after a good game and it's like Harry again.
                        No no no no.. Yes he did OK at Hull but that was his first ever professional experience. No matter how well he played against a fellow struggling side, putting him in against a top 4 side and one of the best players in the world for only his 2nd professional appearance is a mistake. Yes, it was an education for him but that game was a game we had to be solid at the back for and not a game to educate our youngsters in IMO. Hull and Arsenal are two massively different opposition... If Isla was fit, he should of played 100%. It made additional sense for Isla to play as he knows Sanchez inside out from Chile and Udinese.

Comment

Due to injuries and fitness we didn't have any choice but to play him

If Isla is 100% fit tomorrow he will play instead
                          We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post

You sure about all of that?........ I'll take your word for it.

Comment

Isla obviously wasn't 100% fit and Ramsey didn't want to risk it. Hindsight is wonderful and it turned out to be wrong but who is to say Isla would have done better as he has had some poor games as well against players not as good and he wouldn't be fully fit.

At the end of the day no one knows how it would have been with Isla. I assume we would have lost anyway and Furlong will probably never play against a better player maybe in his life so it is an experience that could benefit him long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post

Furlong is deffo not playing, so lets see who he plays.

Comment

Working...
                                X