i'm sorry but i don't think we should be playing furlong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm sorry but i don't think we should be playing furlong

i truly hope he succeeds but he's not ready.

he backs off defenders too much
    gets sold dummies quite easily
    heads the ball to the opposition instead of safety first out of touch
    when running up, crosses first time (many of which were good tbh in 1st half) instead of trying to take a man. that means defenders realise that and will learn to shut down his crosses.

i just don't think we should be playing him at such a crunch time...

Yea you should be sorry
    'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Furlong is one for the future. However, its criminal to leave Isla benched when fit. We needs our best players on the pitch. The same applies to Vargas.

Comment

It's not his fault Redknapp the #### left us with no right back. He's doing a job, and he's doing ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrine View Post
          i truly hope he succeeds but he's not ready.

he backs off defenders too much
          gets sold dummies quite easily
          heads the ball to the opposition instead of safety first out of touch
          when running up, crosses first time (many of which were good tbh in 1st half) instead of trying to take a man. that means defenders realise that and will learn to shut down his crosses.

i just don't think we should be playing him at such a crunch time...

Harsh but i agree with you. Nothing against the lad and he looks like a prospect but he has been thrown in the deep end and i feel a bit sorry for him. He is nowhere near prem quality but then again apart from 2 or 3 none of our players are prem class either. If Isla was fit enough to sit on the bench then he should have started last night at RB.

Comment

Although I agree with the OP, this is the problem most top flight managers have. When is it not a crunch match in the prem? especially for a club like us who struggle to get points. But yeah he was terrorised last night against a top, top player, suppose it depends how fit Isla was.

Comment

You obviously havent been reading this forum for the last two seasons op mate. Kids are best. If you dont play the kids you get called horrible names and told you are suffering a mental disease etc. Kids kids kids is all we need. Most want more playing not take out the only one we are using.
              We need hitchcock back. He was our last saviour that didnt get chance to save us cos of pesky Alzheimer man .

Comment

Can see where people are coming from but Sanchez has been making mugs of defenders all season. I thought that within the context of the opposition he did ok and didn't let his head drop. Have been impressed with him so far and will only improve.

Personally I'd play Isla but have no problem with giving Furlong a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                  Furlong is one for the future. However, its criminal to leave Isla benched when fit. We needs our best players on the pitch. The same applies to Vargas.
                  Spot on

Comment

Thought he was great against Hull, struggled last night but tbh so many people do against Arsenal
                    Under Les Ferdinand:
                    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Same here. This was risky business against Sanches.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

He's done fine imo, last night is not a barometer because up against one of the best players in the prem.

Personally i'm a fan of Ramsey but it was a massive oversight to not start Isla at RB. Not only is he our best option, but he is a team mate of Sanchez for Chile so will be more in tune with what to expect and how to deal with him, than anyone else in the league haivng trained with him countless times.

I'm still baffled by the fact he's not playing Vargas either.... very frustrating.

Comment

I assume CR (in my opinion quite rightly) is playing players that will be here next season in all likelihood ... That means no space for a Vargas, Isla & Zarate. If they had been pulling up trees he might no ave the option but Vargas (just like most league clubs he has played for) hasn't exactly been prolific, Zarate couldn't make the West Ham team ahead of Carlton Cole and isla has been solid - not much more.

Building a team for whatever league we play in next season seems sensible and hints towards the fact we won't be revamping the whole squad again at the end of the year.

Comment

Arsenal sussed him out and all the problems stemmed from his side. In saying that, next season he will flourish
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Will go on to be a good player. Just hope he doesn't play against chelsea though, as if Sanchez done that to him last night, imagine what Hazard will do.
                              @chrisrobson9

Comment

Working...
                              X