Are you pro or anti Tony Fernandes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MYU View Post
    You're making out you knew they'd all be dud.
    Not all of them MYU but it was around that time i was starting to get suspicious of his intentions. I think he has wisened up since then and become a better Chairman but he's still not all that. I admit i dislike the bloke and i cant ever see that changing. I certainly will never trust the man. To me he comes across just like a politician with his smiley face and false love for everything. Perfect face man for a syndicate of businessmen tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
      Lol i think you conveniently forgot Ji Sung Park, Boswinga and Cesar. Brought in to increase his profile because they were "big" names.
      I think you are conveniently forgetting your last post. These weren't first season buys V.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Not all of them MYU but it was around that time i was starting to get suspicious of his intentions. I think he has wisened up since then and become a better Chairman but he's still not all that. I admit i dislike the bloke and i cant ever see that changing. I certainly will never trust the man. To me he comes across just like a politician with his smiley face and false love for everything. Perfect face man for a syndicate of businessmen tbh.
        Basically, you don't believe people can be happy. All you complain about is how you can't trust him because he is happy.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Most fans like him because he was pumping in shed loads of money and promised everything from a state of the art Academy/training ground to a 40k stadium. He tells fans what they want to hear. Excellent PR guy to have on your team. He told the Caterham F1 fans how much he loved F1 and the Caterham Team for years.

Comment

Not all hindsight though. He spent his first season bringing in players to increase his and Air Asia's profile and the branding of the club. He kept Hughes employed for too long when all knew he should have sacked him and did the same with Harry.
            Out of interest, why would the owners of an incredibly successful and profitable airline, attempt to increase their already high profile off the back of a small West London football club who had spent the majority of the last 15 years failing miserably on the pitch and losing money hand over fist, every single year, off of it?

Seems a bit odd to me, but that's what happens when I think for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              Basically, you don't believe people can be happy. All you complain about is how you can't trust him because he is happy.
              I am sorry mate but again i dont know what you are moaning at me about? Does it really hurt you that i dont like the guy? I just told you my reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

Careful you gonna start a trend on here and wouldnt that be novel!

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                  Out of interest, why would the owners of an incredibly successful and profitable airline, attempt to increase their already high profile off the back of a small West London football club who had spent the majority of the last 15 years failing miserably on the pitch and losing money hand over fist, every single year, off of it?

lol look at this picture and tell me TF wasnt milking the press conference signing for all it was worth. Most famous Asian footballer ever was the top signing on his list. Cmon Brights...He's even got stewardess's there in full Air Asia togs PR BABY!PR!

Last edited by vblockranger; 03-03-2015, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Most fans like him because he was pumping in shed loads of money and promised everything from a state of the art Academy/training ground to a 40k stadium. He tells fans what they want to hear. Excellent PR guy to have on your team. He told the Caterham F1 fans how much he loved F1 and the Caterham Team for years.
                    Do you actually know why sold Caterham F1?

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
                      I am pro TF but his efforts have been embarrassing so far. Splashing money is one thing, but washing it on crap as he/we have, and in such a public manner, is inexcusable.

I think that is where i would be if it didnt at some point tip over into genuine dislike of the man.

Comment

Do you actually know why sold Caterham F1?

Because after throwing huge money at it he couldnt compete with the big boys. Ring any bells? relegation for us may well be a step too far backward for the bloke.

Comment

Exhausting being in a minority i am off for some dinner. You lot can play on your own for a while

Comment

Exhausting being in a minority i am off for some dinner. You lot can play on your own for a while
                            what you avin Cold Shoulder and plenty of Tongue
                            Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Because after throwing huge money at it he couldnt compete with the big boys. Ring any bells? relegation for us may well be a step too far backward for the bloke.
                              The big boys like BMW & Toyota have come and gone from the sport as well, explain that one?

Force India F1 is a team that's been improving each year and is in trouble this very season, the season's not even started yet. They scored their most ever points in a season too last year, how could this be? It's not as simple as you make out.

This article shows how hard the sport is, when Tony came into the sport along with others, they were promised cost cutting in the sport. Did F1 cut the cost or did they lie?

Richard Branson started the sport the same season as Caterham F1, Virgin F1 lasted only one season.

I'll have to find you a better article on the subject so you get a better understanding on a topic that you bring up.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...ussia-caterham

Comment

The big boys like BMW & Toyota have come and gone from the sport as well, explain that one?

Force India F1 is a team that's been improving each year and is in trouble this very season, the season's not even started yet. They scored their most ever points in a season too last year, how could this be? It's not as simple as you make out.

This article shows how hard the sport is, when Tony came into the sport along with others, they were promised cost cutting in the sport. Did F1 cut the cost or did they lie?

Richard Branson started the sport the same season as Caterham F1, Virgin F1 lasted only one season.

I'll have to find you a better article on the subject so you get a better understanding on a topic that you bring up.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...ussia-caterham

Or i could just google one of his interviews and get it in his own words :-)

“People can blame whoever, but the big teams are as much at fault as anyone. The gap has become way too big and it’s money. And so I thought, ‘Well, I can’t compete'. But I can compete at QPR; I can compete at Air Asia,” he said.

Comment

Working...
                                X