Are you pro or anti Tony Fernandes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
    Bit sad Kev mate that you expect others to conform to your views because they differ. I want QPR to win every game, you want the same. Thats all that should matter.
    You want us to win every game, yet you prefer us being in the championship without a long term future in the prem because you don't want us leaving our tiny stadium. Basically, either you want us to win every game and understand that expansion and growth is necessary for this, or you want us to maintain championship level mediocrity and not have to change. Or even the final option which is yo-yoing between divisions which is no good for anyone and is almost impossible. But you can't want us to win every game and complain about growth.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      You want us to win every game, yet you prefer us being in the championship without a long term future in the prem because you don't want us leaving our tiny stadium. Basically, either you want us to win every game and understand that expansion and growth is necessary for this, or you want us to maintain championship level mediocrity and not have to change. Or even the final option which is yo-yoing between divisions which is no good for anyone and is almost impossible. But you can't want us to win every game and complain about growth.
      I want us to win every game but accept that this is not possible. I dont want to move from Loftus Rd. I dont care what league we play in. I am not a big fan of the Prem. Fed up going over the same stuff :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
        Some people seem to believe everything they hear but don't take a step back and actually think for themselves or form their own opinion

You are a prime example of that so easily influenced and see things as either black or white where in fact people can debate decisions and still not be anti or pro as you put it
        I think it is strange that just because we respect what our owner has done and believe the facts that have been put in front of us, we become people who haven't formed our own opinions. Everyone here has acknowledged his mistakes with hindsight but hindsight is only useful for criticism, something you use it for far too often.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I want us to win every game. I dont want to move from Loftus Rd. I dont care what league we play in. I am not a big fan of the Prem. Fed up going over the same stuff :-)
          but do you realise how much of a contradiction everything you have said there is?

Comment

I think it is strange that just because we respect what our owner has done and believe the facts that have been put in front of us, we become people who haven't formed our own opinions. Everyone here has acknowledged his mistakes with hindsight but hindsight is only useful for criticism, something you use it for far too often.
            Not all hindsight though. He spent his first season bringing in players to increase his and Air Asia's profile and the branding of the club. He kept Hughes employed for too long when all knew he should have sacked him and did the same with Harry.

Comment

I am pro TF but his efforts have been embarrassing so far. Splashing money is one thing, but washing it on crap as he/we have, and in such a public manner, is inexcusable.

Comment

Not all hindsight though. He spent his first season bringing in players to increase his and Air Asia's profile and the branding of the club. He kept Hughes employed for too long when all knew he should have sacked him and did the same with Harry.
                first season he brought in players for profile? Are you actually serious? Do you remember Luke Young? what about Traore? How was he gonna rack in the revenue for Air Asia? Joey Barton wasn't exactly mr role model to be the branding hype for a company. SWP was still a good player who was expected to bring alot of good to the club.
                Also, need I remind you that there were owners who had agendas before tony. Remember Flavio begging for Tomassi to get game time? At least we don't have an owner now who sticks his finger up the ar5e of the manager and controls the team.

Comment

I disagree, I think he believed like everyone else that they would improve our squad. You can't tell me you knew that it would turn out like it did. I'll have the lotto numbers if that's the case.

Comment

first season he brought in players for profile? Are you actually serious? Do you remember Luke Young? what about Traore? How was he gonna rack in the revenue for Air Asia? Joey Barton wasn't exactly mr role model to be the branding hype for a company. SWP was still a good player who was expected to bring alot of good to the club.
                    Also, need I remind you that there were owners who had agendas before tony. Remember Flavio begging for Tomassi to get game time? At least we don't have an owner now who sticks his finger up the ar5e of the manager and controls the team.

Lol i think you conveniently forgot Ji Sung Park, Boswinga and Cesar. Brought in to increase his profile because they were "big" names.

Comment

Lol i think you conveniently forgot Ji Sung Park, Boswinga and Cesar. Brought in to increase his profile because they were "bif" names.
                      You're making out you knew they'd all be dud.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

That also reassured me when he took over...see how that turned out? £185 million later.......lol

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

That also reassured me when he took over...see how that turned out? £185 million later.......lol
                          he had his fingers crossed and feet off ground when he said that
                          Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                            he had his fingers crossed and feet off ground when he said that
                            yer i think he did too

Comment

I have seen a fair few chairman come and go during my time supporting Rangers and TF certainly comes across as one of the best and I hope that over time he becomes our most successful owner. Jim Gregory was often vilified by Rangers Fans in the late 70's but is now rightly remembered as the Chairman who took us to the big time, Bulstrode COULD have been the next Chairman to take us to the next level but unfortunately his time was taken from him too soon and now we have Tony who if he learns from his mistakes could go on to be the most successful owner in our history. My heart will always be with Jim Gregory as he created the nucleus but I would love to see TF succeed....just love it :-)

Comment

So simplistic a question yes his heart, money and financial contacts have been second to none but footballing wise his strategies have been baffling . Short term survival big established names have changed to long term hungry young players / management after plenty of egg on face. Also wish he would keep it quiet on quitter, apart from that love the man ...

Comment

Working...
                                X