No announcement yet.

Board Writes off 60m of QPR Debt - One for the Tony bashers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know what all the fuss is about. If we get hit with a fine, we'll pay it and move on. Next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirill View Post
      So when is this miracle supposed to happen? Right after elimination of world hunger? Seriously, how is the QPR of today supposed to achieve this? Building a new stadium means an enormous further investment that will obviously take decades to recoup because we are not a prominent global brand and cannot become that quickly. In the meantime we will be heavily bleeding money every year. You and me and Vblock are most likely of approximately the same (middle) age, do you think we will actually live long enough to see your optimistic scenario become reality?
      What's wrong with long term investment? TF's plan A was probably OOC stadium and the property around it being used to fund club growth, and some back to the owners. Plan B seems that we may not get all the construction, or even the stadium there as hoped, and will do some sort of deal with Cargiant to at least get the stadium. Plan C is that the stadium will be around Park Royal and will dent club growth.

We will not be bleeding heavily as we will be working within FFP, relegated or not.

And, welcome back Kirill.
      Last edited by Olly; 03-03-2015, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by W3QPRHA4 View Post
        Call me what you want negative, pessimist or "Tony basher"... Given Fernandes'n'co's track record and great ability to feed fans great PR I wouldn't go singing their praises yet.

Writing off £60m and possibly NOT receiving a £40m fine isn't rocket science and IF that avoids the FFP (And thats a BIG IF) then its obviously right thing to do.

Hate to say it, but I don't think it's over yet.

Yes great, they've written of debt BUT I doubt VERY much the FA will swallow this otherwise all the clubs owned by very rich owners would do that same.
        Chelsea and Abramovic have been doing exactly what Fernandes has done this time around for the last 10 fvcking years!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirill View Post
          So when is this miracle supposed to happen? Right after elimination of world hunger? Seriously, how is the QPR of today supposed to achieve this? Building a new stadium means an enormous further investment that will obviously take decades to recoup because we are not a prominent global brand and cannot become that quickly. In the meantime we will be heavily bleeding money every year. You and me and Vblock are most likely of approximately the same (middle) age, do you think we will actually live long enough to see your optimistic scenario become reality?
          The plan is to make the serious money from the regeneration contracts for the surrounding area of the new stadium. None of this money will be seen by the club, these contracts will be in the board members other company names (construction etc.), we will benefit from new facilities (stadium, academy, training etc) and the fact one would expect it would be in the interest of the board for us to be in the prem and the justification for a 40,000 stadium probably also depends on if we are a prem club. Just to be clear this is not a pro or anti TF/Board statement just some points as to why we were so attractive to buy and subsequently invest vast amounts of money

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
            . Just to be clear this is not a pro or anti TF/Board statement just some points as to why we were so attractive to buy and subsequently invest vast amounts of money
            If QPR we're put up for sale right now, what figure would you put its valuation at?

Comment

• Well done the board. Clever move.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                quite funny that apparently a Dutch national team player isn't good enough for Burnley and Sunderland just because it suits your case.
                Haha,indeed. Fer is class when played in his Natural postition.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                  If QPR we're put up for sale right now, what figure would you put its valuation at?
                  Is that with or without Premiership football next year? Is that with or without the OOC deal?? Is that with or without a possible FFP fine??? Who's swallowing the current debt????… very difficult to say! I don't think anyone would touch the club in its current state...

I think the next BIG (MASSIVE) junction for the owners is IF we remain in the premier league, I wouldn't put it pass Fernandes leaving if we're relegated.
                  Last edited by W3QPRHA4; 03-03-2015, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Is that with or without Premiership football next year? Is that with or without the OOC deal?? Is that with or without a possible FFP fine??? Who's swallowing the current debt????… very difficult to say! I don't think anyone would touch the club in its current state...

I think the next BIG (MASSIVE) junction for the owners is IF we remain in the premier league, I wouldn't put it pass Fernandes leaving if we're relegated.
                    What do you base this on?

Comment

Comment

• You could be stuck like that for a very long time V.

Comment

• Originally posted by MYU View Post
                          You could be stuck like that for a very long time V.

I am very patient and i will wait for my day

Comment

• VBlock, Would you swap places with say Portsmouth or Luton Town right now? debt free and fan owned (in Portsmouths case) but in league 2.....so a clean slate for QPR but in League 2.

Comment

• Being patient does pay off in the end, only problem you have that the next person in don't have bigger plans than Tony.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                                Surely if it was ok to write off any debt incurred by the club to the shareholders thus saving the club a lot in FFP fines, then wouldn't every club do that?
                                Yes,if they have mega rich owners who put up the loans, but most don't.

QPR would be in big trouble if one of the owners said he wants his money back and the others couldn't afford to pay, however that doesn't seem to be the case with these and they are all in it together.

Comment

Working...
                                X