X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blimey, his agent is on the ball!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      How many sons of famous ex players have done well in the prem in the last few years? Can only think of ince (whos on fire by the way but not done it in the prem yet, and i am so gutted we never bought him) and alex bruce of the top of my head. Any others?
      Oxlade Chamberlain
      Jack Cork
      Schmeichel (at a push)

Comment

Furlong

Only one game played in the Premier and already there's speculation that he may leave in the summer with the likes of Newcastle, Hull, West Brom and Crystal Palace all interested in the youngster. He is out of contract in the summer. Hope Tony sort him out a.s.a.p. if we are really going to start building around our young players. We cannot afford to keep loosing our best young talent. It hurts a lot to Sterling doing so well for Liverpool.
        Furlong this summer.

View image | gettyimages.com

According to the Daily Mail, Newcastle United are amongst a clutch of Premier League sides eyeing up a summer move for QPR starlet Darnell Furlong.

With the Magpies not going up or down this season, John Carver's men are coasting towards the end of the season until the club appoint a long-term manager this summer.

Regardless, the Newcastle recruitment staff appear to be scouting potential signings ahead of the summer transfer window - and the Daily Mail believe that Furlong is on their radar.

Furlong, 19, is the son of former Chelsea striker Paul Furlong, and is now starting to emerge as one of QPR's brightest young prospects.

The promising right back didn't make any appearances under former QPR boss Harry Redknapp, but his replacement Chris Ramsey had no qualms about throwing the teenager in from the start in last weekend's crucial relegation battle against Hull City.

Whilst the R's lost 2-1, Furlong was solid in defence, making a strong first impression on his Premier League debut - and it appears that his performance has attracted interest.

Furlong's contract at Loftus Road expires at the end of the season, meaning he would be free to join another club, with Newcastle involved in a race for his signature alongside Premier League rivals Crystal Palace, Hull City and West Brom.

Comment

One game, one defeat and we are getting this type of journalism,

The lad needs a season at least to prove himself
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Sorry I posted a new post on this subject. Did not see it before I posted.

Comment

How many sons of famous ex players have done well in the prem in the last few years? Can only think of ince (whos on fire by the way but not done it in the prem yet, and i am so gutted we never bought him) and alex bruce of the top of my head. Any others?
              Shaun Wright Phillips.......

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                Blimey, his agent is on the ball!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  Shaun Wright Phillips.......
                  Actually think he was good when he done his 1st stint at City and when at Chelski, but after that just predictable and all round $hit!!.. but once upon a time he was good imho.
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                    Actually think he was good when he done his 1st stint at City and when at Chelski, but after that just predictable and all round $hit!!.. but once upon a time he was good imho.
                    Wonder what happens to make a player go so bad from being so good. Surely its not all down to the 'qpr curse'?

Comment

Wonder what happens to make a player go so bad from being so good. Surely its not all down to the 'qpr curse'?
                      Been so many like SWP that have arrived here after doing well elswhere and be absolute pony so it's got to be something...It's like they just dont care as much about their performances once they arrive here.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                        Been so many like SWP that have arrived here after doing well elswhere and be absolute pony so it's got to be something...It's like they just dont care as much about their performances once they arrive here.
                        Could be that. Small club mentality setting into their heads. Hoillets another one, but there is and has been so many.

Comment

Could be that. Small club mentality setting into their heads. Hoillets another one, but there is and has been so many.
                          Is that surprising, when many of our fans think the same?

Comment

Probably lazy journalism, probably BS but what concerns me is his contract is up at the end of the season and it's nearly the end of Feb. Surely he should be tied down by now? Makes you wonder if HR was still in charge we may never have hot to see him.
                            C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Working...
                            X