Great save from Greeno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    Made the right decision with the dive. N'doye wasn't looking like a danger, the ball was aimed far post and green went to stop it. At the last second, N'doye jumps and gets his head to it.
    This all day long, why do people try to dig at Greeno when if it wasn't for him we would be adrift by now. My POTY so far

Comment

Del, Watch the footage again and you will see it is going into greens hands up until n'doye makes the jump. .
      Super point which actually proves there is culpability on Greens part. Why dive to where you hope the ball will go assuming nothing diverts its direction (striker) instead of attacking the ball and as I suggested above go for the punch and take the striker out doing so. He hedged his bets and lost to some extent

Had the striker seen a six foot two keeper flying at him and knowing he was going to get slammed making the header there is every chance had he beaten Green to the ball it might have gone over the bar or wide however choosing to dive/flap behind him made the strikers job very easy

Anyway all about opinions and differing views think there is a case for the defence from both perspectives

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
        Err...? You would also be included in that demographic, unless you don't watch football? Maybe you just listen to it on the radio?
        No coach it mate, UEFA A Licence but also a fan, previously enjoyed it on here but so many so called experts quoting stats from some website I simply had enough and need a break from the budding Gary Nevilles.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
          No coach it mate, UEFA A Licence but also a fan, previously enjoyed it on here but so many so called experts quoting stats from some website I simply had enough and need a break from the budding Gary Nevilles.
          For someone whos had enough you do like to keep coming back...... you're like the human boomerang

Last edited by Nick; 26-02-2015, 12:13 PM.
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
            How can you say the ball was aimed at the far post and NDoye wasnt a danger. For him to get a head on it closer to the near post clearly proves he was a danger ffs. It's not as if he jumped inexplicably high to meet it......

The fact Green has at times been exceptional shouldn't cause the blinkers to come on and ignore the obvious. I agree with the OP 100% and mentioned the same thing in another thread that he made a big error doing what he did as he was nowhere near where the ball and left an open goal gaping meaning Ndoye just had to get anything on it to redirect the ball. Given he was stretching to meet it he could only redirect it, not get any additional power on the header so if Green stayed put he would probably have had an easy save.

Dont get me wrong, i'm not blaming him for losing, it was one of those things and everyone's entitled to make a mistake now and again, and he moreso after some heroics so far this season, but im not going to say he did the right thing because that is quite frankly laughable.
            Cheers Del, at no point did I blame him for the goal, they've all missed the point here. If N'Doye wasn't there Green wouldn't have got the ball as he's not even looking at it.

Comment

Del, Watch the footage again and you will see it is going into greens hands up until n'doye makes the jump. That is it. He would have gotten to it before it got to the player behind.
              Is that really your defence of his action.......? It was going into his hands until the striker headed the ball. Jeez.

How many times do you see distant free kicks go directly in the net because the keeper can't react to the flight of the ball and its potential outcome because a striker may get a touch to deflect it, sometimes they miss it and it goes straight in as too late for the keeper to react....? Green did the opposite and you think it was right?

So in a situation like above, distant free kick aimed to the far post you'd be happy if he just dived towards the far post and not blame him if someone gets a touch into a vacant net before it gets to him, because if they hadn't touched it, it would have gone into his hands......

Listen to what you're actually saying.

Comment

With a cross like that, a goalkeeper has just enough time to take three, maximum four steps in any direction. Green should have taken them straight towards the ball. Even then he would not have been first to the ball. Obviously Green miscalculated the height of the cross and tried to break it. The last thing a goalkeeper does is to stay on line when a cross comes so close to the goal. Whatever he did I can't see he had a real possibility to make a save.

Comment

Is that really your defence of his action.......? It was going into his hands until the striker headed the ball. Jeez.

How many times do you see distant free kicks go directly in the net because the keeper can't react to the flight of the ball and its potential outcome because a striker may get a touch to deflect it, sometimes they miss it and it goes straight in as too late for the keeper to react....? Green did the opposite and you think it was right?

So in a situation like above, distant free kick aimed to the far post you'd be happy if he just dived towards the far post and not blame him if someone gets a touch into a vacant net before it gets to him, because if they hadn't touched it, it would have gone into his hands......

Listen to what you're actually saying.
                  Well, he expects the defenders to be able to cover and he doesn't have any time to get in front of his man. Rule number one should be not to stay on your line for the sort of cross because you will limit the chance of getting to the ball at all. Green cannot get in front of the striker in time and expects his defenders to cover it at the front post, where they were. Green made a move to cover the back post where the danger was clearer and unfortunately, Rio didn't Jump, caulker couldn't jump and the ball ended up in the net. He needs to position himself in the way of the most prominent danger which he saw as the back post and that is also what I and most other people saw.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

O
                    Well, he expects the defenders to be able to cover and he doesn't have any time to get in front of his man. Rule number one should be not to stay on your line for the sort of cross because you will limit the chance of getting to the ball at all. Green cannot get in front of the striker in time and expects his defenders to cover it at the front post, where they were. Green made a move to cover the back post where the danger was clearer and unfortunately, Rio didn't Jump, caulker couldn't jump and the ball ended up in the net. He needs to position himself in the way of the most prominent danger which he saw as the back post and that is also what I and most other people saw.
                    We are taught as kids to attack the ball it was great ball in but he dived behind the man he should have attacked ball with intention of punching it taking man and ball.

Comment

Seriously clutching at straws.

Comment

Seriously clutching at straws.
                        I know mate but its ok, take your time and I'm sure you will find something valid to complain about. Lets blame him for global warming next, that always brings about controversy.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Would love to see a club video of greens wonder stops this season. Dont think ive ever seen a rangers goalie save as many worldys in a season has he has this season. And yep, seen parksey and seamen in every season they were here.

Comment

Green is my player of the season by a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Would love to see a club video of greens wonder stops this season. Dont think ive ever seen a rangers goalie save as many worldys in a season has he has this season. And yep, seen parksey and seamen in every season they were here.
                              According to one poster that has contributed to this thread Green is a very average keeper that only ever makes easy saves look hard and never makes saves that he shouldn't make. Well that one at Hull was not the first worldie he has made this season and there have been so many from the top draw I too would love to see the Club produce something Kev
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                                According to one poster that has contributed to this thread Green is a very average keeper that only ever makes easy saves look hard and never makes saves that he shouldn't make. Well that one at Hull was not the first worldie he has made this season and there have been so many from the top draw I too would love to see the Club produce something Kev
                                they did one for the first half of the season I remember, this is it:

Comment

Working...
                                X