X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TF: "very optimistic that Charlie will be with us for a very long time"

According to Tony Interview in The Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-quit-QPR.html

No more spending it seems either.............best training ground in lge 2 it is then!

At no point in that article did it say he was likely to leave.

“Charlie is great guy. We are in discussions (on a new deal). But we are a new QPR and we are going to do what’s right for the club. I’m very optimistic that Charlie will be with us for a very long time. If you ask him I think he enjoys being at QPR tremendously but it’s a short career, players have to look after themselves and we have to respect that. It’s a big decision for him.”
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Exclusive: Rangers chairman tells Jason Burt the truth behind Redknapp's departure, why Charlie Austin is likely to leave this summer - and how Chris Ramsey could stay even if the club are relegated

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        Exclusive: Rangers chairman tells Jason Burt the truth behind Redknapp's departure, why Charlie Austin is likely to leave this summer - and how Chris Ramsey could stay even if the club are relegated
        Lol ok apart from that bit! TF never said Charlie is likely to leave.
        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Yeah tbf Dave that was the jurno's words. Id rather believe/listen to the guy who owns the club. And he says he is 'optimistic' that Austin will be here for a long time....... maybe Im just believing what I want to believe but thats how I read it mate.
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Yep very misleading thread title . It's just a journos wording

Comment

best english forward in the top flight....see ya charlie.
              PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                best english forward in the top flight....see ya charlie.
                Probably in a minority of one on here, but the keyword in that sentence is English..... And I think Kane a much better prospect. Fair play to Charlie for getting goals though. We'd be down already without those goals.

Comment

Kane is a beast . IMHO will be an England regular for years . Love Chaz and hope he gets his call up but kanes the better player

Comment

Chaz has more goals...for a 10x worse side.

Comment

I've amended the thread title to what TF is actually quoted as saying, and not what some hack decides will make a good headline but is, as usual, a misleading one.

Comment

As I've said before Charlie doesn't have much else to his game than goals, the top clubs would take Kane, Ings over Austin anyday. When he goes I could see a Stoke or Everton taking him.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                          As I've said before Charlie doesn't have much else to his game than goals
                          But ultimately what is more important than scoring goals? End of the day, that is what all strikers are judged on.

Today's goal, for example, was superbly taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            But ultimately what is more important than scoring goals? End of the day, that is what all strikers are judged on.

Today's goal, for example, was superbly taken.
                            Correct for teams in the bottom 12 of the PL, above that you need to be able to do more which is why I don't think he will play for England. He will move on to a better team sometime in the next 18 months though.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                              Correct for teams in the bottom 12 of the PL, above that you need to be able to do more which is why I don't think he will play for England. He will move on to a better team sometime in the next 18 months though.
                              But you could turn that argument on its head. He's scored 14 goals in a side struggling at the bottom of the table, some of which have been superbly taken against top-class opposition. That in itself is an excellent achievement in a team that under HR didnt even play to his strengths.

Therefore it could be easily be argued he would have scored even more in a better team, receiving better service.

End of the day, he's scored goals at every level he's played. He's always risen to every challenge put before him and succeeded at it. As I say, strikers will ultimately always be judged on their goalscoring, and in the dept he has that pure and natural strikers instinct that's impossible to coach into a player.

Comment

Working...
                              X