No announcement yet.

Worst place you have visited following QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luton for me. Absolute dump of a place, walking between houses to get into the ground, could near enough lead over the stairs into the stand & steal washing off the line (not that I tried....) & the gary glitters there were awful.

I always find West Ham a dump of an area too.

IIRC, Colchester's old ground was a right hole n all - corrugated iron heaven.

Final one worth a comment is Oldham - old man drove us up there years back when I was oly 11 or so & recall parking in a working man's club & walking to the ground thinking we had arrived in Beirut.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

The old stamford bridge was a proper hole and the manor ground.
      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Southend was bad when we lost 5-0 or 5-1 on a Friday night.

Luton is bad but having lived there for a while, was used to it.
        @chrisrobson9

Comment

Luton for me too..

Dive of a place, nightmare to park and animal fans

Comment

Yeovil, there ain't anything there, ur lucky u have a bog in the ground

Comment

Hartlepool was an odd place, some right Jeremy Kyle's up there

Comment

Originally posted by QPRWEBBIE View Post
                Yeovil, there ain't anything there, ur lucky u have a bog in the ground
                That was a proper $hit away day that. Only boozer nearby was a poxy Beefeater restaurant. We done the stay over & went out there... the place had 1 single club and 2 bars (1 of which was a Weatherspons)
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I love the way we are calling all of these places #### holes etc. Shepherds Bush is as rough as it comes!!

Don't even get me started on the White City...

Comment

Originally posted by JJB View Post
                    I love the way we are calling all of these places #### holes etc. Shepherds Bush is as rough as it comes!!

Yer but its our #### hole

Comment

Originally posted by QPRWEBBIE View Post
                      Hartlepool was an odd place, some right Jeremy Kyle's up there
                      Oh yes, also, Luton, Rotherham, the Scum in the late mid 70's early 80's.
                      Kept the faith!

Comment

Burnden Park

The year before they moved to the Reebok, they had sold the ground to a supermarket and they had built the shop so you couldn't see one corner of the pitch.
                        Proper grim on the walk from where we parked, smashed derelict shops, graffiti, winos.

Mind you Steve Morrow scored a cracker on his debut.

Comment

Originally posted by JJB View Post

As rough as it comes? Don't tell the mates of the Royals who've nicknamed it Shayboo or something equally ridiculous. With house prices off Uxbridge Road topping well over a million quid and the all-new shiny consumer paradise that is Westfields, you can hardly call it a 5hithole. Sure, it has it's down-at-the-heels side, the White City Estate, but that's part of what makes it special. The market, the Green, some great pubs, Ravenscourt Park down the road, the River Thames meandering grandly in the distance. No, not a 5hithole.

Comment

Kenilworth Road
                            Manor Ground
                            Elm Park

Horrible grounds.

Places

Bradford
                            Luton
                            Barnsley
                            Moss Side
                            Stanley Park at night.
                            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Cambridge United away before the new away stand
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                                That was a proper $hit away day that. Only boozer nearby was a poxy Beefeater restaurant. We done the stay over & went out there... the place had 1 single club and 2 bars (1 of which was a Weatherspons)
                                That made me laugh. What an experience. I know Yeovil well, as I'm often in Dorset, but not for the nightlife (or lack of it...)

Comment

Working...
                                X