Worst place you have visited following QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst place you have visited following QPR

Must say Port Vale the season we went there in a six pointer was a proper slum

Burnt out cars on the street, derelict buildings which had been abandoned for years really was a proper s hithole it was like a mix between Beirut and Belfast during the troubles

Remember we got there early and went for a wander to see what was about but no matter what direction we went there was nothing of note

Horrible place glad I have only done it the once

Got to be Grimsby its so bad they play in Cleethorpes

Comment

Good shout Blockster Grimsby is poor. Went few years back in the Cup not pleasant and very unwelcoming from the locals

Im going throw Middlesbrough into the equation too another dive of the north. Stadium literally plonked in the docks very bleak and dour place

Comment

Selhurst Park. $hit stand and view for away fans.
        Last edited by Yousef; 19-02-2015, 10:07 AM.
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Hated coventry for new grounds . Middle of nowheresville . Loads though Luton , Grimsby , Rotherham . All ####

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
            Hated coventry for new grounds . Middle of nowheresville . Loads though Luton , Grimsby , Rotherham . All ####
            The new Rotherham stadium looks good I guess.
            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Yes Greg Rotherham really did feel like I was an extra in the Hovis advert but in fairness we were not there long enough to sample the local hospitality was simply there an back. I know a few mates that done the weekend and said it was super night out

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                Selhurst Park. $hit stand and view for away fans.
                Sef I used to hate travelling to Palace with a passion but now you can get there direct from the Bush it makes a karzie of a ground and club slightly more bearable

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Yes Greg Rotherham really did feel like I was an extra in the Hovis advert but in fairness we were not there long enough to sample the local hospitality was simply there an back. I know a few mates that done the weekend and said it was super night out
                  Didn't hang about long but felt like I'd gone back in time about 60 years

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                    The new Rotherham stadium looks good I guess.
                    Stadiums ok . Area is a hole

Comment

Yes Port Vale and Grimsby spring to mind and Chesterfield was not exactly Mayfai but the worse place/area was I have seen QPR play was at Atalantas ground near Milan for that tourament we won about three years ago which was s rough as it gets

Funny thing was though was the area we stayed in called Bergamo was a beautiful small town with lovely outside bars and restaurants and just two miles or so away it turned in to a ghetto

Comment

Plough Lane Wimbledon.My tickets were for Row E which I thought would be near the front but were in fact at the back,the seats being planks of wood balancing on rickety brick piers and some of the fans were unfortunately taking the p*ss out of one of the linesmen who had a withered arm.

Comment

Bury the first away game when we were relegated to the third tier. Not an attractive place.

Comment

Fratton park is a bit of a dive in regards to access to facilities for away fans, that walkway/runway/gauntlet at the back of the stand was a joke. One of the most "pleasant" away trips i've had is tranmere. The surrounding area was eyeopening

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
                              Plough Lane Wimbledon.My tickets were for Row E which I thought would be near the front but were in fact at the back,the seats being planks of wood balancing on rickety brick piers and some of the fans were unfortunately taking the p*ss out of one of the linesmen who had a withered arm.
                              Think I was at that game. Caesar playing for us and was frit of fashanau the whole game.think we got beat one nil.

Late 80's early 90's we had to go selhurst park all the time.used to hate the journey either on the rattler or driving,was quicker to go Birmingham.

Good calls with Grimsby and port vale.sunderlands old ground was in a dive. City of Liverpool has been tarted up of late but that never used to be the prettiest.
                              "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                              London Pride is a flower that's free.
                              London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                              And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Working...
                              X