Grego-Cox and Doughty in Squad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MYU View Post
    Why not wait and find someone better, what's the rush to sign him when he's only had 6 months experience?

Ramsay did well against a top Saints side, he's already here and gives us more time to search for the right person.

End of the season there might be some better options available so why rush? Its not like Sherwood can bring anything that Ramsay hasnt got

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post

End of the season there might be some better options available so why rush? Its not like Sherwood can bring anything that Ramsay hasnt got
      How do you know that?! You have no idea about either of their coaching capabilities and talents... Sherwood did a stellar job at Spurs throughout his time there. It is a total no-brainer for what we are looking for in a head coach. Why would you not want the man who brought Harry Kane through to being one of the best strikers in the country, as the head coach of your club.

If Sherwood gets given it then I will be happy and I will back our young manager... You need to form your own opinions of the guy from genuine fact and substance not from newspaper articles.

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
        No necessarily mate. Look at Carver in Newcastle.
        Carver only won one in 6 fella

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
          How do you know that?! You have no idea about either of their coaching capabilities and talents... Sherwood did a stellar job at Spurs throughout his time there. It is a total no-brainer for what we are looking for in a head coach. Why would you not want the man who brought Harry Kane through to being one of the best strikers in the country, as the head coach of your club.

If Sherwood gets given it then I will be happy and I will back our young manager... You need to form your own opinions of the guy from genuine fact and substance not from newspaper articles.

"Harry Kane would not be the player he is today were it not for the influence of Tim Sherwood, claims Tim Sherwood."

Lol he didnt invent Harry Kane mate. Harry Kane was already admired by lots of Spurs fans, coaches etc. What he did do is pick him for the starting 11 and gave him a run in the team. He picked youth because the older more experienced players were under performing. Have we got anyone in our youth system that could have the same impact as Harry Kane? i dont know we may have or we may not but its nice to see that Cox and Doughty may travel to Sunderland and get on the bench. Well done Chris Ramsay if he gives them a chance and remember he also claims to have an input in getting Kane games at Spurs as Sherwoods number 2. What will Sherwood bring in exchange for a contract ? will he accept a short term one till the end of the season? Will he keep us up? Who knows but we are all allowed opinions. What exactly will we benefit over Ramsay if Sherwood gets the job and will it be worth a contract and more money? Up to TF
          Last edited by vblockranger; 10-02-2015, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Maybe maybe not. Why wasn't Ramsey made caretaker at Spurs then?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnside View Post
              Maybe maybe not. Why wasn't Ramsey made caretaker at Spurs then?
              No idea mate but what does Sherwood offer that would be worth a contract and a few million quid? He has 5 months more experience than Ramsay i suppose but he also has an arrogance and a way about him that may be detrimental to the balance of the dressing room.

Comment

"Harry Kane would not be the player he is today were it not for the influence of Tim Sherwood, claims Tim Sherwood."

Lol he didnt invent Harry Kane mate. Harry Kane was already admired by lots of Spurs fans, coaches etc. What he did do is pick him for the starting 11 and gave him a run in the team. He picked youth because the older more experienced players were under performing. Have we got anyone in our youth system that could have the same impact as Harry Kane? i dont know we may have or we may not but its nice to see that Cox and Doughty may travel to Sunderland and get on the bench. Well done Chris Ramsay if he gives them a chance and remember he also claims to have an input in getting Kane games at Spurs as Sherwoods number 2. What will Sherwood bring in exchange for a contract ? will he accept a short term one till the end of the season? Will he keep us up? Who knows but we are all allowed opinions. What exactly will we benefit over Ramsay if Sherwood gets the job and will it be worth a contract and more money? Up to TF
                Ahh you've found another newspaper article for some substance in your argument.. To which you have no idea, if it is true or not. Remember Ramsay said in his presser yesterday he feels like Sherwood did not and has not got the credit he deserves for Kane.

Like most people that carry the same views as you on here V.. You seem to cover your ears to the other side of the argument.
                The problem is with fans like yourself is its all very negative and you rarely ever spread concern on factual evidence.. Its all assumption, personal vendettas and newspaper articles.

In terms of this subject of conversation though... Please go back and look at what Sherwood and Ramsay did and re-evaluate your view. You say they injected Kane into the 1st team because other more experienced players were under-performing? Whilst that may be true at that time, there are a number of other factors why they included not just Kane into the first team but Bentaleb and Mason - Who by the way are still in that first team with the team no longer 'under-performing'.
                Last edited by West London is Rss; 10-02-2015, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Keeping Ramsay will save the club money and may not request a fee for keeping us up, we'd have to pay Timmy to come here and he'd expect a fee for keeping us up.

Comment

You seem to cover your ears to other side of the argument.
                    lol dont we all mate

As far as the youngsters that was given a chance and now gone on to be prospects and regular premiership players at Spurs. You have to have the youngsters in the first place obviously. Which of our young lads that some have been out on loan already could be a Kane, Bentaleb or Mason? Havent seen many of them live tbf but maybe you have and can spot a future star in the making? fair play mate if you have.

Comment

lol dont we all mate

As far as the youngsters that was given a chance and now gone on to be prospects and regular premiership players at Spurs. You have to have the youngsters in the first place obviously. Which of our young lads that some have been out on loan already could be a Kane, Bentaleb or Mason? Havent seen many of them live tbf but maybe you have and can spot a future star in the making? fair play mate if you have.
                      I physically cannot debate any longer with you. It goes in one ear and out the other.

Comment

I physically cannot debate any longer with you. It goes in one ear and out the other.
                        Tbh mate i thought that was the case but dont worry you aint the only one

Comment

would love to see 1 of these youngsters tonight
                          Rangers Til I Die
                          follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
                            -----------------------------------------------------------------
                            https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

Same goes for you!! No one really knows what Sherwoods ability as a manager is, seeing as he only has 6 months experience as a manager. Some will say he did a good job at spurs, others will say that it wasnt the hardest job looking at the strength of spurs squad/post bale investment etc. My problem with sherwood is IMO he is still unproven and has no right to walk into a job at a prem club, he needs to do his "apprenticeship" in the lower leagues and prove himself worthy of a multi year, well paid contract at the top level.

Why should we be the club to take the risk on an unproven, still relatively young manager when there are enough out in the lower leagues who have served their "apprenticeships", proving themselves to be astute with budgets and developing younger players?

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                                Same goes for you!! No one really knows what Sherwoods ability as a manager is, seeing as he only has 6 months experience as a manager. Some will say he did a good job at spurs, others will say that it wasnt the hardest job looking at the strength of spurs squad/post bale investment etc. My problem with sherwood is IMO he is still unproven and has no right to walk into a job at a prem club, he needs to do his "apprenticeship" in the lower leagues and prove himself worthy of a multi year, well paid contract at the top level.

Why should we be the club to take the risk on an unproven, still relatively young manager when there are enough out in the lower leagues who have served their "apprenticeships", proving themselves to be astute with budgets and developing younger players?

Spot on...Sherwood is a gamble and lets face it TF loses nearly every gamble he makes with regards to us. Lets take some time and maybe a manager becomes available that is a little less risky, a little more proven .

Comment

Working...
                                X