Has Tony thrown in the towel ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Tony thrown in the towel ?

All the other teams at the bottom have been active whilst we have done virtually nothing.I understand that he's had his fingers burnt in the past, but if we stick with what we have at the moment, we are going down. Unless there are 2 or 3 surprises in the next couple of days, i think that will show that TF has given up. I guess we will know at 11pm on Monday.

Money has dried up a bit hasnt it but then that maybe a good thing as thats less that can be wasted by Harry in panic buying mode.

Comment

I don't think Tone thinks we need much more improvement to be honest... He said in his interview that these are Harry's players and they need to start doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
        All the other teams at the bottom have been active whilst we have done virtually nothing.I understand that he's had his fingers burnt in the past, but if we stick with what we have at the moment, we are going down. Unless there are 2 or 3 surprises in the next couple of days, i think that will show that TF has given up. I guess we will know at 11pm on Monday.
        If there are no new faces that will say all I need to know in my opinion about the ambition and long term strategy of the club

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
          What teams have been active?

Villa 2
          Burnley 1 but he was already on loan.
          Palace 3
          Hull 0
          Leicester 2 (1 a Keeper that won't play)
          Sunderland 2
          WBA 1

Hardly being left behind are we? We'll have at least another 3 new players in on deadline day in my opinion, taking our total to 4 incomings which is more than respectable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
            What teams have been active?

Villa 2
            Burnley 1 but he was already on loan.
            Palace 3
            Hull 0
            Leicester 2 (1 a Keeper that won't play)
            Sunderland 2
            WBA 1

Hardly being left behind are we? We'll have at least another 3 new players in on deadline day in my opinion, taking our total to 4 incomings which is more than respectable.
            When all said and done it depends on the calibre of player,i guess sooner or later we must strike gold but I would not hold your breath if HR is doing the deals.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              If there are no new faces that will say all I need to know in my opinion about the ambition and long term strategy of the club
              Probably end up with some more new faeces, Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

Comment

Oh great. Another thread where we can lay into the club. Just what we need.

Comment

Oh silly me we don't do long term strategy

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                      lol shouldnt laugh but i did

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                        Oh great. Another thread where we can lay into the club. Just what we need.
                        The club is fine just being run like a circus

Comment

Oh silly me we don't do long term strategy
                          I don't know why people are getting so upset. Our strategy was to spend in the summer and maybe supplement this with a few players now. Seems perfectly reasonable for a chairman to expect his manager to work with what he's got after spending a fair bit of cash over the last couple of years.

All this blind spending that a few fans seem to demand is not the right way forward, being sensible about it is....

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                            I don't know why people are getting so upset. Our strategy was to spend in the summer and maybe supplement this with a few players now. Seems perfectly reasonable for a chairman to expect his manager to work with what he's got after spending a fair bit of cash over the last couple of years.

All this blind spending that a few fans seem to demand is not the right way forward, being sensible about it is....
                            One minute people complain we spend way too much, then when we stop people complain we arent spending
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post

The important word in your post is blind

Comment

Working...
                              X