Signings over the last few years who are worth more than when we signed them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    I mean, he certainly held his own against the top scorer in this league, and plenty of other matches, so I don't think he is worth less than the free we signed him on.
    Worth less than free? no your pretty safe there tbh :-)

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
      Worth less than free? no your pretty safe there tbh :-)
      But that is the point haha, I'm sure he is valued by someone outside this club at more than £0, which suggests he is worth more than we signed him
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Can hardly include likes of Dunne. No disrespect to the guy but he is a golden oldie we signed for nothing and would get nothing for.

We paid top whack for likes of Sandro, Caulker, Mutch and Fer. Not impossible but doubt we would get more than we paid for them. Caulker and Fer I'm reasonably happy with, Mutch not had proper chance yet and Sandro generally limps a lot but decent when he isn't!

We really do struggle to develop players which I think was partly point of thread. Austin has no doubt gone up in value. That is only biggie. Yun hopefully. Taarabt wouldn't surprise me if he ends up leaving for virtually nothing. Pretty appalling record if you think about it.

Comment

That is literally the whole point of this thread, the theoretical side of it. How would we know how much we would get for the others, Sandro, Mutch and Caulker are still improving and I have to disagree with you about fer, we will easily make more money on him, with the performances he is putting in. Although why would we sell him?
          How exactly is Sandro improving?
          Not many players get better after an ACL injury, and Sandro has hardly played since April 2012.

Comment

Could someone bother to list all signed and sold players during Fernandes era?

Comment

I mean, he certainly held his own against the top scorer in this league, and plenty of other matches, so I don't think he is worth less than the free we signed him on.
              I take it you mean Aguero who turned Dunne inside out twice before scoring 2 equalisers (Not that he is the only one this has been done to).

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                How exactly is Sandro improving?
                Not many players get better after an ACL injury, and Sandro has hardly played since April 2012.
                Played enough and at a good level to suggest he is a good player. Just needs to be monitored properly.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                  I take it you mean Aguero who turned Dunne inside out twice before scoring 2 equalisers (Not that he is the only one this has been done to).
                  I take it that you forgot that Aguero has scored less than Diego Costa...

Comment

Played enough and at a good level to suggest he is a good player. Just needs to be monitored properly.
                    Not really sure where you are coming from. Do you acknowledge that he hasnt been the same since his ACL and that he is injury prone? or are you saying he has just been unlucky with injuries and once back from current one he will be able to put a run of games together? How many games has he managed to start and complete for us?

Comment

Charlie, Taarabt, Yun. Remy would've counted.

/

Sandro is a very good player, was arguably the league's best DM before the injuries. Just hope he isn't finished...

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                        Not really sure where you are coming from. Do you acknowledge that he hasnt been the same since his ACL and that he is injury prone? or are you saying he has just been unlucky with injuries and once back from current one he will be able to put a run of games together? How many games has he managed to start and complete for us?
                        He has started 8 games for us, completing 2 games and playing at least an hour in 6 of them. I think he is the same player, he puts in the same quality of performances that he did before his acl and he just needs to be managed correctly to allow him to play enough games to have a positive influence on the squad. The beauty of the squad is that we have options in the form of Henry or Barton playing defensively who can put in a solid enough shift for the 30 minutes or 20 minutes or 10 minutes that he can't play. He will be a very big player for us when we play away from home as he gives us a defensive base where we can begin to move the ball forward when we are on the back foot. I know his injury has made it difficult to suggest that he is a good player because people will just say that he isn't good enough because he doesn't play, but he is going to be important in physical matches against teams like Stoke, Sunderland, Villa, hull and west brom as some basic examples. He will of course be a huge benefit to the team in other matches but those will be perfect games for him to stamp his authority for us.

Back to your point though V, I think he has been the same player in smaller volumes. I think he has been unlucky as well.

Comment

He has started 8 games for us, completing 2 games and playing at least an hour in 6 of them. I think he is the same player, he puts in the same quality of performances that he did before his acl and he just needs to be managed correctly to allow him to play enough games to have a positive influence on the squad. The beauty of the squad is that we have options in the form of Henry or Barton playing defensively who can put in a solid enough shift for the 30 minutes or 20 minutes or 10 minutes that he can't play. He will be a very big player for us when we play away from home as he gives us a defensive base where we can begin to move the ball forward when we are on the back foot. I know his injury has made it difficult to suggest that he is a good player because people will just say that he isn't good enough because he doesn't play, but he is going to be important in physical matches against teams like Stoke, Sunderland, Villa, hull and west brom as some basic examples. He will of course be a huge benefit to the team in other matches but those will be perfect games for him to stamp his authority for us.

Back to your point though V, I think he has been the same player in smaller volumes. I think he has been unlucky as well.
                          I think he has looked good for us when he has played but i just worry that we wont get much time out of him because of his injury.

Comment

Working...
                          X