No announcement yet.

My Worry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vargas is a good player yes. But hes played out of position.

Why haven't we seen phillips given ago on the right and Austin and Vargas upfront? Fer is a quality player to but not a winger and harry chooses to play him out of position each week and not move him to a central role. As for Henry and barton they put a shift in most weeks but to me they lack the quality we need.

As a manager big decisions need to be made and harry doesn't make them. Drop barton and put fer in the middle?! what we got to lose. Fer suppose to be comfortable in the middle and barton loves to give the ball away? Is it ever going to happen? I doubt it!!

Sandro at 8 mill with his injuries for a club like QPR imo was to much of a punt when we didn't have another striker. Yes I understand your saying in terms of football prices nowadays its not a lot of money but to me and a club like QPR that money should of been more wisely spent.

A striker should of been a priority not a player with a injury record like sandro. We need our big signings in the team week in week out.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
      agree with the sentiment Maidstone, think there are a fair few in front of those two I'd give the old heave-ho. His name is Rio, Traore, SWP, Toilett . . .
      Big problem with that is swp wd actually cost money to off-load - IF there is any truth to the rumours that we might sell Mutch and Hoilett I asume it wd be to fund a good striker or winger who wd go into the first team.

In an ideal world of course we wd plan for the future but yet again we have underperformed in the prem and that migh - yet again - force us into quick fixes. Nobody would sensibly start from here but here is where we are.

Comment

Just for the record I am not sitting here all knowing that this is going to happen and Kev might be right. I probably am getting worried over nothing but for whatever reason the two names getting banded around that could be offski are phillips and mutch and im if ther is any truth behind it I personally think its a joke.

I hope I am proved wrong.

Comment

[QUOTE=disney hoop;1375808]Selling is a two way thing perhaps apart from Austin and Caulker he thinks they are the only players teams are likely to come in for at the available price and wages[/QUOTE

If better players were available why wouldn't you sell these anyway?

Holding onto players that would work well in lower leagues is a great strategy if there is nothing to lose by going down.

As the situation is that we have a LOT to lose by being relegated, I think we need to just throw everything at survival and worry about the championship if and when it comes to that.

I don't for 1 minute mean we sign mercenaries btw

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
            Kev mate I like you and always thought your a decent poster but you far to up Harry crack mate - No they haven't gone but Harry clearly doesn't fancy them and we have 9 mill worth of talent not being given a chance week in week out.
            The paper do spout a lot of rubbish ill give you that but some of them have very good sauces to. So its a perfectly reasonable discussion and I think they the worry is justified.

This pro Harry and nothing is wrong at QPR is a load of rubbish now. I agree we are still in with a shout and that's fantastic but there are some fundamental wrings happening at QPR and as I have said before a lot of it is Harry.

10 away defeats is wrong. Tactics are questionable and some of the transfers are hugely questionable. Ie harry and rio and harry and sandro. We all know sandro on his day is a good palyer but harry chose to pay 10 mill on a player who everyone knows is injury prone rather than bringing in another striker. How can you justify that?

How can we justify hoilett starting so many games and fer continuously played out of position and phillips not given a chance. Its a bit of a joke tbf. My gripe is yes we are still in with a shout but I believe we could be mid table if we had a manager with a bit more tactical nous and passion.

Do they do a nice BBQ?

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
              Vargas is a good player yes. But hes played out of position.

Why haven't we seen phillips given ago on the right and Austin and Vargas upfront? Fer is a quality player to but not a winger and harry chooses to play him out of position each week and not move him to a central role. As for Henry and barton they put a shift in most weeks but to me they lack the quality we need.

As a manager big decisions need to be made and harry doesn't make them. Drop barton and put fer in the middle?! what we got to lose. Fer suppose to be comfortable in the middle and barton loves to give the ball away? Is it ever going to happen? I doubt it!!

Sandro at 8 mill with his injuries for a club like QPR imo was to much of a punt when we didn't have another striker. Yes I understand your saying in terms of football prices nowadays its not a lot of money but to me and a club like QPR that money should of been more wisely spent.

A striker should of been a priority not a player with a injury record like sandro. We need our big signings in the team week in week out.
              Once again, I feel like I have to reiterate that both Vargas and Harry have confirmed that his best position is winger.

It isn't fer's fault that he is out of position. The reason he is out of position is because of the lack of quality with regards to replacements (ie, Hoilett, Phillips, SWP). To Fer's credit, he has done extremely well out wide. Only occasionally does he seem out of position.

Barton has a very positive influence in the dressing room, he is a good defensive player and he is a passionate captain who aims to lead by example with that passion on the pitch. He certainly has limitations such as key forward passes but maybe just altering his role to a deeper role where his passes are aimed more at an offensive creative player such as fer or Zarate instead of aiming for charlie or Bobby would allow him to stay happy and keep the positivity as captain, while giving us better attacking play.

Sandro was signed as a player who is more than capable of performing. I am almost certain that the club has a clause in his contract with regards to additional wage payments such as appearances. I recall someone here posting the exact value his contract represents, including his appearance fees et al. The value of the player, especially with his cv. His value at signing for the club was 9.7 million according to key analysts and so we signed him well below this valuation.

I agree that a striker is the priority, but in the summer, our defensive midfielders were limited to Faurlin and Henry. We did need someone there.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Ive got the bang hump with harry mate and wanted him gone after burnleys god awful load of rubbish. But he is staying so we have to try and pray for the best. Worrying about things that aint happened is just pointless imo, cos there is enough people on here down on everything to do with the club like they were last season. I just dont think its good to encourage them any further by stating shi te press speculation as worries.
                Its rangers i care about, not redknapp. Cant bring myself to non stop constantly moan about the club i love, like so many on here do, i would hate to hear what they say about their missus's.
                What does "bang hump" mean Kev? I'm afraid I'm not up with these new phrases like "props" or "my bad". In my day banging and humping meant something different
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post

Rumours made on here and in a paper as described by Kev as the same papers who said harold redcrapp would one million per cent be sacked of we lost to man ure
                  Yes I believe HR does want Phillips out but on LOAN and I applaud him for that we all seem to believe there is a player in Phillips and in our predicament we haven't got time for that player to come out , as for Mutch no one outside the club knows what's happening , presuppose H wants to sell Mutch to fund a move for Rhodes or his strike partner would there moaning about HR then , truth is we just don't know but some will always want to believe the worse

Comment

TF needs to stop all transfer business, tell bagpuss to get on with it. If the squad is short in areas thats HR's fault. Youve made your saggy bollak bed now lie in it.
                    As for forwards we have Austin,Vargas, Zarate,Taarabt start using them.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnside View Post
                      TF needs to stop all transfer business, tell bagpuss to get on with it. If the squad is short in areas thats HR's fault. Youve made your saggy bollak bed now lie in it.
                      As for forwards we have Austin,Vargas, Zarate,Taarabt start using them.

This

Comment

I would not mind Crouch though. He would be perfect next to Austin.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Working...
                        X