Lack of pace - Phillips/ Hoilett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    look at burnley giving it a good shout with championship players and palace. Harry just hasn't invested in phillips and again hes played out of position or when harry wants to experiment. Do your stats show that?
    Lets just ask has Phillips shown what he can do in any of the positions he's played no ?even if he is played out of position he should still have a go and try to make it work instead of freezing when given the ball or just giving the impression I' not good enough to be on the field with whoever we are playing , a very disappointing lad who I really thought would he become a better play than Austin awhile back how wrong can I be

Comment

I think Phillips should go on loan to another prem club if can cos I believe he has potential,hoillet a few times for us and in his last season at Blackburn was effective behind a striker so he shud be played there

Comment

I blame redcrapp for everything
        R's

Comment

Redknap has ruined Phillips as he's clearly a confidence player. I personally think there's a player there he's just at Rock bottom and ideally needs a loan to get a run of games and get his mojo back . The same can't be said for hoillet . Awful player . He doesn't have the killer instint , whenever I watch him he looks like a frightened rabbit caught in the headlights he's just not got it . Quite skilful but lacking it so many areas , his shooting is also appaling

Comment

Here is a player I should believe could have done the bizz for us;

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/foo...oui-Sean-Dyche

He is 23 years of age. Height;188cm. A Left winger in a 4-4-2 formation. and also useful as wideman in midfield. He is a swedish international, it looks like. Why not try to take him on loan for the rest of the season?

Clubs like Burnley and Crystal Palace are after him. To me at least; that fact indicates that he must be a busy player capable of tracking back thorougly;))
            Last edited by Shania; 25-01-2015, 04:38 PM.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Problem is Phillips has no technical ability and Hoillet no pace. Don't think either will cut it in the PL. Phillips can only play with space in front of him (i.e. on the break) and is hopeless at defending. Need to get rid of them both.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                I understand peoples frustration with hoilett I have had so many heated debates with people on here about him over the last 12 months. He is pony and shows no sign of changing his approach to how he plays.

Hes the most frustrating player I can remember at QPR as he could be quality but the bloke refuses to lift his head up and deliver a ball or simple pass. Hes been give countless chances.

Philips however I am genuinely gutted for the lad. Why hasn't harry given him the same chances Hoilett has. I genuinely think if he was give 3 or 4 games on the bounce and harry showed some faith in him he would be a asset to us. His confidence is shot and harry don't help it. Its one of the reasons im done with Harry.

Selecting him in the odd away game and changing formation and expecting him to do the business is beyond me...give the boy a chance or imo watch him go elsewhere ie west brom and pulis will play him for 3 or 4 games straight and put a arm around his shoulder and he will be a gem. Unlike Hoilett this boy can beat his palyer and deliver a cross.
                I have been saying the same thing all season about Phillips. A game here and there, usually away from home where the onus has been on defence has done very little for his confidence.

The lad needs to be selected to play consecutively for 3 or 4 games home and away to see if he can rediscover his form (and yes, I do believe he has the ability to play at this level).

Comment

Originally posted by Burnside View Post
                  Hoilett is too predictable, plays on left cuts inside, loses ball.
                  Or shoots (usually wide high or tamely at the keeper).

Comment

The main problem with our away form is confidence. After not winning all season, do the team really feel they can win or draw? All we need is a draw or a win (don't care how we get it), confidence will improve and then we will do better away from home.

Comment

Working...
                    X