• Show
Clear All

• Which ones woud you sell to fund our new players

Mutch - 6m
    Phillips - 4m
    Hoilett - 4 m
    Fer - 8 m
    Taarabt - 4-6m

Personally would get rid of taarabt and hoilett and possibly mutch if we definitely were given all those fund to reinvest.

We are currently linked with

Berbatov
    Lennon
    Mvilla

Personally would love to see us sell the above 3 and bring in Lennon, Mvilla and Gestede at the 5 mill they want for him.

I would be gutted if we sold Fer as there is a very good player there he's just not a bloody winger.

Lennon Mvilla Barton/Henry Vargas

Austin Gestede

Wouldn't sell Fer.

Comment

I think your price estimates might be high , I think we probably have to take a loss on Mutch , don't forget Spurs would get 50% of any profit on Adel .
      I am interested in the thinking behind Lennon and Gestede , Lennon is 27 , but has played over 300 games , so I would worry about injuries , plus he would feel like the type of signing we made a few years ago . Callum McManaman would seem a better option .
      Re Gestede , Blackburn is the only club he has scored a significant amount of goals for , I would of thought Troy Deeney who is a similar age , but has been a consistant scorer for longer than Gestede would a better option
      Finally , M'Villa feels a gamble , could we make another attempt for Shaun Maloney , or has he already signed for Chicago Fire

Comment

Cant see Mutch going tbh (no pun). We won't get what we paid and he deserves more of a chance, especially if we get relegated...
        Hoillet & Phillips we'll get peanuts for, again prob not worth it. Out of the 2 I'd sell Phillips, but certainly not for Lennon; he's on high wages, can't beat his man, and is consistently inconsistent.
        Taarabt needs to be reintroduced as our #10. He will create chances for Chaz.
        Berbatov is a massive gamble, one I can see going wrong…
        M'villa I'd take as long as he's not a headcase. Show him Remy and tell him he can come here and get a move to a top 6 club if he does well. Of our CMs I'd actually like Barton to go, but that's never happening…
        Someone to play LW is essential, that frees up Fer and should make us significantly stronger.
        Would also like a physical striker to replace Bob, Sanogo on loan could've done us nicely. Maybe Gestede could do that for us.
        And a utility player / someone who can cover at LB/RB if needed would be a good shout.

Not sure we'll be all that active thought tbh. Don't seem inclined to splash out and if so we have to spend wisely.

Comment

prices are certainly a estimate....kind of gauged them on what the papers are saying.

I personally like lennon....hes very quick and when I have seen him play he often beats his man but his delivery tends to be 50/50. at 27 with prem experience and plenty of pace I think he would be a very good signing.

Mvilla is a class player. But I agree a gamble in the sense is his head right. Its a gamble I would love to see us take on a initial loan with view to buy because if he settles and gets to the form from 2 years ago what a player. Potentially if sandro could get fit for more than 1 game that would be a pretty impressive cm pairing.

In relation to Gestede just look at Charlie. The jump up to prem at the moment isn't a big as gap in quality as it use to be. There are 6,7 8 teams that are championship quality and I believe 6 or 7 teams from the league below would hold their own in the prem right now. Gestede a 5mill and at his age is a decent buy imo.

Wouldn't want berbatov as hes a luxury player. We need someone to come in with fire in their belly and want to succeed.

I think Mutch has been given a hard time and would love to see him given a chance but if Harry aint going to play him and we can recoup the fee and spend it on a area we need improving then I am ok with that. I would only get p***ed off if harry sold Mutch and spent the money on 30 + been there and done it all before need a retirement package player.

Still would love to see the lb on loan at huddersfiled back at the club and petrasso given a go to.

Comment

I was just about to post this thread when I read an article about a possible clear out.
            I would be willing to sell Fer as long as Adel, Phillips, mutch, and toilet left ( or insert SWP in there).
            I really worry about buying Mvilla and Osvaldo, even loaning them. They both got attitude and only care about wages.
            I would like to see lennon or an effing winger than can cross
            I would love to see Petrasso get a shot, even if its off the bench in an away gay drubbing.
            Berbatov is predictable- He will come here with something to prove, playing for his life for 6 or 7 matches, and never give a shite again. Rather not see him.
            Unfortunately, the only players that can come here must meet the following criteria-
            Ex Spurs
            or
            One of harrys quadruple signings in there 30s.
            On a side note, I heard a rumor about Fabio on some website. Does anyone else think we could bring him in to play LB for injured Yun, (or when he needs a break), RB for Isla (when he needs a break), or RB and bring Isla up to RM, where he can play, and roll the dice?
            I think we could get Fabio for cheap and really be able to do a lot with him.

Comment

SWP
              Traore
              Adel
              Hoilett
              Barton
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                SWP
                Traore
                Adel
                Hoilett
                Barton
                I would almost take those 5 getting sold over a redknapp sacking

Comment

A friend of mine works for Rudy Gestede and apparently us and Hull were after him, he turned us down.

Comment

The problem with selling something is you need someone else who wants to buy

Comment

All bar Fer

Comment

Rio
                        SWP
                        Hoilett
                        Phillips
                        Traore
                        Barton

I read somewhere that we are trying one last attempt to get Callum M. in from Wigan
                        Crouch is a player I want.
                        Barry Bannan as well.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Who will take these players? SWP,Traore,Rio?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnside View Post
                            Who will take these players? SWP,Traore,Rio?
                            Ebbsfleet?;)
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Its not who would you sell, more like who can you sell to free up funds to put back into the squad. Mutch is one that you could sell if he's not starting, Phillips is another one for me , not getting games so could sell him on , and Adel if Italian clubs are willing to pay the fee then he can go to, selling those three should give you enough to invest it back into areas where we need to strengthen.

Comment

Working...
                              X