4-3-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-3-3

With the imminent return of Yun and Sandro scheduled for the Stoke game, I will play a 4-3-3 formation. Crystal Palace played like that against us at Loftus Road and were very dangerous. So this could be the best we have atm.

Green
    Isla, Ned, Dunne/Caulker, Yun.
    Sandro, Henry, Fer.
    Vargas, Austin, Adel/Zarate

Unless you are a top top side like Barca, or Madrid 433 never means 433. When we haven't got the ball it would be a 451 and I can't imagine Adel, or Zarate on the wing doing their defensive duty. Adel, or Zarate need to be the No 10 in a 4231 or 442 with them playing of Charlie, they would be wasted on the wing imo.
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

4-2-3-1 is the way to go with two defensive midfielders

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
        Unless you are a top top side like Barca, or Madrid 433 never means 433. When we haven't got the ball it would be a 451 and I can't imagine Adel, or Zarate on the wing doing their defensive duty. Adel, or Zarate need to be the No 10 in a 4231 or 442 with them playing of Charlie, they would be wasted on the wing imo.
        I'd love us to play a proper 433 but we won't do it under HR. For him it just means a 4411 with the wingers pushing up a bit or maybe a 4141.

Sounds like nit-picking but it's not - passing angles, who presses who etc is all different.

You're completely right than in practice this would end up 451 with wingers miles away from the forward.

I'd like to see Adel behind Austin with Zarate and Vargas cutting in. Two proper defensive mids, no box-to-box running about, in order to get the wingers higher up. A proper 4231 as in our promotion season.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with playing Vargas wide - he just needs to be a proper wide forward or attacking mid rather than wide right in Harrysaurus's 442, where he ends up playing in line with Karl Henry.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
          Germany style!

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
            This is the only system that could work with the players we currently have, I think we'd be very dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
              This is the only system that could work with the players we currently have, I think we'd be very dangerous.
              I could see that working but if we had another striker (ie Osvaldo), you would have to go 4-2-2-2

Comment

..................green
                Isla...... Cualker. Rio. ... Yun
                .........sandro. Barton
                .................Fer
                Vargas ........................hoilett
                ................austin

Yeh I no people will say 'what' about dunne' . And I agree he has been amazing. But with Rio id like to think we would get the ball down more...

Also you can't drop Henry..... Agree Henry has been good. But although barton has gave the ball away alot at least he tries to get on the ball. Henry shys away from receiving a pass.

I would like to try keep the ball more rather than the hoof ball... This team I think has sufficent quality to protect the defence and also exploit opposition on the counter attack
                Last edited by Ablockhoop; 23-01-2015, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Fer isn't a #10. Adel/Zarate should play there. I'd rather get Fer to sit back with Sandro/Henry.

Both 433 and 4231 can work well for us, the team just need to be well trained and know what their roles are.

Comment

Personally in my eyes Fer is not a holding midfielder. Also the position that Fer is is meant to be a third center mid.

Comment

Amended. I think Rio and caulker can do well for us... But we have to protect our defence more from people running at them.

Comment

This is a system which will get the best out of Vargas. It´s Worth a try. I think Harry should do all he can to get this player going again...
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

For me Henry's passing has been superb this season. He has hit some pin point long range passes and switched the play up nicely. On current form he does everything that Barton does but better but that's just a personal view

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            For me Henry's passing has been superb this season. He has hit some pin point long range passes and switched the play up nicely. On current form he does everything that Barton does but better but that's just a personal view
                            Agreed, think he's grown into a better player. He's also cheaper than Joey so I'd sell him and keep Henry.

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
                              ..................green
                              Isla...... Cualker. Rio. ... Yun
                              .........sandro. Barton
                              .................Fer
                              Vargas ........................hoilett
                              ................austin

Yeh I no people will say 'what' about dunne' . And I agree he has been amazing. But with Rio id like to think we would get the ball down more...

Also you can't drop Henry..... Agree Henry has been good. But although barton has gave the ball away alot at least he tries to get on the ball. Henry shys away from receiving a pass.

I would like to try keep the ball more rather than the hoof ball... This team I think has sufficent quality to protect the defence and also exploit opposition on the counter attack
                              If this is for the Stoke game, no way would I play rio, awful in the air and will not stand up to their physicality. Definitely prefer Dunne for this one, they don't have Diouf to pace our defenders.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                              X