TF provides Warren Farm update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
    Wasn't the loan from Barclays the training ground and other facilities? Don't think it can be used for anything else.
    If i remember correctly the loan was taken out to improve our credit rating, within the banking industry.
    "I could think of a number of what I think would be interesting (and not even "gotcha") questions. But they wont be asked"

Fans forum ?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      In principle, can you summarise what your main objections/fears are to the club and fanbase growing?

Just out of interest.
      Tourists, neutrals, turning into Fulham, plastic flags and all that ####, losing Loftus Rd to accommodate the manufacture of new fans. Losing that small fanbase/small club mentality that has made us as fans close to the club since i was a kid at least. Losing our identity i suppose. Above all i just dont like change i guess :-) I am in a minority i accept that but that doesnt mean my views are any less valid because of it.
      Last edited by vblockranger; 22-01-2015, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by W5R View Post
        Warren Farm is back to square one.

Needs complete new planning permission.

Sauce? Ealing Council. Who are MIGHTY pished off that Fernandes made the statement without actually informing them that things were changing
        Add to that there is a good chance of a change of party in the council in the general election ...

Comment

Warren Farm is back to square one.

Needs complete new planning permission.

Sauce? Ealing Council. Who are MIGHTY pished off that Fernandes made the statement without actually informing them that things were changing
          Source? The statement says that they have met with Ealing Council leader who has been very supportive. Why would they now be pished off?

Comment

"supportive" is a position not a legal thing.

Source is a councillor and they are pished as they heard about it all via twitter.

They are still going to support it but well..it means starting again. Even if it is fast tracked as an amendment it means the opposers can oppose. Also Labour are on very very shaky ground (W5 is normally tory). The council doesnt have much support. The Lib Dems who actually have quite a decent following in Ealing may gain at the election (albeit nationally theyre dead obviously) Oh the lib dems are against the plans...

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
              Tourists, neutrals, turning into Fulham, plastic flags and all that ####, losing Loftus Rd to accommodate the manufacture of new fans. Losing that small fanbase/small club mentality that has made us as fans close to the club since i was a kid at least. Losing our identity i suppose. Above all i just dont like change i guess :-) I am in a minority i accept that but that doesnt mean my views are any less valid because of it.
              I understand this and think most of us have felt the same way, but I don't want us to get left behind in the sport as it's changed for every football club. I've accepted this now and it was hard, but never forget we fans will always be here.

The world is changing and we have too, the sport has changed and we need to change with times.

Comment

So essentially what you're saying is you have no desire for QPR to play in the premier league, because I assume you understand that would be an impossibility in the long-term, by remaining at Loftus Rd.

Comment

So essentially what you're saying is you have no desire for QPR to play in the premier league, because I assume you understand that would be an impossibility in the long-term, by remaining at Loftus Rd.
                  We've all been here ourselves, but then you come round to the fact things have to change. Once you've accepted that then you can move on, and it's not easy but a part of life. None of us will love our club any less, and all clubs have to move on with times or they'll get left behind.

We need a new ground and need new supporters, we may lose some but hope many stick around and become a part of us.

Comment

"supportive" is a position not a legal thing.

Source is a councillor and they are pished as they heard about it all via twitter.

They are still going to support it but well..it means starting again. Even if it is fast tracked as an amendment it means the opposers can oppose. Also Labour are on very very shaky ground (W5 is normally tory). The council doesnt have much support. The Lib Dems who actually have quite a decent following in Ealing may gain at the election (albeit nationally theyre dead obviously) Oh the lib dems are against the plans...
                    I guess if they only heard it via Twitter then it's their leader's fault for not communicating with them.

I would have thought it was a given that they would have to start again - new plans mean new approval.

Comment

Doesnt bother me in the slightest what league QPR play in tbh Stanley, not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                        Source? The statement says that they have met with Ealing Council leader who has been very supportive. Why would they now be pished off?
                        When your boss denies you promotion he can also be very supportive.
                        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                          When your boss denies you promotion he can also be very supportive.
                          Possibly but I am in no way debating the meaning of the word "supportive". My point is that the council can hardly be pissed off if we have been speaking with their leader. Not our fault he didn't tell anyone else on the council (apparently).

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                            I understand this and think most of us have felt the same way, but I don't want us to get left behind in the sport as it's changed for every football club. I've accepted this now and it was hard, but never forget we fans will always be here.

The world is changing and we have too, the sport has changed and we need to change with times.
                            Fair enough but for me football hasnt changed one iota. Still go for a drink, still meet my mates, still love the club, still love W12 (and W6), still talk about all the same stuff in the pub, still a part of my life and my kids life. Football from fans point of view isnt all that different. If some rich syndicate comes in and tries to make millions off my club then fair enough but leave it all as it was because when you are gone we will still be here.

Comment

I think the general rule is that not many people make millions out of any football club to be honest.

Comment

Fair enough but for me football hasnt changed one iota. Still go for a drink, still meet my mates, still love the club, still love W12 (and W6), still talk about all the same stuff in the pub, still a part of my life and my kids life. Football from fans point of view isnt all that different. If some rich syndicate comes in and tries to make millions off my club then fair enough but leave it all as it was because when you are gone we will still be here.
                                What happens if I outlive you, I'll still be here and you'll be gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X