X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats your point?

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
      Most on here were pleased with those transfers.
      Im more than happy with the following signings-

McCarthy
      Isla
      Caulker
      Vargas
      Mutch
      Fer

just don't think some have been managed correctly. Reckon if Mutch went to Palace he would get constant game time, build his confidence up and shine. If Fer was played in the centre he'd be a real goal threat (both assists and goals). As for Isla, Caulker and Vargas Im very happy with them, lets not forget they're all young and only half way through their 1st season with us. And as for McCarthy hopefully he'll stay and take the number 1 of Green when the time is right. The one who's letting us down is Redknapp with his management style/subs/tactics etc etc (and Hoilett)...... Ive said it all season we've got a mid table team, now we just need the manager to take us there.
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

That was my point, that's why I said 'under Harry' those transfers have proved disappointing. We should be in a better position, but we're not, and clearly lessons haven't been learnt, because it looks like we're about to commit to the same pattern yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
          just don't think some have been managed correctly.
          Now there's a surprise........

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
            Let's face it, no one wants to come here that would enhance the team long-term, we've become pariahs. And Harry's all about short-term anyway. Never seems to bring in the youth, he's over-reliant on over-paid, older players. The loans we've been associated with are either nutters like Osvaldo or high-cost, short-termers like M'Vila. Except apparently Osvaldo doesn't want to come here anyway.

In the summer Harry was given the funds to build a team that could do well in the Prem, certainly one that wouldn't struggle. Yet again, he's failed. Supporting QPR has become a miserable experience these days, and it looks like Harry will drag us down, like he has before, and like he has other teams before. He should have been pensioned off when we got promoted, but Fernandes either doesn't have the vision or he's under Harold's spell - or both - because the profligate pocket-liner is still with us.

And now we have another bunch of players who are either under-performing or injured or constantly unfit. What is going on?

Caulker has proved to be a lesser player than we thought under Harry and the same can be said of Jordon Mutch, except more so. That's a tidy £14 million or so just there. Rio has proved to be over the hill, so that's another waste of a first team berth with another high wage earner. Sandro was a recognised crock Spurs were happy to unload at £8 million. He's been injured for most of his time here so far. £5 million Matty Phillips from last season has never been properly integrated and remains a marginal player. The only player who has showed some worth is £8-10 million Leroy Fer, and he hasn't proved as great as we hoped either.

Two loans have proven their worth: Isla and Vargas. As far as I can see, that's the only really good business we've done. The other loan, Harry's perennial favourite Nike Kranjcar has also proved marginal.

So that's a cool £30 million spent on transfer fees alone, and here we are, back in the relegation zone in January, still lumbered with this over-rated, over-the-hill manager and a tweeting chairman who just never seems to learn.
            If we go down, I'm blaming you, because you should have e-mailed TF with the above well before his dithering led to his decision to do nothing about it. It's a pretty good summary of the state of affairs.

Comment

Not allowed to post reality Hubble you'll be deemed 'negative'

I agree with every word. Some of us have our eyes wide open & are realists & what you say is bang on. Football dire, transfers dire, atmosphere around club due to such factors dire.

He's doing worse than Hughesless and thats saying something.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post

I agree with every word. Some of us have our eyes wide open & are realists & what you say is bang on. Football dire, transfers dire, atmosphere around club due to such factors dire.

Comment

Osvaldo apparently agrees terms with us but waiting for better options before he signs.if he does sign we should team up and give him a good kicking to welcome him.kin plick
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

If it all falls through, how about we go for another psychopathic Italian striker?

http://www.football-italia.net/61792...parma-contract

Comment

im just

im just not sold on this player at all, hes had so many clubs and so many loan deals,why did he fail so many times to become a fixture at any club, im sorry if im l;osing the faith

BUT IM LOSING THE FAITH
                      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post

Now I am no saggy chops fan, but he hasn't been worse than Hughes. That team we had two seasons ago, was the most heartless pathetic unit that has ever been assembled since I have been going to Rangers.

At least this lot put some effort in.

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
                          Now I am no saggy chops fan, but he hasn't been worse than Hughes. That team we had two seasons ago, was the most heartless pathetic unit that has ever been assembled since I have been going to Rangers.

At least this lot put some effort in.
                          The time we looked devoid of effort was Southampton at home which was Hughes last game and then pretty much all games after we suffered that late Wigan equaliser at loftus road. Easy to pinpoint lack of team ethic in bad times. This team gives better impression of being together but I have my doubts.

Comment

Proof is in the pudding. We'll know come May. 'Appearing' to look together is one thing, reality is another. The team did look like it was fighting against Man Utd I will say that. I just think like the majority of fans, the players have lost faith in our leadership. Hopefully they have enough about them to a man, to get us out of this hole.

Comment

Osvaldo could be an inspired signing if he keeps it together. Absolutely quality when he wants to be, just hope he doesn't try to iron out anyone (apart from SWP)

Comment

According to Twitter, reports in Italy suggest he is about to sign for Juventus.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2