Forthcoming QPR fan sites meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Do you suggest we all stop going to the games to show a strength of discontent against this awful club?
    Did I say that?

I do however totally get what is going on at Villa and the way their fans are responding to that situation. Fans have a right to protest: no fans = no club. Fans are not defined by the current status quo, there is a bigger picture at stake.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
      Yes agreed though I have to say that I feel a little uncomfortable about having posters from other messageboards representing me especially one particular one where the negativity is far far worse then other site out there
      Posters from other message boards are representing THEIR message boards. Stanley is representing THIS message board. If you're not happy about these kind of meetings, that's fine. You don't need to read about what happens at these meetings if you don't approve. You can just ignore any threads relating to the meetings. Stanley can crack on representing this message board and those posters who are interested. If you're not happy with Stanley speaking on behalf of WATRBs then can I respectfully suggest you take the matter up with him and MYU. Personally, I think Stanley does a great job with these meetings.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
        How significant?
        Do your own leg-work and check over the detailed and public meeting minutes from past meetings, then see for yourself.

By attending meetings in the current context, you are endorsing the way the club is being run. I don't think you should do that. If that's OK with you.
        Oh really? So how do you figure that one out mister wise guy? If I'm supposed to be "endorsing the way the club is being run" then explain how I've been so publicly critical of its running in so many of my 15000 posts since this forum's inception (many of which I've actually agreed with you about)?

This is a wholly independent fan website. The club invite us to attend these meetings along with LFW, QPRnot606, IndyRs, QPRPodcast, QPR Report, AKUTR's, QPRdot.org and QPRnet. We dont have to attend them but we choose to, as do all those others. So in effect your accusation applies to all QPR fan sites across the board. For you to conclude that they are all "endorsing the way the club is being run" simply by attending these meetings is so illogical and absurd there's no point even bothering to debate it further with you.

But judging by your post history it's perfectly clear what your stance is, so hardly surprising. Start another thread up if you feel that strongly about it but don't derail this one any further from what it was started for i.e. to canvass QPR fans for their agenda point suggestions for these meetings, be they both praising AND critical, several of whom have already offered theirs and to which we're grateful for.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          Do your own leg-work and check over the detailed and public meeting minutes from past meetings, then see for yourself.
          With the greatest respect I would venture to suggest that the current state of affairs (as reflected in so many of the posts on here) is of more significance than anything else right now, past achievements included. There are many way of expressing displeasure with the current situation. I am suggesting one. You think it is absurd, we disagree, that doesn't mean either of us are correct per se.

I did say that imo ALL the boards should go down the same route. Assuming it could be done, and there was the will to do it, I think it's a reasonable stance. At least it would be sending a message.

Comment

With the greatest respect I would venture to suggest that the current state of affairs (as reflected in so many of the posts on here) is of more significance than anything else right now, past achievements included. There are many way of expressing displeasure with the current situation. I am suggesting one. You think it is absurd, we disagree, that doesn't mean either of us are correct per se.

I did say that imo ALL the boards should go down the same route. Assuming it could be done, and there was the will to do it, I think it's a reasonable stance. At least it would be sending a message.
            No, I said that it was an absurdity and wholly untrue to state that all the QPR fan sites are "endorsing the way the club is being run" simply by attending these meetings.

Everything else you say I agree with Hal.

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
              what does les ferdinand actually do?
              http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/le...-2220831.aspx?
              http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/le...s-2219801.aspx

Comment

Working...
              X