Redknapp believed to be facing sack if he loses next match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
    This is probably ########, why would Man Utd be the decisive match? > I want him goner but hope we get a result regardless.

If we're sacking him only to bring in that PE teacher Tim Sherwood then we should save ourselves the hassle, as they are identical.

Don't know if I have ever agreed with you Station, but you are absolutely right here. I am an advocate for keeping harry because of the likely options. He is probably better than them and will probably leave anyway in the summer. Would rather bring someone in then, to be clear with what the targets are, than replacing him now with someone worse.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      That all depends on what the spirit is like within the dressing room, and if recent performances are anything to go by then it seems fairly demoralised. Therefore why would the players suddenly start fighting for their manager now just because an article like this appears.

Last time Harry allegedly had one game to save his job was prior to the Liverpool game - the difference then was the players still believed in him and as a result put in a performance to give him a stay of execution. Looks a very different situation to that now however.
      I don't think we played as badly against Burnley as some seem to think. If Caulker's header at the end goes in and Charlie puts it in instead of hitting the post, and everything else stays the same, people would be saying how well we played!

I don't think Harry has lost the dressing room. So far as I can see, the loss to Burnley was just same old same old. We've seen it all season away from home. By the same token, I don't see any reason to suppose we won't find some form at home again, as we have done regularly this season.
      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Sherwood is not the answer, nobody out there at the moment who is any good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
          They're guessing in my opinion. A lot of factors make it highly likely that he'll be sacked after Saturday if we're going to do it.

Factors include poor form, two week break between games, two weeks left in the window and fans not happy.

Realistically it's the last chance to sack him.
          Agree

Comment

It's too late now, we should of sacked him earlier in the season when Pulis was availiable.

Comment

Makes no sense. Burnley would have been a more obvious benchmark.

Think this is just paper speculation.

Comment

Why are people obsessed with Sherwood to the point he's one of the favourites for every job that comes up??! His lifetime managerial career experience is about 20 games FFS, and a fair few of them were humiliatingly poor defeats where his team rolled over.

We should give it to Hoddle if he'd take it. He's working with the squad so there's continuity and he already knows the issues and weaknesses, and he's a million % better than HR as a manger and tactician. Would also be no compensation payment. No brainer!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  Far too late into the season, and window imo.
                  Well if you believe the links to various players are true. If no money is available then it doesn't matter
                  I don't think the board are thinking solely about this season in the decision. They'll want to give the new man 10-15 games this season to try and turn it around, but more importantly move seemlessly into the summer and pre-season. As it stands, we will go down with Redknapp and then spend the summer months looking for a new manager, who then has that much less time to make his mark.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                    Wouldn't mind Sherwood. He'd bring so much enthusiasm and passion...we need that. If we do go down, he could be the man to rebuild. He said himself he wants to build a football team from the ground up.
                    I've said that all along Nik, and got pelters on here for it. In our position, I honestly can't think of a better man for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                      Why are people obsessed with Sherwood to the point he's one of the favourites for every job that comes up??! His lifetime managerial career experience is about 20 games FFS, and a fair few of them were humiliatingly poor defeats where his team rolled over.

We should give it to Hoddle if he'd take it. He's working with the squad so there's continuity and he already knows the issues and weaknesses, and he's a million % better than HR as a manger and tactician. Would also be no compensation payment. No brainer!
                      I've told you a billion times, don't exaggerate.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                        I don't think we played as badly against Burnley as some seem to think. If Caulker's header at the end goes in and Charlie puts it in instead of hitting the post, and everything else stays the same, people would be saying how well we played!

I don't think Harry has lost the dressing room. So far as I can see, the loss to Burnley was just same old same old. We've seen it all season away from home. By the same token, I don't see any reason to suppose we won't find some form at home again, as we have done regularly this season.
                        There always seems to be a lot of "if's" with us at the minute. The reality is that we weren't good enough, and got what we deserved...sweet FA.

Comment

Not Sherwood with the stupid salute! Surely one of the most embarrassing things EVER seen at a football match! Seriously not many options if you sack 'arry, would any of those available do any better?

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                            I've told you a billion times, don't exaggerate.

Comment

Never mind about Redknapp getting the sack no point unless Bond and Jordon go

Comment

Not sure we will get a high profile manager for many a year, at best a younger unproven one or an old todger like Harry. I believe we must look at Hoddle and Ferdinand (Sir Les that is) and build with them. So I gues I have answered my own points of younger unproven and old todger
                                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                                X