Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC On who should be England Striker

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30568679

The fact that they put Andy Carroll and Danny Ings ahead of Charlie is a bit of an embarrassment to be honest, Austin is excellent in the air and has improved ever so much recently, he has one of the best shots/shots on target ratio's in the league and he is the third top scorer, yet Carroll and Ings are supposedly more handy for england...
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

"When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Understandable......but as a fan would've been nice for him to be in the mix/discussion a bit more.

Comment

Hope he get's a shot next year, not this year as we're short. We can't risk him getting injured.

Comment

Not only does Austin have the best stats there...all his goals have come in the Prem. Lots of Kane's have come against awful teams in the europa league.
          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by Webb1977 View Post
            Understandable......but as a fan would've been nice for him to be in the mix/discussion a bit more.
            I get the idea for a different dimension with carroll but austin is also excellent in the air, my bigger concern is the Ings debacle as he is definitely not as good as Austin.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Rather not have Charlie playing for England tbh. Greater shop window for clubs to look at him through , plus 1 bad game for England and he's lambasted by the media and his confidence gets shattered. Would be great for him to get a call up of course, but on a purely selfish note I would much rather he didn't, no positives to be gained from it for little old QPR.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

if austin can play foe england so can i
                you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

I dont want him playing for england during the season, not as a qpr player, simple as.

Comment

I don't think people are understanding, these 'pundits' are suggesting that Ings and Carroll are better players, better finishers than Austin. Put to the side that we don't want him on the shop window, if you are Hodgson, who would you choose?

Comment

I love Austin. I am sure he wants to play for his national team. I hope he plays for England as soon as possible. AND I hope he gets a new contract for Christmas.

Comment

I think Austin and Carroll would play great together

Comment

I think any Friendly Games are the times to give call ups to others, and give them a chance but it doesn't seem to happen that much.
                          Austin will get his call up in the next squad for sure.
                          The Stats show he deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                            Not only does Austin have the best stats there...all his goals have come in the Prem. Lots of Kane's have come against awful teams in the europa league.
                            Spot on, not to mention league cup games.

As for the bloke saying Ings, who is he....?

Comment

Not only Top English Goalscorer, but only 3 behind Aguero, and 1 behind Costa.
                              Charlie's confidence must be at the end of scale at moment, knowing he isn't far behind those 2 strikers.

Comment

Working...
                              X