No announcement yet.

Arsenal Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every club in the division will rotate, but bet this forum moams the most about our club when we do.

Comment

Pro athletes eh!

NHL players play 3 games in 4 days at this time of the year.
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
        Pro athletes eh!

NHL players play 3 games in 4 days at this time of the year.
        Skating is easier than running
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
          Skating is easier than running
          You clearly havent seen me skate
          ice hockey is a great game to watch though.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Can't see Palace will be having namby pamby thoughts about resting players for their Boxing Day game home to Saints? I'd just approach it that most teams will have tired players and get on with it and name strongest possible XI for both games.
            I'd put best team I could out at Emirates and just be mindful about maybe subbing Bobby or Dunney IF circumstances allowed at some point. To be honest, I don't think either of them are actually as old and decrepit as they'd have you believe and they both have the intelligence and nous to manage themselves over 2 games in 48 hrs.

Comment

zamora vs arsenal works. stick charlie along side him and work on set pieces and counter attacks. dont bother trying to out pass or go through the middle of arsenal. get the ball go long or down the wings and put balls into the box.

green

onuoha dunne caulker hill

vargas barton henry traore

zamora austin
              Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
              Lovejoy: "No?!"
              Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

I'd play the same team, but replace Dunne with Ferdinand or Onuoha (if Isla returns).

It's time to play 4-4-2 away from home and Arsenal are vulnerable in defence.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Every club in the division will rotate, but bet this forum moams the most about our club when we do.
                  So true: ''Harry doesn't know his best eleven''.
                  I would give Rio and Kranjcar a chance.

Green
                  Isla Caulker Rio Yun
                  Vargas Barton Fer Kranjcar
                  Austin Zamora

Comment

Find it laughable that people think we don't need to rotate and think it's a breeze to play 2 games in 48 hours. You go and run 10 miles doing high intensity training and tell me it's not tiring. Football isn't just doing a 10 mile jog. Sprinting, jogging, jumping, tackling etc is very hard. Didn't people see how tired the players were on Saturday? That was after a few days off. Fer couldn't move for the last 10 minutes.

The Arsenal game is winnable, whatever side we play. It's highly unlikely we will win though, no matter what side we play if we're being realistic. People saying Arsenal aren't all that etc, well losing 2 Premier League games at home in the last two years tells a different story. One of which was first game of the season and we all know how unreliable results are then and they also had 10 men against a very quick, counter attacking Aston Villa side. The other against United this season when they should have been 4-0 up at half time. It's a very difficult place to get a result.

I don't like giving up on games and I'm not on this one, I'm being realistic and thinking of the bigger picture. Palace is a huge game and a huge benefit will be having a team as fresh as possible.

It's of more benefit in the table if we beat Palace rather than Arsenal. For example, if Palace beat Southampton and we beat Arsenal, no difference in the table between the clubs, still a 2 point gap. If Palace beat Southampton and we lose at Arsenal with our strongest team, then also fail to beat Palace, they're a point ahead of us. If we rest players at Arsenal and beat Palace, we'll be above them, no matter what the result is between Palace and Southampton. Obviously resting players doesn't guarantee any result but Palace is the big game, not Arsenal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                      Find it laughable that people think we don't need to rotate and think it's a breeze to play 2 games in 48 hours. You go and run 10 miles doing high intensity training and tell me it's not tiring. Football isn't just doing a 10 mile jog. Sprinting, jogging, jumping, tackling etc is very hard. Didn't people see how tired the players were on Saturday? That was after a few days off. Fer couldn't move for the last 10 minutes.

The Arsenal game is winnable, whatever side we play. It's highly unlikely we will win though, no matter what side we play if we're being realistic. People saying Arsenal aren't all that etc, well losing 2 Premier League games at home in the last two years tells a different story. One of which was first game of the season and we all know how unreliable results are then and they also had 10 men against a very quick, counter attacking Aston Villa side. The other against United this season when they should have been 4-0 up at half time. It's a very difficult place to get a result.

I don't like giving up on games and I'm not on this one, I'm being realistic and thinking of the bigger picture. Palace is a huge game and a huge benefit will be having a team as fresh as possible.

It's of more benefit in the table if we beat Palace rather than Arsenal. For example, if Palace beat Southampton and we beat Arsenal, no difference in the table between the clubs, still a 2 point gap. If Palace beat Southampton and we lose at Arsenal with our strongest team, then also fail to beat Palace, they're a point ahead of us. If we rest players at Arsenal and beat Palace, we'll be above them, no matter what the result is between Palace and Southampton. Obviously resting players doesn't guarantee any result but Palace is the big game, not Arsenal.
                      Too much sense there Matty. People are just teeing up for a proper moan up when we get dumped by Arsenal. All the usual, Arsenal are a poor team, full backs are useless, surely we can get a point there type stuff is just foreplay for the orgy of moaning we can anticipate on the evening of Boxing Day
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

play our best team and go for it its arsenal just anova PL team

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
                          zamora vs arsenal works. stick charlie along side him and work on set pieces and counter attacks. dont bother trying to out pass or go through the middle of arsenal. get the ball go long or down the wings and put balls into the box.

green

onuoha dunne caulker hill

vargas barton henry traore

zamora austin
                          i was at the game last time we played arsenal at the emirates , zamora only won one header against mertasaker he gave up in the end and just stood around with his hands on his hips

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                            What team would you pick? Personally I'd write this game off, so to speak. I'd make as many changes as possible to keep players fresh for Palace, less than 48 hours after.

My reasons being, the chances of getting a result are next to none. Arsenal dominate the ball and it's a big pitch, meaning the amount of work our players will have to do will be enormous. Palace have a home game against Southampton and will play their strongest team. Southampton dominate the ball and Palace are a hard working, pressing team. Palace will see our game as winnable and I doubt Warnock will make any changes. A fresh Rangers 11, can get about a physically and mentally tired Palace side with a high tempo and pressing game, which will pay dividends as the game progresses.

My Arsenal starting 11. Formation 451.

McCarthy, Onouha, Ferdinand, Hill, Traore (Yun), Phillips, Mutch, Kranjcar, Barton/Henry, Wright-Phillips, Hoilett.

I'd play Hoilett up front, a role he done well at Blackburn and get him to run in behind a slow Arsenal defence who play a high line.

Team against Palace. Formation 442.

Green, Isla, Dunne, Caulker, Yun, Vargas, Barton, Henry, Fer, Austin, Zamora.

All mentally and physically fresh apart from possibly Yun, depending on his and Traore's injury and Barton/Henry with one having to play at Arsenal.

It's a big decision for Harry and will upset a few fans no doubt but 3 points is badly needed from the next two games and I feel this gives us the best chance.
                            Stupid thread why should we throw the game football is a funny game we never know what might happen we might just get something out of the game never give up.

Comment

If we're don't play our strongest team and get thumped ill be asking for a full refund for me and my boy. People going deserve to see our best team trying to win. I believe this is the case for every game.

Comment

Harry needs to go at Arsenal. Same team as sat unless Isla for the chief lets give it a go rather than just go there and surrender another away defeat

Comment

Working...
                                X