Arsenal Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arsenal Dilemma

What team would you pick? Personally I'd write this game off, so to speak. I'd make as many changes as possible to keep players fresh for Palace, less than 48 hours after.

My reasons being, the chances of getting a result are next to none. Arsenal dominate the ball and it's a big pitch, meaning the amount of work our players will have to do will be enormous. Palace have a home game against Southampton and will play their strongest team. Southampton dominate the ball and Palace are a hard working, pressing team. Palace will see our game as winnable and I doubt Warnock will make any changes. A fresh Rangers 11, can get about a physically and mentally tired Palace side with a high tempo and pressing game, which will pay dividends as the game progresses.

My Arsenal starting 11. Formation 451.

McCarthy, Onouha, Ferdinand, Hill, Traore (Yun), Phillips, Mutch, Kranjcar, Barton/Henry, Wright-Phillips, Hoilett.

I'd play Hoilett up front, a role he done well at Blackburn and get him to run in behind a slow Arsenal defence who play a high line.

Team against Palace. Formation 442.

Green, Isla, Dunne, Caulker, Yun, Vargas, Barton, Henry, Fer, Austin, Zamora.

All mentally and physically fresh apart from possibly Yun, depending on his and Traore's injury and Barton/Henry with one having to play at Arsenal.

It's a big decision for Harry and will upset a few fans no doubt but 3 points is badly needed from the next two games and I feel this gives us the best chance.

Getting slapped 6-0 ain't gonna put is in the best frame of mind for Palace
    I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

I'm interested to see what Harry's going to do for this.
      I wouldn't rotate completely as that'll just cause problems - but we need to try something different away from home.
      I'd go for
      Green/McCarthy,
      Onouha, Rio/Clint, Caulker, Yun, (Don't think Dunne can do two games close together - give Rio or Clint a shot & Bring Isla back for Palace)
      Phillips, Kranjcar, Henry, Hoilett, (Pace along with defensive ability and ball control)
      Austin, Vargas (Both can easily play this and palace - need two up top)

What do people think of this?

Comment

can we just not turn up n forefit the game 2nil thru default!
        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pie & mash View Post
          Getting slapped 6-0 ain't gonna put is in the best frame of mind for Palace
          What's to say we don't get slapped playing our first team!

Comment

Play the strongest side possible v Arsenal for continuity imo.....players love to play and IF they get a result, will certainly be buoyed for the Palace game.

Comment

What's to say that second eleven won't beat Arsenal? Er. Anton's playing.

Comment

Play the strongest team possible. Time to implement our home tactics for the away games I reckon. Pitch is a lot bigger there so wingers and full backs should use the width well and put some crosses into the area for BZ and CA. Physical and well disciplined elsewhere on the pitch, just like at home.
                "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

If it aint broke, dont fix it.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                    What's to say we don't get slapped playing our first team!

Nothing, it just greatly reduces the possibility
                    I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

Rest the oldies thats about it.

Comment

No dilemna for me. Play our strongest team, play to our strengths, not be afraid to beat them and we have every chance of winning. They are nowhere near as good as some think and even worse when attacked.

I doubt Palace will be surrendering their game in order to save their efforts for us.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          No dilemna for me. Play our strongest team, play to our strengths, not be afraid to beat them and we have every chance of winning. They are nowhere near as good as some think and even worse when attacked.

I doubt Palace will be surrendering their game in order to save their efforts for us.
                          This exactly. Go out all guns blazing and play like it's a home game. If we play a pony side and invite pressure they will crucify us.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Anyone but Rio Ferdinand.

Comment

Very good thread.
                              I see both sides of the argument.

Would love us to go out there and. get a win. Lets have a go and get those 3 points
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                              X