Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Neville's comments on MotD...

... about QPR's away form were spot on.

QPR play 442 at home and a defensive 451 away, without the pace to do it effectively. Exactly what I and may others have said all along.

He also said as it hasn't worked so far why not play the same away from home as they do at Loftus Rd.

I agree with him we do play too defensive away but its hard to transform our home form away as shearer said at home we have the smallest pitch and can keep it tight but away from home the pitches are massive but we should definately try the 442 attacting style see what happens
    TWITTER
    @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
    Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

We don't have the smallest pitch though, ain't our pitch pretty much the same as most other pitches? Just looks small cause the stands are so close to it?

Comment

We can't do any bleedin worse!

Comment

Playing away also highlights how prone to mistakes our defence and def. mifield are. We do really need Sandro back. Fer in the middle is also an option.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post
            We don't have the smallest pitch though, ain't our pitch pretty much the same as most other pitches? Just looks small cause the stands are so close to it?
            your right we are all very similar the crowd makes it harder for away team to do anything
            TWITTER
            @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
            Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

Originally posted by alanfullerqpr View Post
              I agree with him we do play too defensive away but its hard to transform our home form away as shearer said at home we have the smallest pitch and can keep it tight but away from home the pitches are massive but we should definately try the 442 attacting style see what happens
              QPR's pitch is not that narrow. 2 yards is basically 2 steps, surely that doesn't make a hell of a difference.

Comment

Exactly.

I said before it looks narrow because the stands are so close to the pitch and the TV cameras are right on top of it.

Comment

Ours is the smallest pitch in the division according to Ian Taylor.

Comment

We should play vargas upfront with charlie ( legend) go 442 and just go for it isla should be back so come on you Rssss
                    You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                      Ours is the smallest pitch in the division according to Ian Taylor.
                      Correct. Highbury was smaller but now we're the smallest. However is really onlya couple of yards either way as someone else has pointed out so it's hard to see way it makes such a difference!

Comment

Originally posted by padstow View Post
                        so it's hard to see way it makes such a difference!
                        Could be because it bring the opposition a couple of yards closer too our pace-less players.

Comment

It's all about the opposition we've faced, nothing else. People are so deluded it's unreal! How many newly promoted teams get points away from home against the top 10? Before the start of the season I'd have said we'd lose away at Spurs, United, Chelsea and Everton for sure. Possibly nick a point at Southampton, West Ham, Newcastle and Swansea but more than likely get beat in two of them. I wouldn't have said we'd win any, so at best we're 4 points worse off.

People moaning about 451, well we were unlucky at both Southampton and Chelsea playing that system but utterly shocking at Newcastle when playing 442!

451 is the best way to approach away games at the opposition we've faced. We now have a very winnable set of away fixtures after Arsenal, we're I'd expect us to play 442 and pick up points.

We'll pick up 10 points away from home by the end of the season, which is respectable for a newly promoted side and will keep us up with our home form.

Comment

An obscure subject, but I knew you'd just love to know, that mention is made from time to time of how wide other club's pitches are, and how well or not we cope on them.

Sunderland......68 (Yards)

West Ham.......70

Aston V..........72

QPR...............72

Burnley...........73

Spurs.............73

Chelsea..........74

Crystal P.........74

Newcastle.......74

Southampton...74

Swansea.........74

WBA...............74

Arsenal...........75

Stoke.............75

Liverpool.........75

Leicester........76

Man U............76

Man C............77

Everton..........78

Hull...............78

#

Comment

I think it's more a problem of confidence. Maybe at Arsenal the fans should stand in front of the players' coach when it arrives, with banners saying "Welcome to Loftus Road".

Comment

Working...
                              X