No announcement yet.

Leyroy Fer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barton was wasteful, anyone who watched the match should be able to see that. You can't just rely on stats, this isn't baseball.

I'd play Fer at Arsenal.

Arsenal look shaky, as always they've got injuries and will prob have to play Arteta/Flamini/Cazorla. I think Fer's physicality could cause them some hassle and he gives us a bit of pace, which we'll need if we're going to avoid getting torn up on that big Emirates pitch.

Hopefully Walcott isn't back, I can see him causing us problems.

Comment

Defensively Fer is about as useful as a carpet fitter's ladder. I think either play him in midfield or bench him and play Traore as left wing (as I've just said in another thread, but I didn't see this one...) Fer is wasted on the wing and opponents get a lot of joy against him there.

Comment

Very mixed reviews so far very much 50/50 split on how he is viewed.

QPR fans I give you the new Adel to split the fans Leroy Fer

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
          Barton was wasteful, anyone who watched the match should be able to see that. You can't just rely on stats, this isn't baseball.

I'd play Fer at Arsenal.

Arsenal look shaky, as always they've got injuries and will prob have to play Arteta/Flamini/Cazorla. I think Fer's physicality could cause them some hassle and he gives us a bit of pace, which we'll need if we're going to avoid getting torn up on that big Emirates pitch.

Richard has an agenda. Save your energy pal.

Comment

Harry has great selection dilemmas. He's got a choice of Henry Barton Fer Mutch Sandro for centre midfield. If we lose one or two through injury or suspension, there's plenty of capable players able to step in.

If we acquire a good winger or two in January we'll free up Fer for the middle and Vargas for up front.

Add a defender or two and we'll survive.
            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
              Because he had more of the ball obviously. Not rocket science.

Did you even go to the game? He misplaced 6 passes in the first 15 minutes of the match.

And his great corner, which was great, he got a second go at as his first one was waist high and hit the first man.
              Thats actually wrong on both of your parts...
              Our best passer of anyone who played more than 60 minutes of football was Clint Hill with 77 percent accuracy, Joint with Vargas. Henry came third with 72 percent and Barton came fourth with 71 percent joint with Zamora, while Fer had a 65 percent passing accuracy. Barton did however attempt 49 passes, more than anyone on our side and only second to morrison overall. Fer came second for us with 40 passes attempted
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post

I'd play Fer at Arsenal.

Well stats do tell us Quite abit, as you can see from my above post, but in addition to that about barton is that of all of our players, he has attempted the most forward passes this season of any of our players and has successfully played the 12th most key passes per game of any league player this season. He is key to our forward play and while he may lose the ball on some occasions, some of the passes he makes are exquisite and are key to our goalscoring.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  Thats actually wrong on both of your parts...
                  Our best passer of anyone who played more than 60 minutes of football was Clint Hill with 77 percent accuracy, Joint with Vargas. Henry came third with 72 percent and Barton came fourth with 71 percent joint with Zamora, while Fer had a 65 percent passing accuracy. Barton did however attempt 49 passes, more than anyone on our side and only second to morrison overall. Fer came second for us with 40 passes attempted
                  Nasser as intelligent as you try and sound mate, your 'stats' mean nothing. I was at the game & can see with my two eyeballs that work very well the amount of times Barton lost possession.

People at the game saw it, people on here commented on it. It's not something to work yourself into a tizzy about, not all players have perfect games. Barton is doing well, Saturday he lost the ball a lot. Simples.

Comment

Nasser as intelligent as you try and sound mate, your 'stats' mean nothing. I was at the game & can see with my two eyeballs that work very well the amount of times Barton lost possession.

People at the game saw it, people on here commented on it. It's not something to work yourself into a tizzy about, not all players have perfect games. Barton is doing well, Saturday he lost the ball a lot. Simples.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Still mad about Monday I see
                      https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                        Still mad about Monday I see
                        I don't get it?

Comment

Ahem...

Just suggesting you had mixed the two games up somehow, or was still so angry over JB´s bad play on Monday, that he couldn´t do right for doing wrong in your eyes on Saturday.
                          https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Erm no.

Comment

Bear in mind the stats are still poor, but what I am saying is that he was the best of a poor bunch. I feel you misinterpreted my stats as thought they were good things but missing over a quarter of your passes is still poor. It's just that you are targeting him but he was still doing rather well compared to the rest of them. Oh, and please don't take it out on me personally by questioning anything about my personality or intelligence, I just put out the information I know.

Comment

Also, I would just like to point out that you are right, barton did lose the ball alot and the reason that is is because he attempted forward passes alot. They kind of go hand in hand...

Comment

Working...
                                X