The foul on Barton in the box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The foul on Barton in the box

Was it as obvious penalty as it looked from my seat in Sa Road, if Barton dived why was he not booked, looked nailed on to all in our section.

Ref got it right in my opinion. The defender pulled his leg out of the way, plus Barton was over-theatrical.

The foul on Fer for our pen was 100% correct though.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      Ref got it right in my opinion. The defender pulled his leg out of the way, plus Barton was over-theatrical.

The foul on Fer for our pen was 100% correct though.
      The ref got it spot on today and we won.

Comment

Bartons was more a pen for me, but bothered.

Comment

Lazy leg stuck out from Morrison. Regardless if he made a meal or not. Running at that speed, getting any slight contact will put you over. Pen for me.

Comment

Definite pen IMO. Ref bottled it.

Comment

Haven't seen any replays but have to admit in live play it looked like Joey realised he had a heavy touch and may not make it and dived.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                Haven't seen any replays but have to admit in live play it looked like Joey realised he had a
                heavy touch and may not make it and dived.
                Shouldn't you be 'entertaining' a young lady at this late hour on a Saturday night ?

On MOTD it was a bit Swan Lake'ish TBF
                "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Definitely a penalty, and ref was well placed to see it. He must have mistaken the ends when he gave the one on Fer, because it was the only thing we got all match.
                  https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
                    Shouldn't you be 'entertaining' a young lady at this late hour on a Saturday night ?

On MOTD it was a bit Swan Lake'ish TBF
                    I am mate! Her poxy family do South of the river, they're up dancing the night away whilst I'm designated driver slurping on my j2o !
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                      Was it as obvious penalty as it looked from my seat in Sa Road, if Barton dived why was he not booked, looked nailed on to all in our section.
                      Ha ha, these "pen or no pen" debates are fun.

Never a pen in a million years for me. On TV it looked as though there was no contact whatsoever and Joey's Oscar worthy dive pretty much summed it up. Of course I had the benefit of several replays from several different angles.
                      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                        Ha ha, these "pen or no pen" debates are fun.

Never a pen in a million years for me. On TV it looked as though there was no contact whatsoever and Joey's Oscar worthy dive pretty much summed it up. Of course I had the benefit of several replays from several different angles.

Definitely looked like there was contact for me, their player left his leg hanging in Joey's way and he went over it.

He would have had to jump over it to avoid it so should have been given, but justice was done in the end so happy days!

Comment

When you see the replays it is even more obvious that it's a pen. Even a skilled stuntman or Ashley Young for that matter would not have been able to make his body change momentum like that, and in mid air mind you. If Morisson wasn't the culprit then there must have been a third shooter on the grassy knoll.
                          https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

it was one of those that could of gone either way , thought the ref was dire

Comment

Watched it on match of the day, from a better angle it was a definite pen, very obvious to see that morrison had his leg stuck out onto poor Joey's Balls, imagine feeling that as you moved at that pace.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                              X