Our ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
    That what I ment, by putting in uncomfortable bloody seats, I have to turn at an angle or hope the next seat ain't taken
    Douglas Bader never used to complain when he used to go
    Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Love Loftus Road. Will be gutted when we leave it. It's a $hit hole, but it's our $hit hole. Can't stand the new soulless bowls like Reading, Leicester etc with nothing within a 20min walk.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        Love Loftus Road. Will be gutted when we leave it. It's a $hit hole, but it's our $hit hole. Can't stand the new soulless bowls like Reading, Leicester etc with nothing within a 20min walk.
        Totally agree
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
          Agree, I cannot understand why this can't be done in small grounds/stands. I understand that larger grounds and stands could be difficult because of the sheer numbers involved. Surely they could try it in grounds like ours! Hillsborough was very tragic and should never of happened but it was more down to the stewardship and policing than fans fault.

Used to love to stand in the Loft and the paddocks, never an issue with congestion because we are a small ground. Unfortunately it was the smaller grounds that have suffered more after Hillsborough than the larger grounds.
          I would love to see the old loft back, even if it was only the bottom tier, what has always puzzled me is why did the FA give liverpool the smaller end and not the Hillsborough kop what is much bigger
          You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
            Douglas Bader never used to complain when he used to go
            That's because he was good in the air
            You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
              That's because he was good in the air
              and i bet he could run through our defence at an away match
              Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                and i bet he could run through our defence at an away match
                Blindfolded
                You Rsssssss

Comment

We used to own the houses behind Ellersie and Loftus Rd so we could have built back in three directions had previous owners had foresight

Comment

Will be gutted when we leave too. Didn't we look into extending one of the stands when Bernie was in charge and they found there could be a way to build up and increase it by 7,000. I personally think 25 k for us is perfect.

I am sure its been looked into but surely we could just knock it down buy a bit of land around us and redevelop it. Simples really

Comment

25k.. would be enough for now, but sort of think that would just be buying us time until we have to move. If we're in a position where we can move then think we should.
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I hear you Nick, just worry if we do move and get relegated or are struggling we could find our self in a 40,000 seated stadium with just over a quarter capacity. I mean we are hardly a established prem team yet and could quite easily yo yo up and down for a few more years or find ourselves stuck in the championship.

Comment

2 4 6 8 we dont want to relocate....
                          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Looks like the Gang of Four Members has growing support ....The day we move to this new soulless stadium ,with no real pubs , out of W12 ,and surrounded by empty seats will be a very very sad day.
                            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Working...
                            X