Only one team in Premier League history has made a worse start on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one team in Premier League history has made a worse start on the road

Only one team in Premier League history has made a worse start on the road and Bolton Wanderers, who lost their first nine away matches in the 1995-96 season, finished bottom that year.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...e-match-report
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

After boxing day we will have played 9 out of the top ten teams away, and we arent bottom.
    We have every chance of staying up.

Comment

I like your optimism Del, hope you are right
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Great thread!
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

if we dont pick three away wins at least....we will founder................fact!
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by qprdel View Post
            After boxing day we will have played 9 out of the top ten teams away...
            Any team we play away becomes likelier to be in the top 10 thanks to the 3 points we invariably gift them.
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

As it stands now the teams we have played away are all in the top 10. We still have to play ARS and M.C
              But they have not all been in the top 10 when we played them but playing us helped them to get in there.
              Here are standings before we play them and after
              TOT 5->1 M.U 14->9 SOU 2->2 W.H 13->7 CHE 1->1 NEW 8->1 SWA 8->6 Eve 12->10

Comment

After boxing day we will have played 9 out of the top ten teams away, and we arent bottom.
                Which also means that we have most of the top ten still to play at home.
                People who point out the statistic regarding who we are yet to play away, are trying to say that we will pick up points from home due to the teams we will be playing, whilst missing entirely the point that we will drop more points at home due to the teams we have to play.

Comment

i saw after Swansea game cruel,but actually funny joke. What you have in common with James Bond and QPR? 007

Comment

Glass half full. Certain things should be remembered though, such as Everton were thirteenth before the game and only top ten after we rolled over for them.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                      Glass half full. Certain things should be remembered though, such as Everton were thirteenth before the game and only top ten after we rolled over for them.
                      Bit harsh?
                      https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Well, that's equalled the record. Let's hope we can get something at Burnley or we will be record breakers.
                        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                          As it stands now the teams we have played away are all in the top 10. We still have to play ARS and M.C
                          But they have not all been in the top 10 when we played them but playing us helped them to get in there.
                          Here are standings before we play them and after
                          TOT 5->1 M.U 14->9 SOU 2->2 W.H 13->7 CHE 1->1 NEW 8->1 SWA 8->6 Eve 12->10
                          Good stats. What a surprise they were ignored...s

Comment

This argument that our hard away schedule somehow excuses 9 away losses in a row - 10 if you include Burton Albion, always a tough place to go, as Tranmere Rovers and Hartlepool will attest - leaves me cold. We are supposed to be a Premier League team ffs, presumably capable of competing with the other Premier League teams. Are away matches against the likes of Swansea, Newcastle, Spurs, West Ham, Everton, and Southampton to be considered lost causes from here on in? Ridiculous.
                            Last edited by dsqpr; 27-12-2014, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                              Any team we play away becomes likelier to be in the top 10 thanks to the 3 points we invariably gift them.
                              Really? So Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham, Newcastle, Swansea, Southampton and Everton aren't as likely to be top 10 teams without beating us? C'mon, be serious here. Del is right, we have had the difficult matches away from home, now to turn things around there abit
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                              X