Barlley's goal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barlley's goal

What is all this B***ocks Gary Neville and Garragher on about Barkleys goal it was going wide and it was deflected into the top corner by Isla, they were coming in their pants over it.

it would of gone in anyway, just brushed our mans back, nev and carrager 2 dour chaps have to get excited about something its what they are paid to do

Comment

If you watch the replays the original shot was off target

More ridiculous is the article today (see below) where they ask where does it come in the list of all time premiership goals..

Nonsense!!

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/whe...st-654765.html

Comment

This is the problem with pundits and fans today. They are so easily pleased.

No way was it going in, but that's not to say it wasn't a very good effort.

Would be nice if some of our players could shoot on target and with a bit more ferocity than my cat.

Comment

Waddel had nothing but praise for our performance (other than in the final third); not sure if he meant it or is cos Hoddle is now associated with us?
          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Difficult to say if it was going in or not but one angle looked like it might have been wide. What annoys me is that (like Agueros offside and handball) goal against us they choose to ignore that like it doesn't matter.

Comment

it was going wide, i truly believe we will be fine.
              Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                it was going wide, i truly believe we will be fine.
                agreed, but if not, personally I like the championship so everyone is a winner in my opinion!

Comment

The Conference not so much, if you ask me. If we get relegated that is. Comment to twranger.
                  Last edited by Shania; 16-12-2014, 08:07 PM.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Looks like it was going wide but everyone is eager to hype up Barkley because he is young and English.

He is hugely overrated and I haven't seen him doing anything significant against a good team yet. Deffo a hype job.

Comment

You can make a sort of case for our performance last night but compared to them we were too slow. At certain times they demonstrated a level of intensity and direct goal threat we never got near. Could see the menace and intention on Barkley the minute he started advancing - he was going to smash one, and because he had a pop, he got a break with the deflection. We meandered forward quite bit but never with any direct threat.... It was like we had a vague plan about getting to final third and then it petered out with everyone shying away from shooting unless there was nothing else on and those shots never looked convincing, they were just a swing of the boot.
                      Overall it was like we'd been employed as sparring partners: dancing about, throwing a few moves, jabbing a bit but not allowed to actually smash an upper cut in. Annoyingly, it was all remiscent of the other away games I've been to this season.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                        Difficult to say if it was going in or not but one angle looked like it might have been wide. What annoys me is that (like Agueros offside and handball) goal against us they choose to ignore that like it doesn't matter.
                        i reckon it would have hit the post... dunno where the rebound would have gone.

i think they were so in love with it because there wasn't really that much to get excited about and they needed to focus on something - we largely managed to stop everton playing in the first half without creating much ourselves (i was baffled by all the 'everton deservedly lead at the break' nonsense - 0:0 seemed the deserved half-time score to me).

for what it's worth, i didn't think the second one was on target before the deflection either.

Comment

Barkley is almost as over-rated as Jack Wilshere.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            Funny, isn't it? Can just imagine those two in a midfield behind Connor Wickham.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Wilshere's always injured so hard to tell!

Comment

Working...
                              X