No announcement yet.

our away fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i really do feel football has had its peak support wise n will now start to decrease across the board...see many empty seats at most prem league grounds these days!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
      i really do feel football has had its peak support wise n will now start to decrease across the board...see many empty seats at most prem league grounds these days!
      Was surprised to see empty seats at Derby last night when they faced Chelsea

Comment

Frankly, I reckon a big majority of teams would see their away support wither away if they had to suffer the rubbish we see on the road. Rubbish performances + prem' prices + Sky shunting games = NO FUN!
        One thing I reckon club could consider is instead of laying on free coaches is subsidising the away tickets. How attractive is a free coach that's "dry" and gets you back to West London/The Bush at 3am if you live in Surrey or somewhere? Great if you live near ground or The Target but otherwise not much use. Dunno the figures but judging by accents and conversations I heard on Monday I reckon two-thirds of our fans were "exiles" who'd made their own way there. You have to ask though, even if you live somewhere up there; is £35 to watch that shower an attractive proposition? I know of two Rs fans on Merseyside who weren't there (unless they'd blagged themselves into a box or something) and it hardly surprises me. If they can't be bothered, the Rs scattered further afield up North are probably even more likely to give it a swerve.
        For really diabolical and unattractive games like Monday maybe club could offer free travel AND money off the ticket? After winning the £130 million game in May I can't see how dipping into coffers for £10/20 grand occasionally would hurt and it might encourage some good will, faith and numbers.

Comment

Greatly admire the fans who make long pilgrimages to away matches, other than London derbies I haven't done that for years. Partly its time but tbh even if that weren't the case I don't think I wd make the journey such as Monday night to Liverpool knowing that statistically I am almost certainly going to face a very long, miserable journey home. Full marks to those eternal optimists who travel in hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
            i think we now have no rights to mock others away support.........doubt we'll take 500 to burnley either!
            i was thinking about going. but having a rethink as its a BNP stronghold and not sure how kindly they take to non-whites
            Rangers Til I Die
            follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
              i was thinking about going. but having a rethink as its a BNP stronghold and not sure how kindly they take to non-whites
              All the more reason to go imo. No coincidence that London has for centuries attracted immigrants from all over the globe and is widely regarded as one of the wealthiest/ dynamic/ popular cities in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                Frankly, I reckon a big majority of teams would see their away support wither away if they had to suffer the rubbish we see on the road. Rubbish performances + prem' prices + Sky shunting games = NO FUN!
                One thing I reckon club could consider is instead of laying on free coaches is subsidising the away tickets. How attractive is a free coach that's "dry" and gets you back to West London/The Bush at 3am if you live in Surrey or somewhere? Great if you live near ground or The Target but otherwise not much use. Dunno the figures but judging by accents and conversations I heard on Monday I reckon two-thirds of our fans were "exiles" who'd made their own way there. You have to ask though, even if you live somewhere up there; is £35 to watch that shower an attractive proposition? I know of two Rs fans on Merseyside who weren't there (unless they'd blagged themselves into a box or something) and it hardly surprises me. If they can't be bothered, the Rs scattered further afield up North are probably even more likely to give it a swerve.
                For really diabolical and unattractive games like Monday maybe club could offer free travel AND money off the ticket? After winning the £130 million game in May I can't see how dipping into coffers for £10/20 grand occasionally would hurt and it might encourage some good will, faith and numbers.
                on the whole mate, good post.

but I want to point out that the club are doing just this. Swansea away on a Tuesday night was £25 for my ticket and its clearly printed on the Swansea ticket that list price is £35.
                Premier League office gives each club around 10,000 a season to do these initiatives, so the front office probably just did the maths on free coach and then divided the remaining monies by our allocation to get to the £ discount per ticket.

if anyone still has their everton paper ticket on them, the same can be seen if a discount was done by the club or not
                Rangers Til I Die

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
                  on the whole mate, good post.

but I want to point out that the club are doing just this. Swansea away on a Tuesday night was £25 for my ticket and its clearly printed on the Swansea ticket that list price is £35.
                  Premier League office gives each club around 10,000 a season to do these initiatives, so the front office probably just did the maths on free coach and then divided the remaining monies by our allocation to get to the £ discount per ticket.

if anyone still has their everton paper ticket on them, the same can be seen if a discount was done by the club or not
                  My Everton ticket cost me £37 plus a train up there Monday afternoon and back Tuesday morning and then the hotel and beer etc so not a cheap day out plus the Tuesday morning off work as well

Dont really regret going but rapidly losing the excitement of going these days

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                    My Everton ticket cost me £37 plus a train up there Monday afternoon and back Tuesday morning and then the hotel and beer etc so not a cheap day out plus the Tuesday morning off work as well

Dont really regret going but rapidly losing the excitement of going these days
                    you'll get nothing but admiration from me on that effort Isles.

just meant to Abseits that if your ticket said somewhere on it "Cost: £45", and QPR charged you £35 + £2 conv fee, then the club have subsidized it a tenner like Abseits suggested

fair play to you though, again
                    Rangers Til I Die

Comment

Hate to say this but I hardly ever go to any premier game home or away, it's a miserable existence. I much prefer life in the Championship, call me sad but i dislike the prem with a vengence while we are losing all the time. I loved the 8o's, I went home and away all the time. Football for me really is dead.

A colleague of mine goes to watch non-league matches, proper old school football imo.

Comment

Talking the other day to a mate about why we could afford nearly every away game mid/late nineties and virtually none now . A ticket was about £12-15 train fare to say Norwich £20 and about £1.50 a pint. Treble everything now but damn sure my salary and most other hav'nt gone up 3 fold since then!! Fact... Well apart from facto!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bracknell Neil View Post
                          Talking the other day to a mate about why we could afford nearly every away game mid/late nineties and virtually none now . A ticket was about £12-15 train fare to say Norwich £20 and about £1.50 a pint. Treble everything now but damn sure my salary and most other hav'nt gone up 3 fold since then!! Fact... Well apart from facto!!
                          It's not even the money ,i have better things to do with my time
                          Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by Bracknell Neil View Post
                            not wrong! i was earning just as much back in the mid 90's.... scandalous

Comment

Only missed 2 aways this season (both mid weeks recently), but I have got properly fed up with our performances away. Swerved the Arsenal game and saving me money for the darts on 3rd Jan instead.
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                                Only missed 2 aways this season (both mid weeks recently), but I have got properly fed up with our performances away. Swerved the Arsenal game and saving me money for the darts on 3rd Jan instead.
                                Same missed two this season Everton being one of them. Arsenal was actually quite cheap as prices go mate think paid £30

Comment

Working...
                                X