No announcement yet.

our away fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a stewards but only an 85 game coming up?? Thought it was a bit later but the young foolishness of it all confuses. Went a lot of games every chance 84/85-88/89. All our home/london/juicy games and chelsea,wall,arsenal included. Soundest young lot in those days were millwall-long before all that latest stuff.
    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
      I couldn't give a fiddlers what anybody else thinks about us-fair play to the rangers who made the trip last nite-blinding effort.
      Well said bush, great post.
      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

I'd rather 300 loyal fans than 10,000 tourists who have no clue.
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

I was and id say 300. After Gunners and Burnley I'm giving up my away ST if that's possible? I'm also going to take a year out next season spend my money on few holidays and making the wife happy. Rangers at the moment is a chore and I love them same as you all do but taking my holidays to travel to mid week games has made me rethink Wat makes me happy and football as a whole is boring me to ####. I'm going to gave more dirty weekends away with the wife. Have a new kitchen fitted and blow the rest on angle dust.

Comment

i think we now have no rights to mock others away support.........doubt we'll take 500 to burnley either!
            you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetooth View Post
              I was and id say 300. After Gunners and Burnley I'm giving up my away ST if that's possible? I'm also going to take a year out next season spend my money on few holidays and making the wife happy. Rangers at the moment is a chore and I love them same as you all do but taking my holidays to travel to mid week games has made me rethink Wat makes me happy and football as a whole is boring me to ####. I'm going to gave more dirty weekends away with the wife. Have a new kitchen fitted and blow the rest on angle dust.

bluey thats a cracking post....i admire all those who regularly travel but for me id rather my free time spent with family or doiung something more worthwhile....the craic has gone out of away games imho and sadly will never return!
              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Have not missed a game this season and am going to Arsenal and have trains booked already for Burnley and Stoke but seriously thinking about knocking it on the head for a while after these games as not enjoying as much as I used to do and it is also bloody expensive these days

Am starting to prefer the England away games far more

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                  bluey thats a cracking post....i admire all those who regularly travel but for me id rather my free time spent with family or doiung something more worthwhile....the craic has gone out of away games imho and sadly will never return!
                  Cheers Facto. Your right the cracks has gone.

I just can't keep doing it. I spend far far to much on footie and as the wife keeps telling me we should be spending money on other things. Pinning my hopes on bobby z keeping us up is in its Self a reason to give it all up. I used to be buzzing night before a game now im wishing I wasn't going. The alarm goes of and I'm wishing I could turn it off turn over and have another hour or two. I used to think I was stunch now I think I'm sad spending my whole life planing for our next game. How she put up with being second for 20 odd years is a mystery. I need a year away but like drink or best drugs is easier said than done.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                    Have not missed a game this season and am going to Arsenal and have trains booked already for Burnley and Stoke but seriously thinking about knocking it on the head for a while after these games as not enjoying as much as I used to do and it is also bloody expensive these days

I have trains booked for Stoke and Sunderland but will probably give to sons mate. Paul do you know if I can stop away ST?

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post

You say the same thing every season Isleworth. The bug is to deeply ingrained mate.

You'll be there this, next & the season after that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetooth View Post
                        I have trains booked for Stoke and Sunderland but will probably give to sons mate. Paul do you know if I can stop away ST?
                        Yes you can as I did it a couple of years ago as gor fed up being charged an extra £3.50 a ticket and my mate started collecting them for me

Comment

Been quite a few away games this season & you're right things have changed a lot.

Spurs - Rubbish

Man Utd- most boring away day ever

Southampton away - p!ssed up little idiots who can't hold their liquor arguing with people who had young kids with them who didn't appreciate these fools standing in front of them all game.

West Ham - awful away atmosphere probably due to terrible performance

Newcastle - good turn out but again virtually silent. Seeing loads of faces I've never seen before just mute.

Used to hate missing away games. Miss one now & I couldn't care less. Eases the pain that bit more as we lose every week.

Comment

Couldn't make it due to having to work during the day after it was moved to Monday night, tried to give my ticket away for nothing but no takers. Sounded very quiet from both sides until they scored but then still not much.

There will be a lot more of this with PL games moving to Friday nights as well.

Comment

Thanks for that Paul ill get xmas out the way if I still feel the same ill cancel.

Comment

Some interesting comments on this thread.

I wonder what the major reason is for the slow but sure decline in away support.

Is it we always roll over and lose after yet another pathetic performance?

Cost?

Games keep being switched to random days and/or times?

Probably a combination of them all, but I can see that good performances and a reasonable accumulation of away points would lessen the impact of the other two.

Probably a blessing in disguise as it might make the powers that be wake up to what we have been going through. West Actons post on another thread showing our PL away stats makes alarming reading, if it wasn't blindingly obvious anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X