Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans vs Manager

Who get's it right more often?

I remember 'Hoilett', fans wanted him so bad, not really lived up to it.

Just wanted to know which players did the manager want so bad and which ones we fans wanted?

Was Phillips not another one the fans wanted?

Rio was Harry's No.1, he may still have a part to play?

But then you have Dunne, I think Harry wins here and Henry, again Harry wanted him whilst fans wanted him out.

From what you've written:

I think Hoilett was wanted by a large percentage of the fans. He looked good at blackburn and to an extent started quite well for us under hughes. but after our disastrous run he never recovered and consistently skipped past 2/3 players to only fluff his shot/cross.

Phillips to my knowledge was never really 'wanted' more that once we was linked fans was on board to give him a go. There was a time last season around this time last year where people had Phillips as our number 2 'best player' behind austin. But as soon as he got injured that was it. He hasn't come back. He started slowly for us then had a great run, scoring a few and assistant a couple for austin. So far all i've seen is somebody who is scared to attack. Concerned too much about making a mistake or giving the ball away.

Rio similar to Phillips - wouldn't say many fans wanted him - everybody knew he was coming to the end of his career and wouldn't likely be up for the scrap that we'd be in.

Henry and Dunne are definitely the surprises this season. But I put that down to finding a settled back four and Henry being able to play his natural game which is to defend and play it simple. Barton tries to do too much and often gives the ball away.
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
      Who get's it right more often?

I remember 'Hoilett', fans wanted him so bad, not really lived up to it.

Just wanted to know which players did the manager want so bad and which ones we fans wanted?

Was Phillips not another one the fans wanted?

Rio was Harry's No.1, he may still have a part to play?

But then you have Dunne, I think Harry wins here and Henry, again Harry wanted him whilst fans wanted him out.
      Wouldn't you expect the fans to get it wrong more often than the manager though? If not, pay me £3million a year and I'll manage QPR. Stating that Redknapp has more footballing knowledge than the average fan doesn't mean he is the right man for the job.

Comment

Working...
      X