Redknapp must go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
    I have never liked HR but I've also got 0% faith in the board's ability to appoint a good successor. We are a poorly run club at almost every level.

This season has been a slow motion car crash.
    Well then, there is no worry there, we probably won't cause much damage if any at the end of the crash
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      But you do understand that this is just a you being a minority trying to be loud until you get your way? I think it is clear that most people want him to stay, one would say the majority as shown by plenty of polls on this site and many others. But because that isn't what you want, you are looking to be the loudest for no reason? I don't know about you but to me, that just seems unfair.
      Are you sure Nasser?

I seem to recall a poll about this very matter, across a far wider fanbase than just this board, where almost 80% of respondents wanted him gone sharpish.

I have to say though, that despite being of the opinion that he has been pretty awful for us in this division and far worse than most were expecting, I would be very happy to see him guide us up the table towards safety and eat humble pie.

Comment

Wesl London sport done a poll few weeks back & 82% wanted him replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
          This.

I wanted him sacked after West Ham personally as that was the right time for me.

Nice guy, incompetent manager. Great post Godfather. You'll get all the happy clappers against you but a lot of the realists will agree. Only thing I will agree against you was possibly the timing of the post. (2 months to late IMO)
          Not all that happy clapper v realist stuff again...
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

We are playing better now, as a team, than at any other point this season. Even the commentators are picking up on this reality, and have gone from describing QPR/our style of play as horrible to promising. I liked Harry's attempt to inject pace into the squad v Everton, giving the home team's recent troubles stopping goals AND our Austin-less lineup. Love Hoilett's speed, but why can't he develop any kind of shot after a few years in the league? Would look for a young, speedy forward in January, a midfielder with BOTH speed and touch, and a RB to back up Isla.

Comment

Very articulate OP and I certainly share the godfather's opinion of HR. But with that said, at the end of the day it is what is best for QPR that matters. I'm not sure that giving him the tin tack right now would be best for us. I think it's too late so let's just see how the season plays out. Performances have improved and I thought we were unlucky against Everton. However, 0-0-8 away from home is appalling and the blame sits squarely in HR's lap. Personally, I can't quite make up my mind whether we are going down or staying up, it is pretty much a coin toss for me.

See how I managed to give my opinion without making any bell end comments about posters who support HR?
              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                What differentiates that face with the look of unhappiness at individual mistakes. To say that it is them having an issue with tactics is just you making an assumption. I could just as easily say that I saw a look of disappointment on players faces when they saw how unlucky we were to deflect that free kick into the net. Who would suggest that they were angry with the tactics?
                the assumption being too many passes were going over the head of Vargas and Hoilett, if you are going to play small forwards play 100% to their feet. I would have played Bobby from the start, that way Vargas and Hoilett would feed off him. Thing is, I can't believe some think that was a decent performance
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Agree in main with original posting. Two stark statistics say it all.

Firstly an under 20% success rate in the Premiership. Absolutely appalling and no real excuse for it. He inherited Hughes squad but if anything actually made them worse. Tactics and team selections poor a lot of the time.

Secondly our away form this season. If we lose the next away game that will make us jointly with Bolton the worst ever start to a Premiership season. Take a moment to think about that. The WORST EVER. That is inexcusable. Some of the performances have not been that bad but you can't really argue with that rather bleak record.

Last season I agree we mainly got promoted in spite of 'Arry.

All that said I would be nervous about letting him go right now. We are on a run of winnable home games and are grinding out results at Loftus Road. It is vital we continue that over next few games. A change in management could just as easily have an adverse as a positive impact. Sensibly, in my view, we stick with him unless things take a turn for the worse and replace him in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                    Wesl London sport done a poll few weeks back & 82% wanted him replaced.
                    The fickleness of football fans eh!

Comment

Working...
                    X