Redknapp must go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
    I think the main reason we lost is the technical limiatation of our wingers (Hoilett and Phillips). They are just not good enough and need to be replaced. Nothing wrong with Harry's tactics he had no other choices. He can't keep the same style of defending like the previous games. He had to try a new thing.
    I agree Yousef. Harry's tactics were actually reasonable last night. I think all the pundits agreed. The problem was, Phillips and Hoillet, unfortunately, are just not good enough. They both have pace, Hoilet has some skill, but extremely poor decision making and a dreadful shot, and Phillips lacks enough skill alongside his pace to get past opponents. I guess one could argue then that why would Harry use a formation like he did. Well, I'm not sure he had that many better options for Everton. I guess he felt he'd also give these guys another chance to prove themselves. Didn't happen.

Oh and the 3 EVerton goals - all deflections. Pretty unlucky.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
      Surprise, surprise.
      Does that mean your relentless criticism of him bears no credence then
      The proof is in the pudding.
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
        The proof is in the pudding.
        It's in the eating but I know what you meant.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
          What a post, but completely the wrong time to post it. I thought we played well, and went 2-0 down to a quality strike and a free kick - both caused by individual mistakes. 3rd goal - also poor mistake. Apart from the 3 incidents, I thought we looked fluid and imaginative, we pressed and we always looked to move forward. I didnt feel we were uncomfortable at any stage, despite the scoreline.

I'm optimistic tonight, which is generally not how I normally feel after an away defeat.
          I'm with you on this one, we didn't expect to win and two of their goals were luck. Our passing and shooting was awful at times, however we were not as bad as some make us out to be.

I think Harry needs this one last window, and then decide in the summer. Don't think we'll go down and still think we'll pick up more away wins then last time here.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
            I dont think you are looking close enough.....

haha Ok 14 points - We are doomed lol

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
              I'm with you on this one, we didn't expect to win...
              I did, strange as it may seem.

Comment

I did, strange as it may seem.
                You didnt, its just more trolling. Why would anybody expect us to win with our recent record? Especially the most negative man ever to say they are a fan of the club.

I will never moan again when it goes pin drop silent after a home win. Didnt realise how much i enjoyed it till last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  You didnt, its just more trolling.
                  You don't have a clue, do you. You are just out to get me. We can't go on losing away, it does not make any sense, logically or statistically. I even had money riding on our win/draw last night, I was that sure. Take a chill pill and find another victim on this forum or another one, up to you right now.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    Once again, people hop on the blame redknapp bandwagon when we lose away from home. The fact that the lowest placed side in the league we have played was Everton should highlight the difficulty of our away start. In fact, there is only 1 team who we have yet to play away from home in the top half of the home table and that is man city. Everyone, including Everton we have played is in the top half of the home table, with the only exception being Tottenham. When Redknapp was playing a solid defensively team with the aim of getting a point against the big teams, he gets marauded on here. When he changes the style and panders to the armchair managers and loses because it clearly could never work, HE and not the players get the brunt of the blame. With us not having a set of consecutive home matches, how can he constantly play Bobby Zamora at this point of the season like people want him to. We can say he should have bought a Zamora replacement but who honestly thought that we would use him as well as we have. SO come January, I believe Redknapp will get someone in his style of play to replace him away from home.

Next is the fact that we have played some - and I highlight the use of the word some - teams as things change for them. Look at Spurs when they started the season and how well they were playing, Man Utd as they had made their Marquee signings, Southampton near the top of the table, West Ham during the turn of their renaissance, Newcastle during their unstoppable winning run. Yes, the performances haven't been great but to blame that on Redknapp when no matter what he does, we can't win perhaps that is the wrong thing to focus on. Perhaps we have to look at the poor performances on the pitch during those matches.

At Tottenham, our defense and in particular Isla were poor, at Man Utd it was Ferdinand, the same can be said for Southampton, West Ham was the entire team being poor, we actually played well against Chelsea and deserved more, same goes for Newcastle, at Swansea Barton was disappointing but needed recovery time from his injury and today, Dunne and Green had off games while Mutch and Phillips were purely unacceptable. So perhaps look at them rather than the manager. Everyone during the match when we concede will go and blame a player and they are right to, it is individual mistakes that cost us, not the manager. All I hear is Barton misplaced this, Green miskicked that, X should have defended Y better. Fair enough, but then the same people go to blame the manager for individual errors? It just seems really harsh to me.

People complain about no attacking, we had more shots than Everton by four and only one less on target than them. We gave away unnecessary free kicks around the box and that cost us because not only did they score from one, but it broke up the rhythm when it happened. The manager didn't concede those fouls, the players did. Thats my opinion anyways
                    Nasser yet again a top post mate
                    oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

You don't have a clue, do you. You are just out to get me. We can't go on losing away, it does not make any sense, logically or statistically. I even had money riding on our win/draw last night, I was that sure. Take a chill pill and find another victim on this forum or another one, up to you right now.
                      Please dont throw me off your site, im pleading, no im begging you.

Comment

Every away game we've played have been top 8 sides, what do you expect?

Comment

Lose away to Burnley and he has to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            Please dont throw me off your site, im pleading, no im begging you.
                            Don't beg - just behave. Bashing fellow-fans won't solve our current predicament because it is not the fault of fellow-fans.

Comment

I agree with the general sentiments of the OP

Comment

Congratulations on the most ironic post of 2014.

Comment

Working...
                                X