Barton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    Said the same after the Leicester game and got slated. Personally dont think hes up to it in the PL.

Who Sandro?

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
      Who Sandro?
      Barton
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

The biggest gripe I have with Barton is why does he ake most of our free kicks and set plays!! He's got a shocking delivery and shot on him.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          The biggest gripe I have with Barton is why does he ake most of our free kicks and set plays!! He's got a shocking delivery and shot on him.
          Hard to disagree with this but Mutch's corners were no better. We only really have Kranjcar who can deliver a decent set piece in my opinion.

Comment

barton has earned a great living from football , racehorses , big house in kew , lets face it he's a spoiler every team needs one or two of them . he always trys hard thats why i wont knock him and to blame him for the goals last night is unfair . at least he wants the ball or trys to get it . blame fer , mutch , hoilett and most of all phillips what impact did any of these fellas have on the game

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              he always trys hard
              Unfortunately the cruel reality is just being able to "try hard" will get you found out and punished in the PL. In the main I agree with you about him and I don't like to knock players who give 100% either but IMO he doesn't play to his strengths enough, and by the same token doesn't accept his limitations enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                Unfortunately the cruel reality is just being able to "try hard" will get you found out and punished in the PL. In the main I agree with you about him and I don't like to knock players who give 100% either but IMO he doesn't play to his strengths enough, and by the same token doesn't accept his limitations enough.
                he thinks he is better than he is , was the same myself on a sunday morning when i played many years ago. but for now he's the best of an average lot

Comment

From MOM last weekend bar Green to labelled 'not good enough' this week by our own fans... you couldn't make it up!!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                    From MOM last weekend bar Green to labelled 'not good enough' this week by our own fans... you couldn't make it up!!
                    I disagreed to be fair. Think hes had one decent game since coming back from injury.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                      yes!! this. I've said it here time and time again. and like mush's reply, Niko is our only top set plays man.
                      in fact the only thing hoopdogg/stanley and mush agree on is that Niko is PL level and consistent. So then why isnt he a mainstay in the starting 11? Only reason I can see hes on the bench is because he was plump and out of shape, but we've seen that that isnt true this season.

niko in! (barton out... or at least on the bench)
                      Rangers Til I Die
                      follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

I mention all these arguments about Barton a few weeks ago. I have nothing against him as he is a fighter and win a lot of tackles. However, he is not reliable enough as at one stage or another, he loose concentration and make a silly and 'costly' mistakes. Overall he is good, but those few seconds he loose his concentration, we are done as he always loose the ball just in front of our penalty area. I compared him to Rio and said then that like Rio, he may also needs to be dropped. Give me Sandro and Henry in the middle together with Fer and we will be ok. Maybe he is the away problem!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                          One person may have said he was MOM last week so not right to make such a sweeping statement is it?

Multi millionaire footballers are not immune to a bit of criticism now and again believe it or not.

He's been average at best & I'm a big Barton fan.

Comment

I think its fair to let Barton be the new scapegoat and be blamed for all our away defeats. Rios just a long distant and bad memory now, so we need someone, and joeys big enough and ugly enough to take it on the chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              I think its fair to let Barton be the new scapegoat and be blamed for all our away defeats. Rios just a long distant and bad memory now, so we need someone, and joeys big enough and ugly enough to take it on the chin.
                              Another sarcastic daft response from yourself. What a shock.

Comment

It wasnt actually, he was pish poor and very sloppy and hasnt been anywhere near as good as henry has been this season since he came back from injury. So he can get a bit of a bashing for a change.
                                Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 17-12-2014, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X