Barton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barton

He was to blame for Everton's first two goals. The first he once again gave away possession cheaply with a bad pass; and the 2nd he needlessly fouled Naismith on the edge of our area.

I know he's a big hero to many on here but I think they need a slight reality check on him WRT his consistency at this level.

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    He was to blame for Everton's first two goals. The first he once again gave away possession cheaply with a bad pass; and the 2nd he needlessly fouled Naismith on the edge of our area.

I know he's a big hero to many on here but I think they need a slight reality check on him WRT his consistency at this level.
    Showing his love for the toffees tonight Stan.
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

As I have said before, Barton is all about Barton, he thinks he is ball playing midfielder ��, if Henry had played two of those goals would have been avoided, for the first time, I can see what Harry is trying to do, with Barton in the team he will never achieve it.

I know a few on here will think I am nuts but I thought we put together a few good passing movements, I think we will be ok, a bit of pace up top and we will be fine.
      Kept the faith!

Comment

Always said he's dodgy...he spends far too much time on the ball and goes for risky passes...gives me a heart attack everytime he's spinning round in circles with 2/3 players on him in his own half deciding where to pass it. He was like this in the championship too, but is being found out in the prem. Great captain. But would rather Henry there...maybe not as good on the technical side of things but gets the job done and plays it simple.
        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
          He was like this in the championship too, but is being found out in the prem.
          Exactly my point. He's capable of the odd superstar ball but he's no Kranjcar in that dept. Good at tackling, has a good engine and rarely gets injured but for me he just makes too many mistakes to be a regular CM at this level, and as proved tonight he's handed them their opening two goals which killed the game off as a contest.

Personally I think he's too distracted by all his off the field activities and his own hype which detracts too much from what he should be 100% focused on i.e. being a professional footballer in what is a very short career. Plenty of time for all his other interests after he hangs his boots up.
          Last edited by Stanley; 16-12-2014, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Exactly my point. He's capable of the odd superstar ball but he's no Kranjcar in that dept. Good at tackling, has a good engine and rarely gets injured but for me he just makes too many mistakes to be a regular CM at this level, and as proved tonight he's handed them their opening two goals which killed the game off as a contest.

Personally I think he's too distracted by all his off the field activities and his own hype which detracts too much from what he should be 100% focused on i.e. being a professional footballer in what is a very short career. Plenty of time for all his other interests after he hangs his boots up.
            On his day, he can be brilliant.
            Started off the season well, and could be a key player this season.
            Loves commenting about other footballers performances on Twitter, which is all good to comment,
            But don't comment on others, when you need to be looking at yourself first.

Same with Rio, picking up a wage and loves commenting about others, yet can't even make our starting eleven!!
            They are paid good wages to perform on the field for the club.
            We don't care about who Barton now hates, or Rio's latest Baseball Cap!!!

Starting to get really p*ssed off with our Experienced a Professionals now.

Comment

Absolutely ridiculous post.

First goal, Barkley hit a shot almost any keeper in the PL couldn't save, but also Onuha could have got tighter to Barkley so he didn't have time to hit a shot no-one could have expected to score from.

We had one great goal against, one unlucky rebound and one stupid defensive error....blame anyone you like but Barton, for me, weren't that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                First goal, Barkley hit a shot almost any keeper in the PL couldn't save, but also Onuha could have got tighter to Barkley so he didn't have time to hit a shot no-one could have expected to score from.
                We're talking about before that: what led up to it. We were in possession and Barton once again makes a sloppy pass to concede possession. That's what led up to their first goal.

Then the 2nd goal was a totally needless retaliatory foul on Naismith on the edge of our area.

Watch Redknapp's post-match conference. Even he admits their opening goals were caused by needless mistakes - he said everything except name the culprit, which of course he shouldn't single players out, as the manager.

Comment

We're talking about before that: what led up to it. We were in possession and Barton once again makes a sloppy pass to concede possession. That's what led up to their first goal.

Then the 2nd goal was a totally needless retaliatory foul on Naismith on the edge of our area.

Watch Redknapp's post-match conference. Even he admits their opening goals were caused by needless mistakes - he said everything except name the culprit, which of course he shouldn't single players out, as the manager.
                  Nope..not for me can it be Barton's fault entirely.

1st goal...he lost the ball but there are 4 or 5 players to mop up. Onuha should have been tighter to barkley but he hit a worldy...no-one could have seen or saved that

2nd goal..deflection of Vargas that if it hadn't have hit him then Green would most likely have covered. Blame the foul all you like but if that hadn't gone in no-one would remember it would they?

Comment

not for me can it be Barton's fault entirely.
                    I'm not saying they were his fault entirely, I'm saying that both were his initial mistakes which led to the goals; and that this is indicative and typical of his general inconsistent standard of play at PL level. He is simply too error-prone.

Comment

I'm not saying they were his fault entirely, I'm saying that both were his initial mistakes which led to the goals; and that this is indicative and typical of his general inconsistent standard of play at PL level. He is simply too error-prone.
                      So who are our consistent PL level midfielders then ?

Comment

So who are our consistent PL level midfielders then ?
                        Henry, Fer, Kranjcar, Sandro (when fit) are all more consistent than Barton.

Comment

Henry, Fer, Kranjcar, Sandro (when fit) are all more consistent than Barton.
                          Bar Henry, I dont agree but we'll see at the end of the season.

For the record, if Sandro can play more than 2 games in a row then I will take that all day long

Comment

Bar Henry, I dont agree but we'll see at the end of the season.

For the record, if Sandro can play more than 2 games in a row then I will take that all day long
                            If Sandro was fit, I would like to have seen Sandro, Fer and Henry tonight.

Comment

Said the same after the Leicester game and got slated. Personally dont think hes up to it in the PL.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2