People here are a bit on the Ridiculous side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    We went out and played for a draw at Everton and Chelsea did we... don't think so...

In addition you cant give stats for away games in the last 3 seasons and then say our last away point was at reading, when we won countless games away from home last season?
    We never went out to win at Everton mate five in the middle and man up top on his own is not going out to win its going out to contain. Its not a bad tactic if your able to pull it off in all honesty but so far this season we have shown that were not good enough to simply try and hold out so better off going down in a blaze of glory. Chelsea in fairness I thought we had a proper go and bloodied their nose for parts of the game so no complaints about our effort at the bridge

Comment

We had 1 forward (Vargas), 2 wingers (Phillips, Hoilett) and 1 in the hole (Mutch). That is not defensive.

Problem is the personnel. Vargas is too small to be a target, Hoilett can't cross, Phillips is struggling to do anything and Mutch is a clueless tart.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        We had 1 forward (Vargas), 2 wingers (Phillips, Hoilett) and 1 in the hole (Mutch). That is not defensive.

Problem is the personnel. Vargas is too small to be a target, Hoilett can't cross, Phillips is struggling to do anything and Mutch is a clueless tart.
        ...the beautiful English language can evoke such wisdom at times can't it!

Comment

Mush just because players picked are classed as attacking don't mean that the game we played is attacking if the tactics they are sent out to apply are defensive.

Its the same as naming a starting 11 of all CF don't mean its an attacking line up if you don't actually attack that's what were lacking away we don't attack teams we try and contain them so if your going to pick Hoillet and Phillips give them the license to play further up the field: every time we had the ball how often do we attack and break with numbers???? we don't so no matter how many attack minded players you name in the 11 unless there actually allowed to play to their strengths its not attacking

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            We never went out to win at Everton mate five in the middle and man up top on his own is not going out to win its going out to contain. Its not a bad tactic if your able to pull it off in all honesty but so far this season we have shown that were not good enough to simply try and hold out so better off going down in a blaze of glory. Chelsea in fairness I thought we had a proper go and bloodied their nose for parts of the game so no complaints about our effort at the bridge
            We didn't go out to win at Everton?!!!

Mate we had more fvcking attacks on goal THAN Everton?! Played with 2 quick wingers and Fer in the whole.. if that does smack you in the face of the looks of a team going out to win a game then I don't know what will!.. You also had Mutch and Barton in there, who aren't exactly holding midfielders!

If we were going out to 'contain' then Henry would of played instead of Mutch perhaps

If you honestly think, that we didn't go out to win that game looking at the stats, possession and team line up then you are deluded.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              We didn't go out to win at Everton?!!!

Mate we had more fvcking attacks on goal THAN Everton?! Played with 2 quick wingers and Fer in the whole.. if that does smack you in the face of the looks of a team going out to win a game then I don't know what will!.. You also had Mutch and Barton in there, who aren't exactly holding midfielders!

If we were going out to 'contain' then Henry would of played instead of Mutch perhaps

If you honestly think, that we didn't go out to win that game looking at the stats, possession and team line up then you are deluded.
              Totally missed the point mate. If I take 100 shots from the half way line the stats will show we had more shots then the opposition but none of those shots realistically will have had any bearing on the match. Yes we had few shots at Everton but most of them ended up in the crowd

We clearly have differing expectations of what attacking away from home and having a go is. If you are satisfied with Monday's effort against a side that had struggled at home before we turned up then cool with that I however personally think that effort was as poor as what went before it and simply naming wingers and attacking players in your team don't mean squat unless you allow them to express themselves.

Don't actually know stats from game but am going to take a look based on what you have said above and will expect to have seen us wiped the floor with Everton in the stats other then the one that actually matters goals scored

Comment

Totally missed the point mate. If I take 100 shots from the half way line the stats will show we had more shots then the opposition but none of those shots realistically will have had any bearing on the match. Yes we had few shots at Everton but most of them ended up in the crowd

We clearly have differing expectations of what attacking away from home and having a go is. If you are satisfied with Monday's effort against a side that had struggled at home before we turned up then cool with that I however personally think that effort was as poor as what went before it and simply naming wingers and attacking players in your team don't mean squat unless you allow them to express themselves.

Don't actually know stats from game but am going to take a look based on what you have said above and will expect to have seen us wiped the floor with Everton in the stats other then the one that actually matters goals scored
                2 deflections and an own goal won the game for them.. other than that did they trouble Green? Don't think so. Possession stat was also very similar.
                If your expecting to go up to Everton on Monday night football and get something if your QPR, then its optimistic.. Arsenal hardly ever win there. Im not with you on your opinion at all. If they were teams around us then I might be of the same opinion but they aren't.. there established prem teams playing in Europe.

I think your expectations are set way too high.. win the home games against teams around us and get points away from home, from the teams around us then we will be fine.

Comment

I agree that expectations in general on here can be on the high side....that's why so many on here go off on one after a defeat.imo.
                  we as qpr fans need to know our place and standard in the prem league and adjust expectations accordingly. When we are in the champs, expectations are high and quite rightly so. Having the same expectations in the prem is honestly ridiculous and that's why people get uptight when things don't go as they want. Expect the worse and there will be no disappointment...saves a lot unwarranted stress and anger.....imo.

Comment

Thank you Doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Manx Hoop View Post
                      Thank you Doctor.
                      ...but I'm right though eh!

Comment

I am not one that support Harry, however, how on earth he is to blame for the individual mistakes by our mid-fielders. I watch quite a lot of Premier league matches and there are not many team that make the amount of mistakes that we do. I mean, apart from the deflections of the three goals, all three goals came from stupid mistakes. Barton loosing possession, Barton fouling just outside our penalty area for no reason and then Green helped out by Dunne. What can be said? Could Harry or any other Manager stop such mistakes. Are we good enough or not?

Comment

Mush just because players picked are classed as attacking don't mean that the game we played is attacking if the tactics they are sent out to apply are defensive.

Its the same as naming a starting 11 of all CF don't mean its an attacking line up if you don't actually attack that's what were lacking away we don't attack teams we try and contain them so if your going to pick Hoillet and Phillips give them the license to play further up the field: every time we had the ball how often do we attack and break with numbers???? we don't so no matter how many attack minded players you name in the 11 unless there actually allowed to play to their strengths its not attacking
                          The set up was with an attacking side on the counter. 2 wingers, 1 striker and a supporting midfielder. Meant we could pack the midfield when defending but break with pace on the wings. As I say again, we just didn't have the personnel to do this effectively enough.

Comment

I agree with the vargas and hoileett comments. Much prefer vargas on the wing. He's so much more effective there and we missed Charlie upfront. As for Phillips and Mutch I keep saying but we must remember they are out of from and both coming back from injuries.

We wont se the best of them until they get a run of games imo they need to build of confidence and understanding with their team mates. If Mutch rediscovers his form from last year we got a quality player there and same with phillips who I think is very much of a confidence player. If he can just have one game maybe set a goal up or ping one in again hes a very good player.

Comment

Working...
                            X