No announcement yet.

Things We've Learned Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why dig out Barton when Mutch did f*ck all?

Comment

Three players played last night that haven't been regulars, Hoilett Mutch and Phillips. We drop probably our most consistent player, Henry. We started with just one striker and don't possess a regular goal scoring midfielder.

I think the team selection and tactics were all wrong. Easy to say after the event, but surely HR should have seen this coming.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Agree with Zamora and Vargas upfront If Austin cannot play but the problem is Zamora cannot be risked for 90mins specially we need him in home games. I fully understand why Harry didn't start him.

As for Joey, the best replacement for him is Sandro who is unofortunately injured.

Phillips and Hoilet should be offloaded in January and be replaced by better wingers unless Adel gets back to his old good form which I very much doubt (in this case perhaps one winger is needed).

We should also get rid of Mutch and use the money on the wingers. No need to replace him as we have Niko.

All the above 3 will attract a host of Championship clubs.
        Last edited by Yousef; 16-12-2014, 07:09 AM.
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
          Phillips is Not shite
          Since he got injured at Yeovil last year he is a shadow of a player. For a big guy he is a giant pansy, bottles every challenge, token jumps for headers, doesn't take his man on despite having the pace to do so, doesn't shoot and doesn't cross. For a winger it's pretty bad not to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
            It was him arsing up the 10 yard passes that started the rot tonight. It was about the third or fourth pass misplaced that led to the first goal.

The thing is, a player like Henry is aware of his limitations and adjusts his game accordingly, Barton thinks he's better than he is.
            This is actually bang on.

Comment

Would it have been better had Henry been in the starting line up rather than Mutch?

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                Would it have been better had Henry been in the starting line up rather than Mutch?
                No
                QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Watched most of it again this morning. Things i learnt are that henry should always start over barton or mutch. Phillips and Hoilett are so far away from being prem players its shocking. Zamora is the only player with enough football intelligence to adapt to playing prem clubs away from home in our team. Vargas isnt a loan striker and is so much better playing along side chaz after isla feeds him the ball down the flanks. The chief is not the answer to marshall our defence and dunne looks like he could do with a rest.
                  Bit im sure they will all raise their game against wba and we will get another home win at the weekend and things will look so so much better than they do today.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Watched most of it again this morning. Things i learnt are that henry should always start over barton or mutch. Phillips and Hoilett are so far away from being prem players its shocking. Zamora is the only player with enough football intelligence to adapt to playing prem clubs away from home in our team. Vargas isnt a loan striker and is so much better playing along side chaz after isla feeds him the ball down the flanks. The chief is not the answer to marshall our defence and dunne looks like he could do with a rest.
                    Bit im sure they will all raise their game against wba and we will get another home win at the weekend and things will look so so much better than they do today.
                    I believe we performed well last night... The only changes I would of made would of been... Henry for Mutch and Niko for Phillips, if BZ wasn't going to start.
                    Saying that.. I do like Phillips and want him to do well... I thought Hoilett played OK, he tracked back well and was an outlet for us.

I think I watched a different game to most though but looks of things

Comment

I don't think we were as bad as some think , miss Sandro in there badly , Barton always takes time after a lay off to get up to speed , Holiet , if he had a final ball would be devastating scares defenders to death with his pace but always lets you down at the final hurdle with his decision making , definitely wouldn't sell him in Jan, Phillips is not a premier league player imo , good championship player but well out of his depth in the top flight. I would also keep Mutch think there's a player in there somewhere although last night he was pretty shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Cant argue with that Kev.... although 1 thing I will say is Vargas's best position for me is on the wing, linking up with Isla and cutting in. Obviously that wasnt an option yesterday as he was our 1st choice striker. But agree he cant play the lone striker role.... Also thought Fer had a good game, particularly the second half, seemed to be everywhere.
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                          I don't think we were as bad as some think , miss Sandro in there badly , Barton always takes time after a lay off to get up to speed , Holiet , if he had a final ball would be devastating scares defenders to death with his pace but always lets you down at the final hurdle with his decision making , definitely wouldn't sell him in Jan, Phillips is not a premier league player imo , good championship player but well out of his depth in the top flight. I would also keep Mutch think there's a player in there somewhere although last night he was pretty shocking.
                          whether this is right or wrong, i am tired of excuses like this. We can't give up a cap in that position for a few games while he "gets up to speed". do that at training or reserve games. plain and simple he is not as good as many on here hail him to be. i would much rather Niko
                          Rangers Til I Die
                          follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Working...
                          X