Better this time round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Lost to a cracking goal in a game that looked destined for a boring nil nil draw.
    a well taken goal but could have been prevented if the defenders (especially Onuoha) had made a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
      Sugarcoat it as much as you like. The fact is after 12 games we are the worst team in that league and are bottom. Every team will say we should have had points here or if this had happened etc then we would be better off. Table does not lie though.

Performance wise we have been so much better over the last 5 or so games but that means nothing if you don't turn it into points. When we are out of the bottom 3 and we have more points than at least 3 teams below us then yes it will be better this time around.

Am not usually so negative but i got splashed by a truck and it messed up my hair.
      On the other hand, the fact is it is impossible to compare like for like and arrive at the conclusion that we are the worst team statistically until all teams have played each other at least once. We have pretty much played the top half of the table, have 4 home games coming against some of our competitors and if you look at our record against those that will be around us that we've already played, we have hope - beaten Sunderland and Villa. Feasibly, we can win at home to each of Leicester, Burnley, WBA and Palace too- so it's too early to say we are the worstd that assessment needs to wait until half way
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        a well taken goal but could have been prevented if the defenders (especially Onuoha) had made a challenge.
        Sandro would have done it for them.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          "Onuoha is brilliant, just needs a run, Harry is insane and doesn´t know his best team " Is what you usually hear around here.
          https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Our problem is that we historically don't do well v teams around us, remember the games v Wolves, Norwich, etc last time out, the saving grace was beating some of the better teams- Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool which so far we've lost to.

I doubt we will beat any of WBA, Palace, Burnley or Leicester. They all have more fight about them even though we may have 'better' players. They all are very close knitted teams, more so than us.

Hope I'm proved wrong
            22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post
              Our problem is that we historically don't do well v teams around us, remember the games v Wolves, Norwich, etc last time out, the saving grace was beating some of the better teams- Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool which so far we've lost to.

I doubt we will beat any of WBA, Palace, Burnley or Leicester. They all have more fight about them even though we may have 'better' players. They all are very close knitted teams, more so than us.

Hope I'm proved wrong
              I hope your wrong too? sadly I feel your correct we seem to raise our game against the so called bigger teams with plenty of fight in us, but come to the other teams we seem to just amble through games with little fight or passion, we really need to win the next 4 home games? but like you I'm not sure, I think these teams will out battle us, seems there's a perception from other clubs we're all mercenaries and dont have the stomach for a fight, other than Adel and his gut & Ar** is big enough for for the whole team,

Comment

As said, one game can make the league look a whole lot different.

Each game at a time, need to fix our away form and pick up the odd point when we can.

Comment

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post

Hope I'm proved wrong
                  One wrong mr grim reaper, three to go.

Comment

We wont win every game and we will probably lose games of which we feel we should be winning easily.

BUT, we also will pick up points (Like against ManCity) that we dont expect to get.

Its a long season, but we are in with a chance but our run of games until the new year is going to be very important. We had a hard start playing many of the top teams away from home and also playing the likes of West Ham and Saints who are having very good seasons.

Pick up a few more points before Christmas and we may just have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                      As said, one game can make the league look a whole lot different.

Each game at a time, need to fix our away form and pick up the odd point when we can.
                      I know we have no points away from home, but I still think we'll pick up more points away from home then last time.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                        I know we have no points away from home, but I still think we'll pick up more points away from home then last time.
                        I agree, slowly but surely we are learning how to do better away from Home.

Scorelines are getting smaller and we are occasionally scoring.

Comment

I agree, slowly but surely we are learning how to do better away from Home.

Scorelines are getting smaller and we are occasionally scoring.
                          That is it and everyone can see the big improvements we've made. I know we're a few short but this is the strongest QPR side I've seen for a very very long time. The window opens next month so we'll get even stronger, just hope we don't pick up any knocks this month.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                            That is it and everyone can see the big improvements we've made. I know we're a few short but this is the strongest QPR side I've seen for a very very long time. The window opens next month so we'll get even stronger, just hope we don't pick up any knocks this month.
                            Agreed MYU!

Im not getting carried away in the slightest, I totally understand that if we lose tomorrow then we could potentially be bottom again.

But its within our hands to do well and push on.

It is very very tight currently, no real list of teams who will be in the relegation battle yet. (however we could make a rough guess)

Comment

Agreed MYU!

Im not getting carried away in the slightest, I totally understand that if we lose tomorrow then we could potentially be bottom again.

It is very very tight currently, no real list of teams who will be in the relegation battle yet. (however we could make a rough guess)
                              The bit in bold above... Glad the manager and players think in the same way or we'd be bottom if they had no hope.

Comment

Agreed MYU!

So true about it being tight. Anyone from 13th down could be in for a relegation battle.... also would you bet money that teams like W.Ham, Swansea, Southampton, Newcastle are safe? I know I wouldnt... Still a long way to go.
                                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                                X