Our Mini-Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Mini-Revival

Well, I think it's fair to say we are all a lot happier with the effort we are seeing on the pitch since the Liverpool game. In other words, we are happy that the players are now doing what they should have been doing since opening day.

But how is this translating into points?

Newcastle (A) - L 0-1
    Man City (H) - D 2-2
    Chelsea (A) - L 1-2
    Villa (H) - W 2-0
    Liverpool (H) - L 2-3

Points: 4 (5 matches) - 1.33 pts per match at home, 0 pts per match away.
    Estimated end of season points total: 25 (8 + 17 + 0)

I'll try to remember to update this thread after each match.
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Our Mini-Revival....Gotta new car eh?..Prefer the Cooper S

Comment

You have to take into account that we played Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool. Against other teams we should be able to get more points.

Comment

Our team is a lot more organized now. A win is hopefully on the Cards against Leicester already.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by fisnik View Post
          You have to take into account that we played Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool. Against other teams we should be able to get more points.
          Spot on.

Comment

I'd like to think by the turn of the year we'll have 20 points in the bag, if not we are in #### street
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Need 4 points minimum from the next 2 games or we're in a spot of bother
              I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

There is a lot less to complain about recently, the side looks a lot more settled and we look capable of getting a result each match, as Doug points out though this has to translate into points in the standings if we want to have a chance of survival!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

We can't just rely on our home form, need to start getting points away if we are to stay up.

Comment

One of our major problems is we seem unable to convert close games into draws and more often then not lose. Had we got draws at Hull, Southampton and today that's three more points and were out the bottom three. We have only drawn two games this season those above us have 4 or 5 draws

Our current problem is we win or lose there is no in between

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      One of our major problems is we seem unable to convert close games into draws and more often then not lose. Had we got draws at Hull, Southampton and today that's three more points and were out the bottom three. We have only drawn two games this season those above us have 4 or 5 draws

Our current problem is we win or lose there is no in between
                      If we would've had a full squad today, I think we would've won it. We made two changes away from home so it wasn't going to be easy.

The main thing is that we've improved, I feel that we'll be safe at the end of the year even if we lose the next game.

Comment

We are lots better than we were by a long way. But still not good enough to stay up at the moment, playing very well for us, but still the worst team in the division as i type.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                          If we would've had a full squad today, I think we would've won it. We made two changes away from home so it wasn't going to be easy.

The main thing is that we've improved, I feel that we'll be safe at the end of the year even if we lose the next game.

newcastle won it and they had 5 or 6 of their first team out.
                          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I understand but they are bang on form and playing at home, it was going to be a tough one for us. I think we've learned quite a bit from this game so it's only a good thing I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                              I understand but they are bang on form and playing at home, it was going to be a tough one for us. I think we've learned quite a bit from this game so it's only a good thing I guess.
                              every away game has been tough and will be ,and what have we learned from this game as opposed to the others
                              Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Working...
                              X