Negative and predictable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fisnik View Post
    Onuoha shouldn't really play at RB. I think he finds it difficult to decide what pass to play and gets nervous resulting in a poor ball at the end.
    a good player should be able to play anywhere across the back four

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
      a good player should be able to play anywhere across the back four
      Well may as well say a good player should be able to play anywhere in the pitch. All I'm saying is that we should really play him at CB or not at all.

Comment

Dont know what match she was watching? we were totally inept, Void of ideas,slow,gave the ball away constantly, forgot Fer was playing, Yun very poor, Barton semed to want an age on the ball which he isn't going to get, Zamora not holding the ball up, Austin not really given a chance all game, Ned was poor but why do we keep insisting in playing him out of position, he's either a CB or nothing he certainly isn't a Right back, Missed Vargas's energy and Isla very much

Comment

Originally posted by sirles9 View Post
          We got what they deserved today. We showed no ambition to win, we were technically poor and we were predictable. There's zero pace in the team without Vargas. Losing to a Newcastle team that had key players missing is disappointing but not surprising. Redknapp must buy some fresh, quick and hungry players in January
          the lack of pace is a real concern for me. when Austin dispossessed a Newcastle player and ran at the goal there was no support for him and he had to take a shot from a difficult angle. Compare that attack to one that saw Everton score their winner against West Ham where Eto'o (from a similar position, hit the ball across the box for Osman who was supporting the breakaway attack along with Lukaku who was fouled).

This is why QPR should be selecting players like Hoilett, Phillips or Traore and work on them getting into the box to support the forward(s).

I am not at all convinced that Fer deserves a place in the team, as I don't really see what he adds. he doesn't get into scoring positions or provide enough support in attack.

Vargas was obviously missed, but selecting Barton to replace him on the right flank was never ever going to provide QPR with an attacking option.

Redknapp needs to sort out his team's attacking tactics if QPR are going to stand a chance of competing to avoid the drop back down to the Championship.

In his 37 Premiership games managing QPR they have now failed to score in at least 16 of them. He can't keep blaming the players at his disposal as they all managed goals whilst playing for other clubs, including the likes of Hoilett (Blackburn), SWP (City and Chelsea) and Phillips (Blackpool).

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            the lack of pace is a real concern for me. when Austin dispossessed a Newcastle player and ran at the goal there was no support for him and he had to take a shot from a difficult angle. Compare that attack to one that saw Everton score their winner against West Ham where Eto'o (from a similar position, hit the ball across the box for Osman who was supporting the breakaway attack along with Lukaku who was fouled).

This is why QPR should be selecting players like Hoilett, Phillips or Traore and work on them getting into the box to support the forward(s).

I am not at all convinced that Fer deserves a place in the team, as I don't really see what he adds. he doesn't get into scoring positions or provide enough support in attack.

Vargas was obviously missed, but selecting Barton to replace him on the right flank was never ever going to provide QPR with an attacking option.

Redknapp needs to sort out his team's attacking tactics if QPR are going to stand a chance of competing to avoid the drop back down to the Championship.

In his 37 Premiership games managing QPR they have now failed to score in at least 16 of them. He can't keep blaming the players at his disposal as they all managed goals whilst playing for other clubs, including the likes of Hoilett (Blackburn), SWP (City and Chelsea) and Phillips (Blackpool).
            Some very good valid points, sometimes you have to get the best out of what you got, and we're not doing this.

Comment

We never play well when teams press us, other clubs must know that. If Adel had played, he would have made us more unpredictable, because that's what he does well.

Comment

Redknapp has often chosen a team to sit back and soak pressure and probably hope to steal a point or more via a clean sheet or a goal from a set piece, but this has rarely worked for him at QPR.

Hopefully Fernandes will not allow Redknapp to remain in charge to spend any money in January if QPR are cut adrift at the bottom again as in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                  Redknapp has often chosen a team to sit back and soak pressure and probably hope to steal a point or more via a clean sheet or a goal from a set piece, but this has rarely worked for him at QPR.

Hopefully Fernandes will not allow Redknapp to remain in charge to spend any money in January if QPR are cut adrift at the bottom again as in 2012.
                  And what if we're not cut adrift?
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                  X