Lacked Pace this afternoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lacked Pace this afternoon

We had no pace this afternoon could not break quick enough only toilet late on and he made a complete hash of it as usual blasts miles over.

Missing Vargas and Isla made a huge difference I think. We need the Chilean guys in the side.

Comment

def missed Vargas. the aim is to make sure we are not adrift in jan then hopefully bring in some pacy additions

Comment

Should we maybe see if Petrasso can step into the side?..Is he pacy?

Comment

the pace in our squad hoilett , phillips and swp are always giving the ball away

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            the pace in our squad hoilett , phillips and swp are always giving the ball away
            Maybe that is true about them, but Redknapp would have known about their ability (or lack of) to pass the ball and should have replaced them in the summer.

If he is going to persist with defensive displays, QPR need to have some pacey players capable of creating goal scoring opportunities on break away attacks. On Saturday he relied on Austin, Zamora, Barton, Sandro, Henry and Fer to provide this pace meaning QPR were just sitting ducks again as they were at Spurs Man Utd & West Ham.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              Maybe that is true about them, but Redknapp would have known about their ability (or lack of) to pass the ball and should have replaced them in the summer.

If he is going to persist with defensive displays, QPR need to have some pacey players capable of creating goal scoring opportunities on break away attacks. On Saturday he relied on Austin, Zamora, Barton, Sandro, Henry and Fer to provide this pace meaning QPR were just sitting ducks again as they were at Spurs Man Utd & West Ham.
              Didnt think we looked too defensive against Liverpool, Villa, Chelski or City.... maybe a bit against Chelski actually but I suppose they were/are top of the table and we just got out played.. But all in all in recent times think HR has got pretty much everything spot on
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

You can't expect a player to come on after 3 games and then be on form, the more JH plays the better he should get.

Comment

Think I read "ponderous" in one of the match reports; that's the exact word to describe us on Saturday (and in a lot of other games too). It's all looking so effing like last two stints in top-flight it's depressing. Luckily, there's a lot of other dross in this league so I think we can stay in touch and not be cut-off before January and hopefully get some players who are a bit pacey and don't get injured or sod off to internationals every few games.

Comment

We play too slow when Barton is in the team. He constantly calls for the ball and too often
                    everybody passes it straight to him without considering more direct options.
                    He then gets it and plays another sq pass, and before you know it little pace in the attack becomes no pace.
                    Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Joeys, but he needs step back sometimes and let our
                    game flow, rather than trying to dictate it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                      Didnt think we looked too defensive against Liverpool, Villa, Chelski or City.... maybe a bit against Chelski actually but I suppose they were/are top of the table and we just got out played.. But all in all in recent times think HR has got pretty much everything spot on
                      Nick, those were home games apart from Chelsea - and as you said. they were defensive there.

Away from home he sends the team out to sit back and defend and keep the scoreline down in the hope of nicking a goal which is difficult to do unless you have pace in the side or are very good at set pieces. Neither apply to the teams and tactics he has sent out at Spurs, Man Utd, West Ham, Southampton, Chelsea or Newcastle.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                        Nick, those were home games apart from Chelsea - and as you said. they were defensive there.

Away from home he sends the team out to sit back and defend and keep the scoreline down in the hope of nicking a goal which is difficult to do unless you have pace in the side or are very good at set pieces. Neither apply to the teams and tactics he has sent out at Spurs, Man Utd, West Ham, Southampton, Chelsea or Newcastle.
                        It will be interesting to see how we are set up and play these games coming up as its obvious Liverpool was a massive turning point for everyone (players and manager) and have played much much more attacking since then... the only away games we've played since Liverpool was against the best team in England (ouch) and Newcastle . Despite loosing to Newcastle we werent that defensive, also bearing in mind we had 2 very attacking 1st team players out (Isla and Vargas). Like I said before we've turned a corner and all we can do is wait and see what happens in our next away day and pray we have our attacking players ready to play. IMO we'll be a lot more attacking/positive than say when we played Spuds and UTD
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                        X