• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pablo Alvarez...Argentine defender

Training with us

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/f...ts-move-to-qpr

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pablo_S...n_%C3%81lvarez

30 year old full back who's spent most of his career playing in argentina and has had little experience in europe. No thanks.
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Maybe they want to look at him to see if he's any good?

Comment

Vargas has only played in europe since 2012 Nik, and age doesn't automatically write a player off, as you know

Comment

Just don't understand how we want to be looking at players who are being deemed not good enough for Catanaia

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
            30 year old full back who's spent most of his career playing in argentina and has had little experience in europe. No thanks.
            Juan Riquelme and sebastian veron played most of their career in Argentina... I would have loved them in this team at Alvarez' age. Also who said he was gonna start? he is most likely left back and right back cover
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Squad player for not a lot of dough. Doesn't look like a world beater to me and of course I'd rather we were trying to sign up and coming homegrown players. That said, we're in the relegation zone and have dropped a ton of cash in the last transfer window (some would argue that we haven't seen a return on yet). With FFP looming you can't blame the club for trying to sniff out a bargain or 2!

Comment

Full backs are prob the hardest positions to fill. All the good uns are tied down or cost the earth. This player looks good enough to me.

Comment

Back-up full back? May be an ok cheap option.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                    Full backs are prob the hardest positions to fill. All the good uns are tied down or cost the earth. This player looks good enough to me.
                    But I'd say we have both full back positions covered pretty well with Yuna and Isla first choice who are pretty decent, and then having good back up for them in Onouha and Traore(and even Clint at LB if required).

Don't really see the need myself.

Comment

Cant say ive heard of him.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
                        But I'd say we have both full back positions covered pretty well with Yuna and Isla first choice who are pretty decent, and then having good back up for them in Onouha and Traore(and even Clint at LB if required).

Don't really see the need myself.
                        I personally think one utility full back who can play either side would be great just as extra. Look at fabio when he was with us. He is a right footed left back who can play right back when needed
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                        X